Hack Windows Update to download Vista SP1 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swappy

Right off the assembly line
How to trick Windows Update into thinking you are supposed to get the Beta SP1. It’s just two registry settings that need modifying, after which Windows Update will begin feeding you the components required for SP1 beta. Here’s an easy way to do it.

1.Open a text editor like Notepad, and paste the following text into it:

@echo off
reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\VistaSp1 /v Beta1 /t REG_SZ /d a2c3c14a-9586-4d37-9aaa-79fbd64069d2 /f
reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\VistaSP1 /v Beta1 /t REG_SZ /d a2c3c14a-9586-4d37-9aaa-79fbd64069d2 /f
echo Vista SP1 registry key has been set. Please check for updates in Windows Update.
pause

Save this file as a ‘.cmd’ or ‘.bat’ file, any name is fine, I chose sp1_vista_beta.cmd. Make sure there isn’t a ‘.txt’ extension at the end or it won’t work (changing the save as file type to ‘all files’ will help with this). You can save it to any location you like, I simply saved mine to the desktop.

2.Once you have the file, right-click on it and choose ‘Run as Administrator’ . A command prompt window will open, and should show you the following
Read More:
*windowsaddict.blogspot.com/2007/10/hack-windows-update-to-download-vista.html
*windowsaddict.blogspot.com

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
We already knew this from quite some time, but were not allowed to disclose.

Warning, installing Vista SP1 beta will de-activate your Windows whether legal or not & you will need to simply re-activate online. Do not install SP1 on production machines & wait for MS to release SP1 beta to public. The latest build .275 comes with a timebomb due to which SP1 will expire on 30 april 2008

If u r using a pirated version of Windows using the slmgr trick or timerstop or OEM BIOS crack then it will stop working after SP1 is installed & u won't be able to work on Windows Vista.

However, the current version comes with the latest build of Windows Server 2008 kernel which makes it really tempting to resist :D.

Last edited:

anandk

Distinguished Member
anyway it wznt a hack; just something a beta tester leaked to the internet, when he waznt supsd to.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
gx_saurav said:
If u r using a pirated version of Windows using the slmgr trick or timerstop or OEM BIOS crack then it will stop working after SP1 is installed & u won't be able to work on Windows Vista.
You scared me man.LOLzzzz.

Thanks for the 'hack' man but i already knew about it(I have the .reg file)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
GX .. did you really want to give out that details? NDA .... wont that be a problem?

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ Yeah. It was under NDA but not MVP NDA. It was under MS Connect NDA. Actually this registry hack was told to Vista SP1 Beta testers to install the SP1 using Windows Update feature and some one disclosed it and leaked on net. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom