guys pls help for torrents

samudragupta

Youngling
mtnl mumbai have blocked all torrent sites like pirate bay etc... i have tried using proxy sites and can browse the sites but cannot download any torrent. i also used tor in firefox and the same issue cannot download. any alternate way to access piratebay and be able to download torrents?? thanks

Last edited:

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Can you download .torrent files or not.
If not then simply us ethis to download .torrent files as .txt files and then rename them back to .torrent and start downloading using your P2P Client
txtor

Use any free web/http proxy to browse Piratebay.

If not try this

The default port for the BitTorrent protocol is any between port numbers 6881-6999.

ISPs throttle traffic on these ports as BitTorrent sharing involves high bandwidth usage. It’s easy to configure a different port in your torrent client.

Use some number above 10000 to get around ISPs and also avoid problems with other applications. By default, the uTorrent port is randomized each time it starts.

Set a specific port by not enabling the Randomize Port setting

*torrentfreak.com/bittorrent-over-ssh-071014/

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Ports can range over 1024-65534 so no point of setting a manual port of any value as randomizing port is already there.

@OP- Force all kind of encryption options available in bit torrent. May be it could work for you.

Give this link a try.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
As suggested by someone, use mobile to download torrents. Or ask your friends to send magnet linkd or torrents.

Using a tor vpn is the best option, and I wouldn't recommend sites where you can direct download torrents, like what torrific used to be (was taken down eventually). If you are that needy for the protocol to work, change your ISP and see if it works. Besides, there would be mirrors for things you need via torrents, use them.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
mtnl mumbai have blocked all torrent sites like pirate bay etc... i have tried using proxy sites and can browse the sites but cannot download any torrent. i also used tor in firefox and the same issue cannot download. any alternate way to access piratebay and be able to download torrents?? thanks

IIRC, the mentioned site doesn't provide .torrent files now, rather provides magnet links, which open directly in a compatible torrent client like the latest version of uTorrent.

So, it's more effective now, since now you can just copy the magnet link from the website and use it to download the files you require, using uTorrent.

Top Bottom