[Guide] Laptop Buying Guide.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
The 10 Best Business Laptops | PCMag.com

This page sums it up. I can't believe it that I, the greatest hater of apple products, am actually supporting macbooks.

If the question is about performance/speed/security then just look at my laptop. Also macbooks are yet faster.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Added Touch laptop section. I will do a major upgrade when Maxwell is launched here. For the time being, current laptops are good enough.

geek_rocker

Broken In
Toshiba Satellite L50-A I3111 Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) Rs.39990 Price in India - Buy Toshiba Satellite L50-A I3111 Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) Luxury White Pearl With Stripes Online - Toshiba: Flipkart.c

What do you think of this laptop seamon? I think it overpowers everything else in the 30 to 40 k category for gamers.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Toshiba Satellite L50-A I3111 Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) Rs.39990 Price in India - Buy Toshiba Satellite L50-A I3111 Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) Luxury White Pearl With Stripes Online - Toshiba: Flipkart.c

What do you think of this laptop seamon? I think it overpowers everything else in the 30 to 40 k category for gamers.

strictly a no-no. It has a U processor. The GPU will be rendered useless.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Sub 30k range : Asus X551CA-SX014H Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8) Rs.28817 Price in India - Buy Asus X551CA-SX014H Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8) Black Online - Asus: Flipkart.com

38k (Slim form factor) : HP Pavilion 15-n010TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) Rs.38190 Price in India - Buy HP Pavilion 15-n010TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) Imprint Mineral Black Horizontal Brush Pattern Online - HP: Flipkart.com

sub 50k gamer : Lenovo Ideapad Z510 (59-387057) Laptop (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) Rs.47990 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Ideapad Z510 (59-387057) Laptop (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) Dark Chocolate Online - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

sub 50k touch : HP Envy X2 11-G004TU Laptop (2nd Gen ADC/ 2GB/ 64GB eMMC/ Win8/Touch) Rs.44990 Price in India - Buy HP Envy X2 11-G004TU Laptop (2nd Gen ADC/ 2GB/ 64GB eMMC/ Win8/Touch) Aluminium Finish In Natura Silver Colour Online - HP: Flipkart.com

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Looking for a basic usage all rounder laptop for a friend. Not for gaming. Budget is around 25K - 30K. (Not creating a thread. Just need general opinion).
Is Asus X551CA-SX014H Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8) good enough?

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
lol name some businesses who use macs. 99% of business computers run on Windows based PC's.
A mac is a consumer product.

My notebook is business PC and I use it for work. Its speed is awesome and security is top notch. Its only expensive because of the formfactor. HP's are generally expensive but yeah 3yr warranty is really good.

Well I work for a TelCo ... and we do have some MacBooks , primarily used to develop and test IPAD and IPHONE apps for the TelCo ..

Also ThoughtWorks , a reputed SW Development Firm , gets its folks Macbooks , I have seen them using it ...

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks [MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION] and guys , for this thread with wealth of Information.
Now that I have bought y510p , a friend ask for help in choosing a business laptop under 40k . =) this thread helped again! thanks!! great job ...

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
"Someone got you banned and I approve of that.
We don't mind accidental bumping,but what you did was on purpose.Don't teach technicality here.
self introspect and move on. "-vkl

Ban me forever bump. I am officially pissed off now.

- - - Updated - - -

I got a 2 day ban for a simple joke necro bump undermining my helpful advise for all these months.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
"Someone got you banned and I approve of that.
We don't mind accidental bumping,but what you did was on purpose.Don't teach technicality here.
self introspect and move on. "-vkl

- - - Updated - - -

I got a 2 day ban for a simple joke necro bump undermining my helpful advise for all these months.

Necrobump on which thread???

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Necrobump on which thread???

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/144409-budget-gaming-laptop.html

There isn't a word in the Rules thread wherein an "old" thread is properly defined. It is neither mentioned that one shouldn't post in an "old" thread. Even then I stuck to the topic.
#WaitingForBanHammer

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/144409-budget-gaming-laptop.html

There isn't a word in the Rules thread wherein an "old" thread is properly defined. It is neither mentioned that one shouldn't post in an "old" thread. Even then I stuck to the topic.
#WaitingForBanHammer

Yep Seamon we support u!
Seamon!Seamon.....Seamon!
Now what let's start a campaign against mods!

Hahaha now don't ban me!
#PolishingSenseofHumour

Please suggest this laptop under a budget of 38k. *www.flipkart.com/item/COMDUS3GGFVKVVBD

Go to local lenovo reseller or do store!
They are offering 4th gen i5 with 8750m in G510

Also there's an HP model
Refer this thread,OP has same requirements and chose amond HP and Lenovo Acc to ur suitability!

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=183864

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

- - - Updated - - -

You really think replying to a guy who haven't posted since 22 Aug 2011 is "helping"? I don't get the purpose of posting a poem too on that thread.
Also, you accepted you were necro bumping too. So you were indeed doing it on purpose.

And now you try to defame a mod by posting his PM. You really deserve a permaban.
But I will leave that decision to the actual super mods. Members who don't understand the "importance of community" don't really belong on a forum such as this.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
You really think replying to a guy who haven't posted since 22 Aug 2011 is "helping"? I don't get the purpose of posting a poem too on that thread.
Also, you accepted you were necro bumping too. So you were indeed doing it on purpose.

And now you try to defame a mod by posting his PM. You really deserve a permaban.
But I will leave that decision to the actual super mods. Members who don't understand the "importance of community" don't really belong on a forum such as this.

Woh!Woh!Woh!
Cool down man!

Anyways we guys are strictly OFFTOPIC here as it is advice thread!
Let's contribute our knowledge so that we can help others!

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
Yep Seamon we support u!
Seamon!Seamon.....Seamon!
Now what let's start a campaign against mods!

Hahaha now don't ban me!
#PolishingSenseofHumour

Go to local lenovo reseller or do store!
They are offering 4th gen i5 with 8750m in G505

Also there's an HP model
Refer this thread,OP has same requirements and chose amond HP and Lenovo Acc to ur suitability!

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=183864

its in G510.
all the ones with LSD as 5 are AMD configs and with 0 are intel configs.

Top Bottom