GTX 590 Discussion

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
[Youtube] Linus Tech Tips GTX 590 Max Oc - Page 2 - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

yeah gaurav. some interesting info there. your username there?

[Youtube] Linus Tech Tips GTX 590 Max Oc - Page 2 - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

yeah gaurav. some interesting info there. your username there?

Ah good thing is there on page 2...6990 vs 590 crysis 2 :)

[youtube]FrJnIr1t28M[/youtube]

UserID: Gaurav Bhattacharjee

Also see my post above about Twin Frozr III not being given in 590...and your thoughts on it??/

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
another :rofl: nVidia - The Way It's Meant to Explode :-D from here - Amd says "Prove It" to Nvidia - Graphics-Cards - Graphic-Displays

and i think both 6990 and 590 need something in cooler department.
6990 - less noisy cooler (though mostly i read its not that annoying too).
590 - needs first of all better circuitry. [LR] NVIDIA Geforce GTX 590 Video Card Blows Up on Video - Forceware Drivers Blamed - Page 16 - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

see this - GTX490/GTX590 Collective (Photos and Specs) **CONSTANTLY UPDATED** - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

another :rofl: nVidia - The Way It's Meant to Explode :-D from here - Amd says "Prove It" to Nvidia - Graphics-Cards - Graphic-Displays

HAHAHAHAHA.
The Way Its Meant To Explode...for Nvidia and rightly so after this fiasco and also The Future Is Explosion...for Nvidia not AMD... :D

and i think both 6990 and 590 need something in cooler department.
6990 - less noisy cooler (though mostly i read its not that annoying too).
590 - needs first of all better circuitry. [LR] NVIDIA Geforce GTX 590 Video Card Blows Up on Video - Forceware Drivers Blamed - Page 16 - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

yeah needs better ckt design and cooling...

see this - GTX490/GTX590 Collective (Photos and Specs) **CONSTANTLY UPDATED** - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

you got this from Open1Your1Eyes0's signature didn't you??? :wink:

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
One would have thought that MSI might have introduced their Twin Frozr III technology with the 590 but they do it with 580 and 6970 instead. Why?????

HD580 & GTX580 = single GPU. so same design works.
HD6990 & GTX590 = 2 GPU. complete redesign of TwinFrozer III engine required.

it sounds easy but to attain top efficiency, its a lengthy job. so should see it in a month's time, with Lighting or some other name.

another :rofl: nVidia - The Way It's Meant to Explode :-D

HAHAHA.

The Future Is Explosion[/I][/B]...for Nvidia not AMD... :D

:clap2:

rchi84

In the zone
Well, tbh, there wasn't anything else that Nvidia could have done to make a Dual GPU fermi card. If they had made something with the 560 or 570 cores, then it would have been on par or slightly below the 6990. And the dual 580 design is not friendly to single pcb form factor.

Maybe they should have borrowed a leaf out of AMD's book and gone ahead with a dual 570 core with 1536 VRAM for each.

My only regret is that even at 700$, the 590 gives no reason for Nvidia to drop the ridiculous pricing on the 580 :(

Factory OCed 590? I don't know how many vendors would be interested in offering one. As it is, the market for a 700$ card is very limited. adding on 50 to 100$ to the price will make the 6990 a more attractive option.

Still, Aam Junta won't realise how good the 560 SLI is, for like 200$ less.

tkin

Back to school!!
For those who are jumping because AMD 6990 is faster and 590 is blowing up:

amd 99% gpu load - Google Search

6990 might be good gpu but the drivers are just crap, once you buy it you'll waste 1/3rd of your gaming time troubleshooting drivers, cheers.

PS: nVidia 590 might have issues but other 5/4 series cards don't, all AMD gpus(5xxx, 6xxx) suffer from this bug, this bug was apparently rectified for 6xxx series but success isn't 100% guaranteed, and the issue is not even admitted for 5xxx users.

Some more bugs(still not fixed, existed for months now):
amd mouse cursor lag corner - Google Search

I'm just tired of issues like this, I'll rather not oc than waste time on changing drivers etc.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^^i do agree nvidia drivers are less problematic but mostly the issues you mentioned are fixed for 6 series. and 5 series is also receiving fixes.

from our forum cilus uses 6870 without any driver issues.

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Ya, I'm and very happy with it. I think AMD has improved a lot in Driver issues...look at their scaling in CF, almost 1.8 to 2 times performance. I think we need to go for regular driver updates and install the new patches. FOr example the last 10.10 Catalyst driver does not officially supports 6000 series cards and I was facing little performance issue once I've installed it. But after installing the 10.10a patched driver those problems were solved. Currently the driver 11.2a brings some features of 6000 series card to 5000 series...So installing it will definitely help...may be not a huge performance boost, but some stability.
Tomshardware has a review of this. Please check it out over here.

Piyush

Lanaya
^^hmmm....so looks like regular updates are helpful here
and what if someone has 10.10 version of drivers and he updates it with 10.10b
then do he has to apply 10.10a too?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Both companies suck as far as drivers are concerned. Both suck! Speaking from experience with both.

*i.imgur.com/bbezn.jpg

*i.imgur.com/Cvggd.jpg

where the eff is 1920x1080?? Been over a year now. :| I can't even force it.

yup, I know how irritating that 99% load bug with ATi cards is. But this thing is equally irritating for me. I think 10.10e with Avivo disabled fixes that 99% load bug.

and yes, I haven't mentioned about TF2 crashing at the Valve intro scene sometimes which again is an nVidia driver issue. :|

There you have it: *i.imgur.com/Bt3W5.jpg

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ jaskanwar

Okay buddy lets end the discussion here. Its not getting productive at all. Cool off and we can start afresh and this time without any offense. Good for the forum:smile:

Top Bottom