[Guwahati Members] List & Best ISP?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
if you go limited usage plan, speed shoots up as per GB cost is high. Once you hit unlimited, speed gets just way too low for even loading web pages even before FUP is pushed on.

will check the Rcom stick. will return the photon dongle to my friend before it becomes completely useless.

have a look at Amtron site. Amtron
plans are strange though.
I think the website has not been updated in a long time.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
have a look at Amtron site. Amtron
plans are strange though.
I think the website has not been updated in a long time.

long ago. but can't go for the hard line again as the link gets disrupted again and again. Most likely its RConnect+ for me with unlimited usage.

bubusam13

Human
Yes, BSNL is the major player and you know how Govt. services are. And due to geographical conditions also, wired connection becomes difficult.
And there are many other reasons also. In my area most people left BSNL long ago because of frequent disconnections and opted for data card. Since there are now almost no customers in my area now, if I take BSNL BB, I have to take the burden of wiring from a DB Box which is about 2/ 3 KMs away. Now since most people in my area invested in data cards, so there is now no room for Sify or Amtron or other local players.

Now you may have got a little idea about the situation.

bubusam13

Human
Re: [Guwahati Members] List & Best ISP?

------------------------------

Hi Guys... at last I found something. But Sorry I won't share how. Once I share, they will fix it. I am now using 10GB for Rs 270 only with download speed 2.6 mbps in Speedtest.net.
Though upload speed is low at 0.18mbps only.
Just for hint, in some networks, if you take 2G pack and choose WCDMA option, you get 3G speed and in some network it works :)

Don't feel bad, we struggle and we survive. And don't forget, necessity is the mother of invention. We will find some other way.

I told you CommanderShawnzer :)

bubusam13

Human

no It works with reliance, but not 2.6 mbps. In reliance using this trick its just faster than 2g but not that much. Yoo !!... I am enjoying a lot, watching live TV on phone with no worry about data charge :-D

Anyway, today I unlocked my Dad's Reliance Data card and asked him to get rid of that postpaid reliance. No reliance anymore. It sucks. I have applied this trick in his data card also(non reliance) and its working fine. And presently using that only.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

guess i have found what you are using. prepaid 2G 10GB @ 270 with 30days validity :)

Bump/Mini-Necro

Reliance Wired Postpaid BB Plans

Guys is this reliable? Is it available in Ghy? I'm sick of the stupid expensive BSNL plans (and FUPs). :evil::evil:

novas242001

Right off the assembly line
I applied for BSNL landline Sept last, installed 19/01. The first week there was a lot noise, so much that you cannot hear the IVR. Hence I had to register my complaints by visiting Pan Bazar. Then, it was fixed in about 2 days time. After another couple of days it came back again. Then, in another couple of days, the line went dead. I visited Satgaon office to be informed that the line is damaged and will take about a week to be fixed. BSNL is a goddamn nightmare. Either the linemen are disgustingly lazy - so lazy it makes you throw up to know - or their bosses are incompetent. To be honest, I think the hiring system in our Govt. is a load of crap. That's why Govt. officials are stuck to their chair. Now I don't know what to do. If I go anywhere, all they'll tell me is I have to wait.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@novas
complain to the Nodal officer(the address is on back of the bill. He sits in first or second floor in Panbazar building, not 100% sure)
I do agree their service is lame. And if there is problem with their underground cables it will probably take above a week sadly :(

svmpua

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys I am from Guwahati too. In search of a good broadband provider here.

According to me Rajdhani Broadband is very fast in Guwahati coz I have visited many cyber cafe with Rajdhani BB and the speed is mind blowing (5Mbps+ minimum and maximum around 9.5 mbps).
But it is very costly.

Sify is also good you have to be happy with 512kbps.
BSNL is also good but who wants to take a landline when other providers are providing BB without it?

Can anyone tell me if Reliance Thunder BB is available in Guwahati? The plans are very cheap and if it is available here then I will definitely take Reliance.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
BSNL is the only choice. Reliance is not very reliable and Rajdhani is too costly.

I am waiting for Airtel to launch services here. Will subscribe to their BB plan for sure.

bubusam13

Human
Airtel is already providing leased lines and dish connections. BSNL, (baiya channel). There are no options here.

Top Bottom