[Guwahati Members] List & Best ISP?

papul1993

not a newbie.....
Hi Guys I am from Guwahati too. In search of a good broadband provider here.

According to me Rajdhani Broadband is very fast in Guwahati coz I have visited many cyber cafe with Rajdhani BB and the speed is mind blowing (5Mbps+ minimum and maximum around 9.5 mbps).
But it is very costly.

Sify is also good you have to be happy with 512kbps.
BSNL is also good but who wants to take a landline when other providers are providing BB without it?

Can anyone tell me if Reliance Thunder BB is available in Guwahati? The plans are very cheap and if it is available here then I will definitely take Reliance.

What are the plans for Rajdhani?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Well I have at least 200GB of games to download from Steam; which isn't piracy :D.

I don't consider BSNL a service anymore. They're too ignorant to even keep long time customers who have been with them for well over a decade.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Re: [Guwahati Members] List & Best ISP?

Bumping this thread since I don't want to start a new one... I hope it is okay... :)

So, guys from Guwahati...

Which plans are you on and has the situation changed since this thread was started??? :-/

- - - Updated - - -

Bumping this thread since I don't want to start a new one... I hope it is okay... :)

So, guys from Guwahati...

Which plans are you on now and has the situation changed since this thread was started??? :-/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tagging some of you too:

[MENTION=57860]thetechfreak[/MENTION] @papul1993 [MENTION=88006]sam[/MENTION] @gigyaster @bubusam13 [MENTION=134933]sc3n3l0v3r[/MENTION] @Gaurav Bhattacharjee @JojoTheDragon

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
[MENTION=139494]powerhoney[/MENTION] The wired internet scene is even worse now. BSNL insisting we move to WiMax rather than fix lines where they've been damaged. Been using for 2 months now and it's actually pretty good(although bandwidth still is very less)

Here is a Speedtest:
*www.speedtest.net/result/3636157255.png

No other major ISP here worth getting in a budget. Waiting for Airtel BB and any other private ISP to start service here.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent

[MENTION=139494]powerhoney[/MENTION] The wired internet scene is even worse now. BSNL insisting we move to WiMax rather than fix lines where they've been damaged. Been using for 2 months now and it's actually pretty good(although bandwidth still is very less)

Here is a Speedtest:
*www.speedtest.net/result/3636157255.png

No other major ISP here worth getting in a budget. Waiting for Airtel BB and any other private ISP to start service here.

I have been with BSNL in Guwahati for about 10 years now... :p Since I was around Class 4 or 5!!!

I have been using the ULD 750 or something plan of theirs and it gives me decent speed...

*www.speedtest.net/result/3636295967.png

But, I would have liked a better connection as my current one only allows me to download about 150 to 200 GB per month...

So, any idea about the other ISPs???

My neighbour used to use JAVA Broadband or something which provided him with around 1.5-2.0 MB/sec (i.e., 180 to 240 kB/sec. downlink) but they are highly susceptible to downtime...

I haven't faced any serious issues with BSNL in my 10 years (lucky me!!! :mrgreen:) but would like to know if the other providers like Amtron, etc have improved their service!!! :-D

- - - Updated - - -

^^Stick with BSNL imo.. :))

PS(to self):Ah Guwahati.......brings back fond memories.

Why did you go to Dehradun??? For +2 studies or parents got transferred??? :-/ :offtopic:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
[MENTION=139494]powerhoney[/MENTION] I'd say avoid that ISP. One interesting thing you may have noticed my ping to the Delhi server is actually better than yours!

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
[MENTION=139494]powerhoney[/MENTION] I'd say avoid that ISP. One interesting thing you may have noticed my ping to the Delhi server is actually better than yours!

Okay... Actually, I need the internet for just the two-three months I am away from the excellent net speed back at my NIT... :)

I looked at Amtron plan tariffs yesterday and they were humongous... Who in their right mind would subscribe to them!!! :-@

About my ping, that was actually a one-off... I usually have my pings around the low 90s to the high 100s... :)

And, about my speed being 1 MBps, it should actually be 512 kBps after the 6 or 8 GB initial high speed but since the engineers here are a little behind the times, I have been lucky since the last three-odd years but, hey, I ain't complaining... :p

seamon

Superhuman Spambot

Wrong section... :p

Post it here and we'll see the hilarious reaction!!! :-D :-D
*www.digit.in/forum/broadband-dth/138028-post-your-speedtest-results.html

Been there. Done that.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay... Actually, I need the internet for just the two-three months I am away from the excellent net speed back at my NIT... :)

I looked at Amtron plan tariffs yesterday and they were humongous... Who in their right mind would subscribe to them!!! :-@

About my ping, that was actually a one-off... I usually have my pings around the low 90s to the high 100s... :)

And, about my speed being 1 MBps, it should actually be 512 kBps after the 6 or 8 GB initial high speed but since the engineers here are a little behind the times, I have been lucky since the last three-odd years but, hey, I ain't complaining... :p

Take up 2799 BSNL plan for 2-3 months.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent

Been there. Done that.

- - - Updated - - -

Take up 2799 BSNL plan for 2-3 months.

Which plan??? Link me... :)

----------------------------------------------

Never mind, got it...

That has 2 Mbps beyond FUP which is 30 GB... Worst plan!!! :-(

My neighbor gets 2 Mbps constant without FUP at Rs. 650 odd from that JAVA telecom or something!!!

Will check with those JAVA people if I can get a more stable connection from them for my home... :)

- - - Updated - - -

Have I shown mine? :))
*www.speedtest.net/result/3636789585.png

Btw, this one is specially meant for you!!! :p :p :razz:

*i.imgur.com/Sp7S13I.png

thedotaguy

Right off the assembly line
hey guys, is bsnl ftth is available in guwahati now??? If not i got fooled by their site :p
And if it is here, please tell me about the lowest latency experienced by any user, that will be very helpful.
Source: *www.assam.bsnl.co.in/FTTH.htm

Top Bottom