GTA Heaven

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
Is there any downside to buying Indian Edition of GTA IV, like censorships or some modifications which might make it incompatible with patches and mods released for the normal edition?

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
will it run on my config ?

AMD 3500+
512 MB DDR RAM
8400 GS 256 MB
Segate 500.00 GB HDD 32 mbps Buffer

ANY 16:9 Resoultion
MIMIMUM SETTINGS

Also which PC component should i buy for Good Performance

Kalyan

Journeyman
Should u have an internet connection to play GTA4? It says that an online connection is required to activate. I had Lost planet which came with my gfx card. but, I couldnt use that disk as I dont have an internet connection. Can I play GTA4 without an internet connection?

D

Deleted member 26636

Should u have an internet connection to play GTA4? It says that an online connection is required to activate. I had Lost planet which came with my gfx card. but, I couldnt use that disk as I dont have an internet connection. Can I play GTA4 without an internet connection?

there is an offline activation process..but you will still need to visit the rockstargames/support webpage..when you install the game it will tell you how you can activate offline.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
Should I buy this game. I am reading in various forums and blogs that this game is unable to use graphics card fully and using processor more. I also read that textures are still bad . I want to know if I can play the game as I have a good gfx but budget processor. My config
Vista64
E8500 (3.16GHz)
GTX 280 Shader OCed
2*2GB 800 Mhz Dual channel
Asus P5Q Pro
Creative X-Fi Titanium.
22" Dell - 1680*1050 res

shantanu

Technomancer
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104492

Please use the above thread for ingame Discussions .. the Spoiler and other related posts have already been moved..

Thanks

it was done on the thread starters request...

Go wild with Spoilers in that thread baby :D lol

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
Unbeleivable
I used -norestriction setting and changes my Texture to High (it was restricted to Medium), and rest all settings the same, my game is faster and smoother now :D....i m using original with configuration in my signature

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Unbeleivable
I used -norestriction setting and changes my Texture to High (it was restricted to Medium), and rest all settings the same, my game is faster and smoother now :D....i m using original with configuration in my signature

the game needs quad core for the high resolution & HD 4850 , 4870 , 9800GTX+ , 260GTX , 280 gtx , 4870X2 are the needs for high resolution

As urs config the medium settings are more than enough ,,, but how is smooth ??? like butter ??

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
@damngoodman999
Smooth means without gliches and sudden frame drops....before it was dropping 4-5 times a minute, now it is droppig rarely.......and before wen i looked around 360 degrees suddenly it dropped frames, but now its continuos......the same thing happened with 9600GT wen it was initially released for tests, for many games at lower settings it gave lower performance, but at higher settings(resolution not more that 1280x1024) it bloomed...i have recorded the videos for showing the difference thru GTA in game video recorder, but they are in CLI format, donno how to convert that

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Just a thought, if the PCIe gfx card hasn't got enough RAM to run the game, shouldn't it be possible to run it on onboard gfx? Since onboard will take the RAM from the main system RAM as required. Can this be possible?!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Just a thought, if the PCIe gfx card hasn't got enough RAM to run the game, shouldn't it be possible to run it on onboard gfx? Since onboard will take the RAM from the main system RAM as required. Can this be possible?!
A dedicated VRAM is any day powerful than an onboard one. Technically, onboard shares it's Video memory from the physical memory so it isn't supposed to be it's own. The calculations & processing on a video card is 10 times faster than an onboard. The game will run on an onboard but that won't be a pretty sight. I have personally tried it on my friends 9300 onboard which is supposedly the best onboard video out there & it felt pathetic. With all the settings turned down it still wasn't balanced enough to play the game.

Top Bottom