GTX 560 ti stock or factory OC

s2n

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I am building my new PC and confused about the stock GFX card and their factory OC versions. I have decided on GTX 560 ti. I have found many driver issues with 560 ti OC cards and am not not sure if i should be buying those.

I am assembling my new build this week and need your advice.

Also which PSU brands are dependable and good? Corsair, Antec etc?

Thank you.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
i didnt came across driver issues with factory oced cards. please mention here.

get a MSI GTX560 Ti HAWK eyes closed for 560ti. its factory oced to great level and comes with a nice cooler.

mention everything you are buying along with future upgrades so that we can suggest a psu.

OP
S

s2n

There are lots of complains in nvidia forums about zotac, gigabyte factory OCed cards relating to BSODs , incompatible drivers and all. Thats what got me thinking.

My rig :

Proc: i5 2500k
Motherboard: MSI P67A G43 (fits my budget cant go higher)
GFX Card: ? (budget <13500)
Memory: 8 GB DDR3 1333Mhz Kingston (Is there any point upgrading to 1600. No OC so fine with kingston)
HDD: 750 GB WD Caviar Black 7200 rpm
Case: Not Decided (suggestions??)
Supply: ??

I was considering HAWK. What is its price (i live in Delhi so buying from nehru place) ?

Thank you.

Oh forgot..

Display: Benq G2222HDL. playing at 1080p. (already bought)

No up-gradation on this rig for a long time.

Here are few links i saw related to freeze , artefacting and crash problems and all.

Freeze problem with new gpu msigtx 560 ti hawk - Graphics-Cards - Graphic-Displays
Problem with GTX 560 Ti Hawk. - NVIDIA Forums

There are many more i found on googling.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Driver issues with nVIDIA? Quite hard to believe, their drivers are better than ATI's. Btw the 560-ti HAWK is the best bang for money at that range. If you plan to go with AMD, Sapphire HD 6950 1GB is available at 13.2k it is just a few fps behind the hawk, although the hawk with the high quality capacitors and the propeller blades is a much better choice.

Case: Not Decided (suggestions??)

Budget?

OP
S

s2n

Yes i know nvidia's drivers are quite refined but do the drivers provided by nvidia work with the factory OCed cards?

I will SLI or Crossfire this card after a year but in a different rig (new PSU for that). Keeping that in mind which is a better option?
1. Radeon 6950 1 gb
2. MSI GTX560 ti Hawk

Budget for case... 2k (How much does it influence the performance b'coz i am already tight on my budget so cheaper is better)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
HD6950 and GTX 560 Ti neck to neck in performance - HD6950 1GB consumes less power and if you are opting for HD6950 get the newly launched 1GB TFIII Edition ;-)

For Cabinet get NZXT Gamma though it might be over 2k now and let us know your budget for the PSU as you will add another gfx card later ;-)

rchi84

In the zone
Hey, you can buy the Factory OCed version of the 560Ti with your eyes closed. If there are any problems, you can always exchange it under warranty.

Plus, the 560 Ti had loads of OC room from stock clocks, so it's pretty safe. the only cards I read bad things about, in terms of OC, were certain 570s and the 590.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Get the Radeon 6950 1 gb TFIII version. Better cooling. This card is almost same in performance of 560Ti but consumes less power as topgear has said.
IMO, Raedeon cards are better than NViDIA cards.(My opinion only, nobody take offence)

OP
S

s2n

Thank you all for your suggestions.

I am currently leaning towards GTX560 TI Hawk but the R6950 TFIII has put me in dilemma again. I have to check if its available.

I am also concerned about the MSI service in Delhi. Many vendors said its not that good. (Any views Delhi ppl?)

Hey, you can buy the Factory OCed version of the 560Ti with your eyes closed. If there are any problems, you can always exchange it under warranty.

Is that process smooth? After sales service here is terrible, wonder how it is for MSI. How long does it take and all...

For Cabinet get NZXT Gamma though it might be over 2k now and let us know your budget for the PSU as you will add another gfx card later

Thank you for the suggestion on the cabinet. NZXT Gamma was on my list but was not available and had to buy one so got one of zebronics. Usually i avoid that company but the particular cabinet was awesome for the price with 3 fans and solid built.
I will be sli/crossfire on another rig with this card, so PSU is not a concern right now. I got a 600W corsair for this rig.

Top Bottom