GT5 screens selected as the best in-game scene in gaming history so far....

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
avinash.gamerboy
^ isnt a demo available on PSN ? they once showed it on Gamer TV.the game looks the same.thats the reason i'm buying PS3 :D
no demo on PSN...if u r on PSN..PM ur tag..

ya i agree but ps3 much more powerful than xbox.. and given a few months more.. ps3 game dev will harvest full power of cell and will take it to next level .. more than wht we see in GT5
this is starting of PS3 revolution...

cars cant get any better than this .. except some little detail in PAINT like feel will make it a perfect cat.. but as of now ... if this is real a ingame Screen shot.. then i am buying this game...

me too...but MGS4..is in top of my wish list...and GT5 in 2nd..

Last edited:

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Are u kidding ????
Man, These are AWESOME Graphics............................
Seems like i have to get a PS3 now :evil:
I think they are just photographed...cant believe.......no cant be.....
This will surely KILL CRYSIS if it is released on PC

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Screenies look great but i am not convinced that they're taken in-game . Sony has always had this history of overstating the quality(and performance) of it's products .

Also , if you look in the second pic , the wheels aren't spinning and the camera angle just isn't anything near a real screenshot . I'd go with pics from a more reliable source like Gamespot or IGN .

I still am not convinced and until a reliable site such as Gamespot or IGN reviews the game(which is yet to release in the US) and provides actual in-game screenshots i'm not buying it .

Similarly when the PS2 was launched there was the great hype that it was a supercomputer in a console and Sony even sold a Linux kit for the PS2 . We all now know how many people run Linux on their PS2 or do scientific calculations on it !

*www.g4tv.com/screensavers/features/44404/PS2_Supercomputer.html

Grid for Xbox 360 Pictures:

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3058/2318687236_6983b71cd9_o.jpg

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3192/2318718366_9a6cbc62f3_o.jpg

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2063/2317911135_b58c2c4318_o.jpg

Please , and i wouldn't buy a game just for the Graphics coz in the end gameplay and how much content(and the quality) a game packages matters .

Just look at the mess Need For Street: Pro Street is ! Superb graphics but game play so shallow you just wanna turn it off .

Last edited:

faraaz

Evil Genius
As mentioned earlier in this thread...DIE XBOX 360 DIE!! :D

PS3 is waaaay ahead of its time...no one has been able to take full use of its horsepower yet. Xbox 360 is already reaching its limits...

Haha...what with the demise of HD - DVD recently...things are looking good for Sony! :D

@Zeeshan: YOur screenshots are inferior to the PS3 ones. Also, the last clear shot is of an in-game cutscene or trailer, not of actual gameplay. Sorry mate, PS3 still pwns Xbox! :D

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
GT5 will most probably support that "PSP as side view mirror" (like F1 2007).
a treat for PS3 & PSP owners:))

but jus 6 tracks
Suzuka Circuit
Eiger Nordwand
Fuji Speedway
London City Track
Daytona International Speedway
High Speed Ring

where's Nordschleife?
:))

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
Xbox360: Choose your next Games carefully, PS3. They may be your worst games in graphics.
PS3: [to himself: thinking] "Graphics and Sound"?
[PS3 unsheathes and points his sword at the Messenger's throat]
Xbox360: Madman! You're a madman!
PS3: Graphics and Sound? You'll find plenty of both in me.
Xbox360: No man, Wii or Gamecube, no man has greater graphics than me!
PS3: You are made by microsoft.
Xbox360: This is blasphemy! This is madness!
PS3: Madness...?
THIS...IS...SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
[Kicks the Xbox360 down the well]

soumya

In the zone
i don't wanna get into a fight here, but it's proven and tested that the xbox 360 has a far superior graphics card than the ps3. Xenon is powerful than RSX. Graphics comparison in Gamespot has proven that and even CNET has ruled in favour of the 360. Yeah, I am a 360 owner and a proud one at that. Halo 3, Gears of War, Mass Effect, BioShock and the upcoming Gears of War 2, beats the hell out of PS3 library. MGS 4 and GT5 is not enough! :)

Here is a quote:

Graphics: The XBOX 360 is a clear winner. The GPU is more powerful. It has more powerful fillrate, and far more pixel and vertex processing horsepower. Part of the reason is their choice of memory, and architecture of pixel and vertex procesing. I can’t get into details but the same vertex shader will run much slower on the PS3 than the XBOX 360. The 360 also has a clever new way rendering high definition anti aliased back buffers. To accomplish the same effect on PS3 is prohibitively expensive. For this reason I think many games will have no choice but to run in non-HD resolutions on the PS3 version, use a lower quality anti aliasing technique, or do back buffer upscaling. The end result in all cases is going to be noticeably worse image quality.

*www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-348-1.htm

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
how many times does one has to tell that Sony hasnt given the developers the right tools (as they're still devolipng) to unleash the full potential of of PS3.

are you xbox boys offended by the GT5's gfx.? :?

then why say xbox has BIG game lib.:|, its a fact that everyone knows, so stop talking about it already.

anyways at the end of the day, PC PWNS the consoles:p

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Guys, isnot PS3 a 6 core cell proc???
We already have 8 core procs and the GFX card with the multi GPU support already used by people, technically, the PC beats the PS3. If the games use them properly, shouldnt the visuals be better than PS3?

faraaz

Evil Genius
I play Baldurs Gate, Guild Wars & Oblivion on my lappie..and my lappie is more portable than a PS3, so yes...my lappie pwns all consoles. :p

Similarly when the PS2 was launched there was the great hype that it was a supercomputer in a console and Sony even sold a Linux kit for the PS2 . We all now know how many people run Linux on their PS2 or do scientific calculations on it !
dude, the PS2 was waaaaaaaay ahed of its time.
when it came, it was indeed a super computer.

amitava82

MMO Addict
I was reading in some news about MGS4 that its running out of space on a Blue Ray disk... o.o
Developers are having hard time to figure out what to remove in order to fit in a BR Disk..

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
OMG !! this thread is pouring fanboyism, haha . Although no doubt GT5 looks awesome, an i am sure it will live up to the true simulation racer's expectation . I have seen some vids , they look cool

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Mind blowing. Simply mind blowing. Only a XBOX 360 owner/fanboy can find faults with it. :D

GT series have been known to sport some of the best graphics ever seen on any platform. I have the GT4 for my PS2 and you wouldn't believe the graphics it produces. Its just seems impossible that the PS2 is capable of such graphics. It just makes me curse other game developers as why they couldn't make full use of the PS2 hardware the way SCEA does. The older GT4 has several times better graphics than the newer NFS Carbon and Pro Street.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom