Graphics Cards related queries here.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

In Kolkata ,which shop is best to buy a reliable and reasonably priced Graphics Card?

There is no single best shop. You have to go through several shops to get a fair deal.

BTW which gfx card you are going to buy ?

tkin

Back to school!!

In Kolkata ,which shop is best to buy a reliable and reasonably priced Graphics Card?
Vedant Computer Sales PVT. LTD
26, G.C Avenue
Kolkata-700 013

Got me an EVGA 9800GTX+ SC after 2 weeks of its american release @ 12.9k+Tax, cheap.

sephiroth

Right off the assembly line

er.. if the graphics card does not receive enough juice from the psu, does frame rate degrades while gaming??
:confused:

ashray99923

Broken In

i have local company psu(Xtech....i hope u have heard the name of it) of 450watts comes with cabinet only....will that sufficient for hd4850??.....also if not then will that sufficient for hd4830??..........also if i want to buy new psu of 450watts what is minimum price?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

No. That's not suffiient. Get Corsair 450W Power Supply (VX450W) for about Rs. 3800.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

i have local company psu(Xtech....i hope u have heard the name of it) of 450watts comes with cabinet only....will that sufficient for hd4850??.....also if not then will that sufficient for hd4830??..........also if i want to buy new psu of 450watts what is minimum price?

lolz not at all. Get either the Corsair VX450W or CM EP500W

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

Well, for HD4830, CM500EX @ 2.5k
For HD4850 , Corsair VX450W @ 3.9k(yup, price has increased)

tkin

Back to school!!

er.. if the graphics card does not receive enough juice from the psu, does frame rate degrades while gaming??
:confused:
No, then your PC will crash, or automatically restart in less severe cases. This will eventually lead to component failures starting with HDD and then the GFx Card after some time.

redmanc

Broken In

Can Anyone tell me where I can get ATi 8.10 drivers ? They are not on the site.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

Yup it should be. If you're buying a new PSU, then buy a Corsair HX620.

CM 600 watts is enough , for the 4870 sonic ,HX 620 is great i wont deny but if u add one more 4870 sonic means u can go for Corsair HX 620

Can Anyone tell me where I can get ATi 8.10 drivers ? They are not on the site.

www.techpowerup.com

Last edited:

ajai5777

Youngling

Help me to buy a graphic card.........
My pc's configuration
Intel p4 HT 3ghz
Intel d101ggc
ddr1ram 1gb*2=2gb
hdd 80gb want to upgrade to 240 by adding a 160
xfx nvidia 7200 gs..........
here i got all thing wrong it was only a low end 256 card someone cheated me that it will share 256 of ur ram and will act as a 512 card i had little knowledge abt graphic cards at that time (now i know turbocache is waste and it is no more good at all)
So plz help me...
I need to play latest games at least at 1024*768 resolution so which card should i buy and my budgest is less than 4000rs

tanmoy_Siliguri

In The Gaming Heaven

Help me to buy a graphic card.........
My pc's configuration
Intel p4 HT 3ghz
Intel d101ggc
ddr1ram 1gb*2=2gb
hdd 80gb want to upgrade to 240 by adding a 160
xfx nvidia 7200 gs..........
here i got all thing wrong it was only a low end 256 card someone cheated me that it will share 256 of ur ram and will act as a 512 card i had little knowledge abt graphic cards at that time (now i know turbocache is waste and it is no more good at all)
So plz help me...
I need to play latest games at least at 1024*768 resolution so which card should i buy and my budgest is less than 4000rs

Friend,when I bought my first card I also was a victim of the same problem of cheating..as ur budget is bellow 4000,my suggestion is to take at least XFX 8600GT 256MB DDR3(3800/-)..or if u like ati then u can take MSI-HD4350 512MB DDR3(3350/-)..these all cards r bellow 4000/- & perform pretty well at 1024*768 resolution..& bellow these,it will be just a worthless buying..........
www.theitwares.com

Last edited:

ajai5777

Youngling

sorry i have no great knowledge abt latest cards...i dont know the difference between gs,gt,gtx etc...also dont know abt ddr2 ddr3 cards...
i am having doubts abt 8600gt 256 mb ddr3
will it support my board...? (intel d101ggc) dont know whether pci e is 1.1 or 2.0...
also any conflicts with my ram...? bcos it is ddr 1
can i play games which requires 512 mb graphic memory(as it is 256)....?

tanmoy_Siliguri

In The Gaming Heaven

see if compare 512MB DDR2 vs 256MB DDR3....obviously DDR3 is the best..quantity is not the factor..the factor is abt in how speed it can works....so u should go for DDR3 bandwidth rather than DDR2...8600GT is one year old chipset from NVIDIA still rocking & HD4350 is very latest chipset from ATI hope will rock as entry level..both r DDR3 bandwidth...go for these link...read reviews........
*www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3444&p=2
*www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2975

I personally think MSIHD4350 would be better as it is latest..also have 512mb ddr3..price is just 3350/-
u dont need to think abt gtx or gt....it is above that........
And be cool ur intel d101ggc will definitely support it...PCI Express 2.0 is completely backward compatible with v1.0 & 1.1...& ur ddr ram will also cause no problem..
u can play all latest games in 1024*768 in medium setting..

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

Get the ASUS 8600GT 256MB DDR3 for around 3.5k..Best one in 86GT...
In ATi side, get what tanmoy_Siliguri suggested....

ajai5777

Youngling

my main doubt is that most new games reqiure 512 mb graphic memory.If i buy 8600 GT 256 ddr3 can i play those 512mb reqd games?

Top Bottom