haha:Windows vs. Linux on the Server and the Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
i feel pity on this poor guy
Today I'm going to tackle one of the hottest topics in the industry, comparing Microsoft's latest offerings to the offerings being released by the major Linux players for both network servers and desktop solutions. I am going to steer clear of "total cost of ownership" arguments

*www.divisiontwo.com/articles/mcse2.htm

drsethi

Journeyman
gary4gar said:
i feel pity on this poor guy
Why do you feel pity?
Windows is used by 95% computer users and they are happy with it.
If you like Linux, you have no right to abuse or pity Windows users.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I rather feel that piece is a parody, looking at the way he's twisted the words. For example
Or it would if our pagers weren't constantly going off.
It's easy to see why XP is considered the ultimate platform for gamers.
No person in his sane mind would say that.

mediator

Technomancer
ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOO! :D:D

Windows Advanced Server lets me establish and administer global networks consisting of thousands of clients across hundreds of domains, all with a single wizard.
Yea like others servers didn't had that capability. He's so excited that windows adv. server finally lets the desperately longing fanboys do that.

Try getting a streaming video, DVD, CD, mp3, wma, and active content player all tightly integrated into a Linux server. Not likely!
Active content? :D Neways he forgot about propreitary linux for other things!

The Windows XP desktop is far more advanced than the laughable "home Linux solutions" from vendors like Mandrake and Lycoris, despite what some open source fascists will tell you
Poor Kid! I really pity his knowledge!

I'm running XP on the monster rig I use at home--a brand new Compaq mid-tower--and the OS blazes like a Corvette. I especially like the four games it comes with - Hearts, FreeCell (so addictive!), Minesweeper, and Solitaire. It's easy to see why XP is considered the ultimate platform for gamers.
Ok I agree windows is better in gaming area, but that kid is so happy with those 4 games?? Then he'll definitely die when he'll see the list of similar games on Linux!

One thing many home computer users are concerned with these days is viruses and all the time they consume. Linux zealots will try to say that their platform isn't plagued by things like email viruses, but with Windows XP I don't gotta worry about emailing viruses to my friends and family at all. The built-in email client Outlook Express does it automatically, in the background.
What does that insanity means?? Is he saying outlook express is more like an antivirus??

I save a lot of time thanks to Windows XP, which brings me to another area where Linux is lacking.
Gaming?

my computer is busily defragging my hard drive, running my virus scanner, and I'm being shown a list of all the latest MS security patches that are being remotely installed on my machine today.
Poor chap, so much maintainence, time wastage and ordeals he passes thru regularly!!!

Why doesn't Linux come with any defragmenting tools or virus scanners or Active Backdoor Update like you get with Windows? These are all must-have features for me.
ROFLMAO!! Fragmentation,viruses in Linux?? ROFLMAO! Any Linux noob wanna clean his hands here and remove the itchings in the palms??

Linux is seriously lacking in Internet utilities as well. No way would I run a Linux operating system if it means I can't connect to America Online.
Oh boy! He need a detailed enlightenment of how earlier Unixes connected like that when windows wasn't even born!

Also, where is Microsoft Office for Linux, Windows Media Player for Linux and Outlook Express for Linux? Nowhere to be found. If I can't type a letter, make a spreadsheet, or email anyone with Linux, why on earth would I ever put it on my desktop?
Windows fanboys in this forum can atleast reply to this!

Advantage: Windows

Final Score: Windows 5, Linux 0
Yea rt! Thats funny now!

I dunno why MS certifications decreases the brains of a person, increases his insolence and insanity, nulls his judgement capabilties and makes him a complete retard!

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer
^^ Oh boy, what a fanboy Jorge Lopez is ! :D He's so excited about the name that he wrote a whole page on it ! He is equivalent to Lalu on OS issues! Have Mercy!

mediator

Technomancer
desitek.com said:
this is not fair. xp is not that bad read this 1 how linux screwed his life
*distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=review-winxp

ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :D :D, THat whole page gives me an impression that the kid wrote that after getting huge sums of money from MS! He relates Linux users to hackers and windows users as innocent phreaks. No where in the post he compared Linux to Windows and all the way just kept on saying how he installed windows. He didnt even elobarated his statement "I've seen the light" clearly and kept talking open-source and closed-source softwares in opposite terms !

I think he's making fun of Windows in most humble manner with BSOD on windows Xp desktop!

Nice article! An open-source guy migrating to closed source?? and then saying "I've seen the light"?? ROFLMAO!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom