haha:Windows vs. Linux on the Server and the Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaunak

Tux Fan
He's even put up his picture.:p

Hey but lest not bash either of the two OSes.
Well we must admit both windows and linux have their issues and must be sorted out as they evolve. Linux must bring in more uniformity and windows must become more secure.

drsethi

Journeyman
Desi-Tek.com said:
this is not fair. xp is not that bad read this 1 how linux screwed his life
*distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=review-winxp
Another false story spread by Linux Men! :D

praka123

left this forum longback
@drsethi: if u understand the ethics behind Linux,U will not be here to support Window$ .
so i'll say read,read and again read about Free Software and Open Source,GPL. as medics rely on referring and reading their books.
``Free software'' is a matter of liberty, not price. To understand the concept, you should think of ``free'' as in ``free speech,'' not as in ``free beer.''
*www.fsf.org/licensing/essays/free-sw.html
read-Linux is free software and Linux is only the kernel
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system (18k characters) every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is more often known as ``Linux'', and many users are not aware of the extent of its connection with the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is not the operating system. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in a combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU, with Linux functioning as its kernel.
*www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html
links for free software:
*www.fsf.org/licensing/essays
cathedral and bajaar
*www.catb.org/esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/

enlighten urself shed off the pride, Bill gates and his microsoft wont give u a trophy for ur support.left the fanboy in u.And Lastly GNU/Linux is not equal to Communism

*defectivebydesign.org/join/fsf

drsethi

Journeyman
Dear Prakash
I am not against Linux. As a matter of fact I am using it, at present SuSE.
But I am against spreading false/exaggerated stories about Windows.
I also use Windows but it never caused any serious problem. I am yet to see BSOD in Windows vista. :D

DukeNukem

Come get Some
windows Rules All no matter how many flaws it has(no one's perfect).

as i've said earlier

a Lion(Windows) is a Lion(Windows) is a Lion(Windows) isa Lion(Windows)

a loin(Other OS) is a loin(Other OS) is a loin(Other OS) is a loin(Other OS)

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
DukeNukem said:
windows Rules All no matter how many flaws it has(no one's perfect).

as i've said earlier

a Lion(Windows) is a Lion(Windows) is a Lion(Windows) isa Lion(Windows)

a loin(Other OS) is a loin(Other OS) is a loin(Other OS) is a loin(Other OS)
Just wait and watch time will tell who will be Duke and who will be Nuked.

praka123

left this forum longback
Will u get paid in Mangalore for supporting Mi-crow-soft?if yes pls post in random news section..there are many unemployed in my state and other.
Linux is the Lion which is coming slowly and sometimes fastly to capture the territory(World).Linux-territory male.

DukeNukem

Come get Some
prakash kerala said:
Will u get paid in Mangalore for supporting Mi-crow-soft?if yes pls post in random news section..there are many unemployed in my state and other.
Linux is the Lion which is coming slowly and sometimes fastly to capture the territory(World).Linux-territory male.

I Don Know What is with you guys

jus because Microsoft is not for free and linux is for free. Microsoft is Crap.

would'nt be this mentallaty same if the case is vice versa
i.e
Linux is not free and windows is for free

Yes it would've been

CHEAP THINKING but after all WE ARE HUMANS

DukeNukem

Come get Some
Desi-Tek.com said:
even winxp is free :p specially here in asia >>> india. 95% of the winxp user in India r using free 1.

This is the root cause of this problem. as now microsoft is pulling the cord on Piracy (which they can, way beeeefooore) result of which these 95% or more people's Comp is goin to turn OFF (or for time being untill next solu. (cracks/hacks) arrive). thus obnoxiousness

mediator

Technomancer
DukeNukem said:

would'nt be this mentallaty same if the case is vice versa
i.e
Linux is not free and windows is for free

Yes it would've been

Its not something related to price dude! We have adobe photoshop and then GIMP, well which is better? Obviously photoshop is much better becoz of its features n all! So is neone criticising adobe?? People r not foolish if u think to criticise nething without judgement!! Neways nobody is saying Xp or VISTA or MS is crap. All migrators from window to linux or vice versa compare the OSs first, and comparison is the only thing that is brought everywhere!

dukenukem said:
This is the root cause of this problem. as now microsoft is pulling the cord on Piracy (which they can, way beeeefooore) result of which these 95% or more people's Comp is goin to turn OFF (or for time being untill next solu. (cracks/hacks) arrive). thus obnoxiousness
Well thats good for MS and certainly bad for people who look for free installation of windows or cracked windows!! MOst people don't have the money to buy expensive software. Open source is the only thing then they can rely on! If MS protection increases, then I can bet that no. of windows users will certainly and tremendously drop !!

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
mediator said:
Its not something related to price dude! We have adobe photoshop and then GIMP, well which is better? Obviously photoshop is much better becoz of its features n all! So is neone criticising adobe?? People r not foolish if u think to criticise nething without judgement!! Neways nobody is saying Xp or VISTA or MS is crap. All migrators from window to linux or vice versa compare the OSs first, and comparison is the only thing that is brought everywhere!

Agree with Mediator......

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
DukeNukem said:
Its nothing to do with price of software.
Its more to do with standard compliance, monopolistic practices, bad business tactics.

DukeNukem said:
Yes it would've been
What do you mean?

Desi-Tek.com

In the zone
DukeNukem said:

watever !

vista beta c$ack is already out :)

mediator

Technomancer
kumarmohit said:
Phew
Linux Fanboys talking about Windows.
Will it ever be over?
There is a contradiction in ur statement!

Fanboy or Fanboi is a term used to describe someone who is utterly devoted to a single subject or hobby, often to the point where it is considered an obsession. The term originated in comic book circles, to describe someone who was socially insecure and used comics as a shield from interaction, hence the disparaging connotations. Fanboys are often experts on minor details regarding their hobbies, and they take these details extremely seriously. ...
*www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&hs=7...e:Fanboy&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title
The stereotypical image of the fanboy is as an unkempt, socially awkward, young man who may be perceived as a loud mouthed pseudo-intellectual
Source : Wiki

So u see no one here's a fanboy! No one is loud-mouthed, or feels insecure or tries to justify without proper reasoning and linux is not something of minor details! We feel the freedom in Linux world and only post its facts when compared to others OSs and nobody tries to put false facts or improper reasonings!

Regardng all that, the guy in this thread who is being discussed i.e Jorge Lopez, is called a fanboy!

Neways dude, I fear whereva the terms windows n linux will coexist this debate will always resurface itself! ;)

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
mediator said:
Regardng all that, the guy in this thread who is being discussed i.e Jorge Lopez, is called a fanboy!
Read his articles again, with a little more attention this time. You didn't get his witty sarcasm!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom