GTA Heaven

tkin

Back to school!!
To all GTA gurus out there I need urgent help. The problem is that GTA 4 runs too fast on my PC, I'm not talking about the FPS(Its about 50 with my PC @ 1024x768 ), its the animations, like walking, driving, or anything that moves in the game moves with almost 2x the normal speed, some videos to clarify the problem,
1.*fr.youtube.com/watch?v=qJbm4abcZms
2.*www.dailymotion.com/NIPSEN/video/x7nahc_gta-iv-running-too-fast-speed-x2_videogames,

Its just like the Speed Time UP Cheat in GTA SA, this is happening randomly about 3 out of 4 successive starts, if I have the problem I need to restart the game a couple of times till the problem goes away and the it runs fine for hours, seems this problem occurs at start or not at all, I have played all latest games without any problem, also tried nVidia GTA4 beta drivers without any luck, tried different commandline methods(-novblank and other stuffs), no solution yet.

Any help is appreciated.

ajaybc

Youngling
To all GTA gurus out there I need urgent help. The problem is that GTA 4 runs too fast on my PC, I'm not talking about the FPS(Its about 50 with my PC @ 1024x768 ), its the animations, like walking, driving, or anything that moves in the game moves with almost 2x the normal speed, some videos to clarify the problem,
1.*fr.youtube.com/watch?v=qJbm4abcZms
2.*www.dailymotion.com/NIPSEN/video/x7nahc_gta-iv-running-too-fast-speed-x2_videogames,

Its just like the Speed Time UP Cheat in GTA SA, this is happening randomly about 3 out of 4 successive starts, if I have the problem I need to restart the game a couple of times till the problem goes away and the it runs fine for hours, seems this problem occurs at start or not at all, I have played all latest games without any problem, also tried nVidia GTA4 beta drivers without any luck, tried different commandline methods(-novblank and other stuffs), no solution yet.

Any help is appreciated.

May be ur rig is too good for the game

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
May be ur rig is too good for the game
:)

bought the game and installed it.
me dont like the process involved in it all.
man then i try to run the damn game. well first time around nothing happen..
and after the third time it works..and the damn social club screen came up after i agree..yeah i click agree..then i cant sign in to it..so i click play..then it says it tell me i m not connected to the internet...
havent even started playing and already fed up of all these connections.this and that..
i hope i havent missed any settings indicating my intention to play a single player campaign and not connect to the internet..

DON'T BUY, just beg, borrow or steal it.

it would be great if we can strip it off all the useless baggage that came along with the game..i have windows as my OS and i dont want the game to have anything to do with windows again like windows live..they are the living dead..

another time

anispace

dattebayo
yippie finally bought the game for rs 425 only.(Wish all games came this cheap:() Was scared coz i thought it wouldnt run on my crappy single core rig but to my surprise its running fine. Have to play at 1024 but heck who cares, its gta. Only problem seems to be exiting the game. Since i applied the patch it doesnt exit properly. Have to use Cntrl+alt+del to force it.

tkin

Back to school!!
Update to the latest patch for the game. That should fix this bug.
The patch fixed it(thank god and you too):p:p

Its running good @ 42FPS @ 1024x768 all maxed with commandline, also the patch fixed the bowling issue, only problem it has that if I run a benchmark in the middle of a game and return to game the sound goes away(may be the patch).

Thanks a lot Ethan_Hunt, appreciate the quick response.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
bought the game and installed it.
me dont like the process involved in it all.
man then i try to run the damn game. well first time around nothing happen..
and after the third time it works..and the damn social club screen came up after i agree..yeah i click agree..then i cant sign in to it..so i click play..then it says it tell me i m not connected to the internet...
havent even started playing and already fed up of all these connections.this and that..
i hope i havent missed any settings indicating my intention to play a single player campaign and not connect to the internet..
My advice, Don't sign into RGSC. Just click on skip log in when the screen appears & keep the internet disconnected whilst doing that.

DON'T BUY, just beg, borrow or steal it.
Ouch. That's a bit harsh. You might want to reconsider that after playing the game properly. ;)

tkin said:
The patch fixed it(thank god and you too)

Its running good @ 42FPS @ 1024x768 all maxed with commandline, also the patch fixed the bowling issue, only problem it has that if I run a benchmark in the middle of a game and return to game the sound goes away(may be the patch).

Thanks a lot Ethan_Hunt, appreciate the quick response.
Great going. Now start playing the game & remember the discussion thread for GTA IV is just below this thread. Fire away with your spoilers in there. :D

D

Deleted member 26636

i got a revoke code when i uninstalled gta iv. what is it for? if i wish to reinstall the game, do i have to activate it again?:confused:

D

Deleted member 26636

Only if you change any major hardware I suppose or install it on a new computer altogether.

now this is very disappointing.i reinstalled the game today...& i had to perform the online release date check....again. WTF??...i haven't changed any hardware.its the same pc.maybe there is something to do with the revoke code.??activating the game everytime i install it is a pain.

pc_game_lover2004

~Beating Toughest Games~
God !!! where the hell are you guys buying the game for rs.425 original...i mean here in Bathinda i'm getting it pirated in 4 DVDs and that too Rs.500...bloody hell :mad:

D

Deleted member 26636

God !!! where the hell are you guys buying the game for rs.425 original...i mean here in Bathinda i'm getting it pirated in 4 DVDs and that too Rs.500...bloody hell :mad:

i bought the original game from alfa market at andheri-w, mumbai for rs425/-. too bad it doesnot provide shipping facilities.:(

Top Bottom