Graphics Cards related queries here.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Hi Rajkumar :) thank you..

hey guys - but as i told earlier am taking it to the guy who sold me this and in case he cant solve the issue he promised to replace the same :)

hey guys - but as i told earlier am taking it to the guy who sold me this and in case he cant solve the issue he promised to replace the same :)

Just an update for the Palit HD4850.. we tried out Antec PSU instead of my Coolermaster and it worked fine... then again when i restarted the PC it had the same issue.. :confused:
RC Automation, chennai promised to replace the card in 2 days (ie. tomorrow). I hope it works fine...:( its really frustrating to buy a new system for 57K and sit without even able to use it :mad:

Btw, wat ya guys think abt the config? is this a good one?
C2D 8400
MSI P45 Neo Mobo
Corsair 2 * 2 GB RAM 800 Mhz
HD4850 Sonic Graphic card
Coolermaster EP 500 W PSU
Coolermaster Elite cabinet
Samsung 22" monitor[/quote]

are u insane palit hd4850 sonic needs more than 500 watts power , its 3 phase power system uses more power than normal hd4850 , sonic is 8 pin power supply so go for corsair hx620 //

@arun thulasidharan:If PSU has high efficiency 500W is enough.Stupid question but have you connected the 8-pin connector to the card.
I have read on the net that Palit is having some issues with their SONIC edition GFX cards something to do with driver and something.

You could put an E7200 and do something like them.
*www.tomshardware.com/reviews/overclocking-core-2-E7200,2072.html

Last edited:

sephiroth

Right off the assembly line

I have a c2d 8400, 4gb ram, a zotac 9600 gt amp edition 512 mb gc n a zebronics 600 watts power supply.
thing is whenever i play games like dmc4, crysis warhead n nfs prostreet
my pc automatically shutdowns.
i tried using an xfx 9600gt 512 mb gc, bt i m having the same problem.
pl help!!:-(:-(:-(

Vaibhav Bishnoi

Broken In

Revolution 700 Deluxe

*www.palit.biz/product/vga/picture/p01029-pic2.jpg

Palit Revolution 700 Deluxe with dual GPUs features a pre-overclocked core and memory speed, and 2GB of GDDR5 memory. 2.4 teraFLOPS of graphics horsepower and 1,600 stream processors have been combined to make Palit Revolution 700 Deluxe the most powerful graphics weapon ..........

I totally wanna wanna thisssssss..........................

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

Well okay u may want this.

But it's queries section in case u havn't read the title

ToxinX

Right off the assembly line

Hey guys I'd appreciate some help here.
I have just come into posession of a Sapphire HD 4850 512MB; its the version with the dual slot heat sink.

Now my rig is/was a standard Lenovo 3000 H100 series. It had 512 MB RAM and a 450W SMPS. I had asked to not play with the OEM PSU as they suck big time but apparently the smartass decided to install it without adding additional RAM or using a good PSU. My dad tried it out in his office but it worked there; but when i plugged it in at home; the system just won't start up.

He took it there again and apparently the system works without the GPU. He tried the GPU on in another computer and then that stopped booting.

BUT it did work that one first time when it was first plugged in.

The assemblers here have hardly ever seen a dx 10 card; let alone install one. The fact that he was all gung-ho over installing it without enough memory and on an OEM PSU shows that he probably handled a 6xxx last.

NOW, what i need to know is:

Q1. Should I go for a cooler master extreme power 500W PSU? Will that help fix the issue?

Q2. Did something damage my GPU? (Please say no!)

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz

It's obvious here that the PC isn't booting due to the additional power required by the gfx card. There's no damage to the gfx card IMO. And yes, better change the PSU. The one you've suggested is a good buy.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

I have just come into posession of a Sapphire HD 4850 512MB; its the version with the dual slot heat sink.

Now my rig is/was a standard Lenovo 3000 H100 series. It had 512 MB RAM and a 450W SMPS. I had asked to not play with the OEM PSU as they suck big time but apparently the smartass decided to install it without adding additional RAM or using a good PSU. My dad tried it out in his office but it worked there; but when i plugged it in at home; the system just won't start up.

He took it there again and apparently the system works without the GPU. He tried the GPU on in another computer and then that stopped booting.

The assemblers here have hardly ever seen a dx 10 card; let alone install one. The fact that he was all gung-ho over installing it without enough memory and on an OEM PSU shows that he probably handled a 6xxx last.

Q1. Should I go for a cooler master extreme power 500W PSU? Will that help fix the issue?

AFAIK, your GPU is not damaged. But I can be wrong. I suggest you go for a Cosair VX450W PSU (it delivers upto 520W of power) and 2GB of RAM because 512MB of RAM will be a serious bottleneck for a HD4850.

@sephiroth:
I have a c2d 8400, 4gb ram, a zotac 9600 gt amp edition 512 mb gc n a zebronics 600 watts power supply.
thing is whenever i play games like dmc4, crysis warhead n nfs prostreet
my pc automatically shutdowns.
i tried using an xfx 9600gt 512 mb gc, bt i m having the same problem.
pl help!!
Dude you got a nice rig there and I too think you would be better off with a better PSU but you might want to check in on your temps for processor mainly but might as well for graphics card.
@ToxinX:Assumingfrom above post you have system 512MB RAM ,you need 1GB min system ram to run the card as per the recommendation of ATi/AMD on their site.
Use temp monitoring utility like core temp and gpu-z for cpu and gpu resp.Use intel test burn to stress cpu and check temps to find whether proc is shutting down to prevent damage.
Also if your card has internal power connector is it properly attached.If all things check out then you have gotta buy a new PSU.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

yes i have sapphire 4850 dual slot cooler

1Ans-go for corsair VX450 don't look the watt on cooler master PSU
2Ans-No

@sephiroth: bro change ur PSU man ur problem will be solved 100%

Last edited:

cooldude1

Broken In

I sell

Palit 4850 - 9200/-

Palit 4670 - 5775/-

Palit 4830 - 8150/-

You can't get a 4850(Palit) below 9.5k anywhere in India, 4670 still around 6k. I just checked them(in Kolkata).

^^ +100 @ Nightmare - It'll even beat CoolerMaster Extreme Power 650W anytime

M selling the same for 34900/- lemme know if u want it

Revolution 700 Deluxe

Palit Revolution 700 Deluxe with dual GPUs features a pre-overclocked core and memory speed, and 2GB of GDDR5 memory. 2.4 teraFLOPS of graphics horsepower and 1,600 stream processors have been combined to make Palit Revolution 700 Deluxe the most powerful graphics weapon ..........

Last edited:

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

^^ i never purchased any item from ur site theitwares but i prefer every one to check ur site bcoz the price r reasonable and low from other vendors and sites + u also give advised for which brand to buy or not some times the warranty issues irritate the customer so its not ur fault u just selling the goods on minimum margin.

pramod_kk

Broken In

In Kolkata ,which shop is best to buy a reliable and reasonably priced Graphics Card?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Revolution 700 Deluxe

Is this available in India...how much..?

Top Bottom