GTA IV Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitash

Intel OCer
I just started playin 4 a few days..just got my appartment burnt by dimitri...now is there auto aiming in the PC version? it sais so on the options menu...if s how do i auto aim at ppl?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I just started playin 4 a few days..just got my appartment burnt by dimitri...now is there auto aiming in the PC version? it sais so on the options menu...if s how do i auto aim at ppl?
Why would you need auto aim? Are you playing with a controller?

Ei8t

Journeyman
@shekhar and ethan... thanks guys i finally got the phone call when i went for the interview with goldberg...

i have another problem.. i game is not running properly.. yesterday when i went to that club to kill the 3 managers the game crashed in middle of the firefight and while i was outside. now the game doesnt load up, the initial gta 4 logo comes but nothing afterwards only a black screen.. even if the game manages to run it lags a lot.. almost unplayable... can someone help???:confused::confused:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
i have another problem.. i game is not running properly.. yesterday when i went to that club to kill the 3 managers the game crashed in middle of the firefight and while i was outside. now the game doesnt load up, the initial gta 4 logo comes but nothing afterwards only a black screen.. even if the game manages to run it lags a lot.. almost unplayable... can someone help???:confused::confused:
Is this with or without the patch? Also what are the graphic settings that you have applied for the game? Added commandline.txt file?

Ei8t

Journeyman
Is this with or without the patch? Also what are the graphic settings that you have applied for the game? Added commandline.txt file?

yes its with the patch and i've added the commandline.txt. my settings are-
1440*900
texture qlty= high
renderer qlty= high
view distance= 32
detrail distance= 58
vehicle density= 41
shadow density= 6

Yo dude try reinstall the game. (also try turning on rockstar social club and logging in) Mine is running fine without patch and commandline.txt. Try different grafix setting and loading an previous save game. It should do the trick

amitash

Intel OCer
Why would you need auto aim? Are you playing with a controller?

No the 8600gt im playing with right now gives bad performance in heavy fire fights so auto aiming would be much better...and anyway this is the first gta im playing for the PC after chuking my ps2.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
No the 8600gt im playing with right now gives bad performance in heavy fire fights so auto aiming would be much better...and anyway this is the first gta im playing for the PC after chuking my ps2.
Oh in that case I'm not really sure how it works out. Haven't tried it out till now.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
All I'd suggest for the 'Three Leaf Clover' mission is run as fast as you can. Don't try to shoot out every cop that you have out there. I tried to do that once but they spawn in large numbers & if either of you die then it's game over. Try to stack up a few grenades & try to blow up the cop cars. This should be a faster way then shooting your way through everything that moves. Keep up with Packie & Derrek as they keep moving forward.

amitash

Intel OCer
I found out that the auto aiming thing is only for the consoles :(
Anyway in options i made the aiming crosshairs basic and all that comes is a small dot...now im 10 times better at the game...i love the small dot...have experience playing with a similar crosshair online for 3 years with the Oops clan in enemy territory.

chavo

Journeyman
hey guys i just finish the game
in this game u hav lots of choice like u can kill Playboy or Dwayne
so me and my bro we play with two diff save
so we found tht there r 2 turning points in game which change the story of game

1'st- when u get choice 2 kill either Dwayne or Playboy

my bro killed Playboy and after tht Dwayne becomes NB's frd

i killed Dwayne.after killing Dwayne Playboy calls me and he said "Dwayne was like my brother and u killed him now we r no more frds Good bye NB"

2'nd point which change the games end fully
when u get choice 2 kill Dimitri or Deal with him

my bro go with deal
he found the toughest mission of game give by Dimitri
and after tht Romaan's wedding day come and Dimitri's one of the man killed Romman in his wed
so we hav 2 kill Dimitri

i choose 2 kill Dimitri
after killing Dimitri in Romman's wed tht Jimmy Pedro***(i forgot his surname) killed our GF Kate
so we hav 2 kill tht jimmy

so guys its ur choice whether u want ur beloved cousion or u want ur beloved GF

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I found out that the auto aiming thing is only for the consoles :(
It was meant to be a console feature. It's more like an assisted form of aiming. That is the reason my first question to you was if you were using a controller. If so then it's difficult to make precision aiming at times & hence this feature comes in very handy.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
That's because you still have other side missions to perform. According to the sticky thread on GameFAQS posted by Trini_Bwoi, here is what leads to 100% completion:

Storyline Missions - 60%
Complete all 90 missions in the main storyline, in any possible order.
The pause menu stat will say 94 missions, because 4 missions have two parts.
Different choices of killing or sacrificing does not cripple affect your chances for 100%.

Assassination Missions - 2%
Finish all 9 assassination missions for the fixer, activated through a pay phone.
The pay phone is at the intersection of Traeger Road and Odhner Avenue in Alderney.
There will be weapons and armor for you between the pile of wood in the compound by the pay phone.

Brucie's Races - 2%
Win in the 9 races given to you by Brucie.
Take your time during turns in each race, the AI sucks, so no need to rush.
The cars the opponents have is based on the car you bring to the race.

Brucie's Exports - 2%
Steal the cars Brucie tells you to, 10 in total, and take them to his lockup.
The cars you are told to steal, and their locations, are random.
The cars will always be guarded by people with guns...who will shoot at you.
He tells you which car to steal through your email.

Stevie's Car Thefts - 2%
Find and deliver all 30 cars to his garage as requested by Stevie, through text messages.
The order of the cars you are asked for will be random, not the locations.
Be sure to leave your phone ON after meeting Derrick, or you may never get to do these missions.
After completing this, the garage will be open, for you to delivery any car for cash.
You can keep any car he asks for, and it will respawn in it's found location.
A very good map = *pwnsu.com/img/gta4/maps/TextMessageCars.jpg

Little Jacob's Deliveries - 2%
Complete all 10 deliveries for Little Jacob.
You can just go inside the rusty car to get the package, and take a taxi to the destination.
The Rasta Huntley you receive on your last run can be commonly found.

Current Crimes Vigilante Missions - 2.5%
Do 20 current crimes vigilante missions, accessible through the police computer in a police car.
You do not have to do them consecutively.
You'll receive an on screen message when you have done 20 of them.

Most Wanted - 2.5%
Kill 30 criminals in in the most wanted menu of the police computer in a police car.
There are 10 most wanted criminals per island.

Random Encounters - 5%
Finish all 16 of the missions random pedestrians give you.
You will have 1 encounter with the following: Badman, Gracie, Ilyena, Hossan, Mel.
You will have 2 encounters with the following: Eddie, Marnie, Pathos Sara.
You will meet Brian 3 times.
Jeff, and people who appear randomly as a sacrificial choice do not count.
A very good map = *pwnsu.com/img/gta4/maps/RandomCharacters.jpg

Activities - 5%
Do every possible activity with Little Jacob, Brucie, and Packie, at least once.
Little Jacob: Darts, drinking, eating, pool, show, strip club.
Brucie: Boating, bowling, drinking, eating, heli ride, show, strip club.
Packie: Bowling, darts, drinking, pool, show, strip club.
You can do more than 1 activity consecutively.

Special Abilities - 5%
Gain Little Jacob's, Brucie's, and Packie's special ability, by increasing their like.
Little Jacob: 60 % like, to unlock his special ability to sell you discounted guns from his car trunk.
Brucie: 70% like, to unlock his special ability to pick you up at a helipad in a helicopter.
Packie: 75 % like, to unlock his special ability of leaving a car bomb some place near.
You get friend's likes up by taking them out, and not ignoring them for long periods.

Competitions - 5%
Win 1 game of pool, bowling, and darts against a friend or a NPC.
Beat the high score of 11000 points in the QUB3D arcade game.

Flying Rats - 2.5%
Shoot all 200 designated pigeons, around Liberty City.
The pigeons have a red glow, very distinguishable at night time.
You will most likely gain a wanted level every time you shoot one.
There are 56 in Alderney, 71 in Algonquin, and 73 in Dukes/Bohan/Broker
The reward for this is a crappy annihilator helicopter on the MeTV building.

Unique Jumps - 2.5%
Successfully find, and land all 50 unique jumps.
You will obviously need a fast car or bike.
18 in Alderney, 15 in Algonquin, 17 in Dukes/Broker/Bohan

Thanks Ethan i didn't know that. I got one thing to ask now i have found out that Mechalle is a cop and i dont have anyone to date. Where to find new dates. I tried the net cafe two -From russia without love and galloria have ignored me. What to do? And Mallorie has her answering machine turned on.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
You can't date Mallorie as she's Roman's gal. So hands off her. :D

After you 'dump' Michelle, you will meet up with Patrick McReary a.k.a Packie after some point. That is when you'll be introduced to your new love interest, Packie's sister, Kate McReary. You can start dating her once Packie passes on her number to you. Complete some of his missions & you'll start dating Kate. Be careful & don't get her drunk too much as she blabbers a lot of unwanted stuff. ;)

The rest of the girlfriends, I guess, you meet once you upload your profile over lovemeet.net. So that would include SoboHoe (Carmen Ortiz) & LawChick (Kiki Jenkins). The former is very high octane chick, so better look good & have a swanky ride. Else chances are you'll probably be given the boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom