[Complaint] Gtx 780ti Hof Rma

kmkarthick92

Right off the assembly line
Hello,
I'm from chennai.. I purchased 780 ti hof model from galaxy brand. I dont know how many of you people know about this brand or even does it exist in india. galaxy products were handled by TAG(technology and gadgets). Only 6 branches all over india headquartered in mumbai. So coming to the problem I rma'ed this card twice since i purchased the card. The card was purchased on feb of 2014 so actually this is an 700 series card from 2013. After so much delay (15 days+) the card reached to mumbai from chennai.. So i called mumbai office today and they said they will take 5 days to ship the card to hong kong. so i dont know what is the point in shipping the card to hong kong if they cant repair it. so does anyone had experience of rma'ing their card like this shipping to hong kong. Also will i get the same model or replaced by another newer model?

saswat23

Human Spambot
May be they will issue you a new one. And its very bad to know that they take so long time for a RMA. This brand should be avoided.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Usually most brands replace the card. Sometimes people get lucky and get a new model.

No. Most get them repaired and simply give a refurbished unit allotted by the company. Cards and motherboards don't die off easily unless it gets completely fried because of bad power supplies or incredibly wrong voltage input in bios during overclocking. Only in the case where the distributor finds it unfeasible to send it to China or Taiwan or HK for repairs they would provide an alternative option based on what stocks they can spare.

@km: Twice is a lot. Which power supply are you using?

OP
K

kmkarthick92

sorry for late reply.. i've been for holidays... i'm using rm850 from corsair

- - - Updated - - -

already rma'ed once but they took only a week to replace the card.. they know the product is no longer available but still they are trying to repair the card by sending to HK instead of replacing with newer model. aslo the warranty gets over by feb 2017.. so that's what I worried about...

- - - Updated - - -

called today and the guy told he will call back after 15 minutes.. and then finally he called and offered 980.. i asked for 980 ti but he said its an equivalent one.. 780 ti takes more than a month to repair.. but he said temporary.. so whatever I'm getting a card for resuming my gaming.. probably getting the card next week.. will update you then..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't get it - are you getting a GTX 980 as the replacement of GTX 780 or they are giving GTX 980 just for temporary use till your GTX 780 gets repaired ?

OP
K

kmkarthick92

I don't get it - are you getting a GTX 980 as the replacement of GTX 780 or they are giving GTX 980 just for temporary use till your GTX 780 gets repaired ?

not 780.. 780ti... they said as temporary... but i haven't heard this type of policy to temporary use a card until old card gets repaired. have to wait and see.. if they give just card alone then probably its true and if not its like replacement.

OP
K

kmkarthick92

Some manufacturers offers such temporary solutions.

finally got 980 and its working well... also i'm planning to buying ups because severe voltage fluctuation in my area. so for 850w what ups can i buy? if i buy 1000va ups it wont be sufficient since it supports only upto 660w..

Top Bottom