GTA Heaven

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Don't murder it. You'll be better off with some other game OR wait for Saints Row 2 which hopefully would be optimised. ;)

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Just a thought, if the PCIe gfx card hasn't got enough RAM to run the game, shouldn't it be possible to run it on onboard gfx? Since onboard will take the RAM from the main system RAM as required. Can this be possible?!

The size of the frame buffer is important but its calculation and processing speed, the speed at which the core acceses it is more important. A 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 performs better than 512MB GDDR2 8600GT :).

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
@Ethan and Pschosocial, yep, I understand that, it was more of a what if..;)

@A_G, thanks for that, I should try that fake video RAM thing.

Stupid Automerge!

Ok FWIW, I added that video RAM hack and it did show up the resources in green. But still no deal, goes to the loading screen and sits there endless. Only way to quit is Alt+Tab or the Win key, thereby which is totally quits, not minimizes itself,weird.

Here is a low quality 4.5 min video of it if anybody wants to take a shot at it..
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaRD8NvDCX4

And another even strange thing is while getting into the GFWL account, I already found a username called screwumicrosoft lol, hit that and got in. Who is this user? Anybody got this?

Last edited:

ajaybc

Youngling
Did someone try the "Ultimate GTA performance fix"?
*www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=384473

I dint do the additional speed section thing but did wat he told first and really works.Earlier I had min 25FPS on my 8600GT at low settings which was really playable but the texture popin $hit was unbearable.And doing the Ultimate GTA perf FIX I now really fixed the texture popin problem.The FPS now has dropped by 5-8frames.But still it is really playable and Iam enjoying the game.

Ei8t

Journeyman
@ ethan hunt
hi i m playing the game at 1400*900
texture quality high
renderer quality higher
view distance 40
detail distance 40
vehicle density 50
shadow density 1
with these settings i get around 15 fps on foot and around 40 fps inside bldgs.. i m totally frustrated the way the game is running, :mad:it doesnt lag much but i can feel the lag. cant enjoy the game properly... what tweaks shud i do to get aroung 25 fps... tried everything.....:confused: thanks....
p.s. i've got vista 32 bit sp 1 and the latest patch from R*..

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Get the latest drivers from ATi website if you haven't already and apply this
if that doesn't work.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@ ethan hunt
texture quality high
renderer quality higher
view distance 40
detail distance 40
vehicle density 50
shadow density 1
with these settings i get around 15 fps on foot and around 40 fps inside bldgs.. i m totally frustrated the way the game is running, :mad:it doesnt lag much but i can feel the lag. cant enjoy the game properly... what tweaks shud i do to get aroung 25 fps... tried everything.....:confused: thanks....
I'm using Window XP with SP2. So not sure if Vista is slowing it down a bit. I used to keep View distance to 25, Detail distance to 40, Vehicle density to 19 & Shadow density to 0. I used to gain 22-25 frames on an average. I didn't find any lag at all. Using FRAPS just gave a very bad picture in terms of numerical count. I completed the game without any major hitches.

If you feel there is a very high lag while playing the game then try lowering the View distance & Vehicle distance settings. Keep experimenting until you get good frame rates. Avoid FRAPS as much as you can, it will just build an inferiority complex. ;)

ajaybc

Youngling
@ ethan hunt
texture quality high
renderer quality higher
view distance 40
detail distance 40
vehicle density 50
shadow density 1

Ei8t

Journeyman

tried that tweak but its not working... in the options the settings are all low and it looks very ugly with that settings.. i cant even change the settings.. it seems only the resolution trick works... please reply if anyone could make it working...

btw @ ethan i stopped using fraps and i m less bothered abt the fps and enjoyng it... i m using the settings that u recommended and it runs fine... thanks..:) any new patches coming up from R*???

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
tried that tweak but its not working... in the options the settings are all low and it looks very ugly with that settings.. i cant even change the settings.. it seems only the resolution trick works... please reply if anyone could make it working...

btw @ ethan i stopped using fraps and i m less bothered abt the fps and enjoyng it... i m using the settings that u recommended and it runs fine... thanks..:) any new patches coming up from R*???

OC ur processor to 2.8 or 3

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Good to hear that. I've heard a lot of people just talking only about the performance far more than the actual game itself. If you keep looking at the frame rates more than the game then it's hardly of any use. If it runs normally then just focus on the storyline of the game. You will eventually forget everything else in due time.

Just enjoy the game. As for the new patches, well no new patch has come up since the last one. If you haven't go the earlier one then go through a few earlier pages in this thread. I have posted a link for it.

Top Bottom