Graphics Cards related queries here.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Well, 8800GT ruled in it's golden era, a few months ago.

Forget that, courtesy HD4850

tanvir

Right off the assembly line

hi guys !
i brought Far Cry2 this weekend....when the game starts there is a popup window saying "Your video card drivers are too old. Please update them".
i have checked the nvidia website and had even googled it but couldn't find anything.......i have NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS.
please help me......

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

hi guys !
i brought Far Cry2 this weekend....when the game starts there is a popup window saying "Your video card drivers are too old. Please update them".
i have checked the nvidia website and had even googled it but couldn't find anything.......i have NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS.
please help me......

I dunno if Mobile and Desktop grafix are different but still, here's a link to the latest :-

*www.gamershell.com/news_63134.html

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

^^ Get 178.24 version of nvidia drivers. That should fix the problem.
for vista: *www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_178.24_whql.html

size: 85MB

iyuvabharat

Broken In

i have a intel DG965RY with psu 25amps and 12v of 450 watts (standard atx)
my budget is 6000 rupees not including psu , i have dual core processor with 2gb ram
and iam strict about my budget not an inch more, iam tight here

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

my budget is 6000 rupees not including psu , i have dual core processor with 2gb ram

Palit HD4670

And ya, you MIGHT need a new PSU. Look at CoolerMaster EP 500W for that.

Last edited:

tanvir

hey boss.........i tried downloading the file from gamershell.com but that didn't work
an error popped-up...it says"The NVIDIA setup program couldn't locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit"
what do i do now????

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

hey boss.........i tried downloading the file from gamershell.com but that didn't work
an error popped-up...it says"The NVIDIA setup program couldn't locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit"
what do i do now????

That means Lappy drivers are diferent than Desktops. Download the link that desiibond gave. His solutions always work !!

tanvir

earlier i have tried the desibond link but that one's not for laptop....if u go n check on products supported then u won't get 8400'M' GS and when i try installing that it gives me the same error

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack

^^^^
did you try searching in the laptop brand website ?

which is your brand ? Dell ? HP?

_

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

Found this for dell : *www.drivershq.com/Drivers/VistaDevices/DELL-Video-nVidia-GeForce-8400M-DRIVER/7806/Drivers.aspx

and this for HP: *www.drivershq.com/Drivers/VistaDev...400M-8600M-GS-Video-Driver/15109/Drivers.aspx

tanmoy_Siliguri

In The Gaming Heaven

I also have Intel DG965RY,Pentium-D(2.8Ghz),2GB 667Mhz...& just 3 days ago i replaced my old Asus-7300LE card with a Pailt-HD4670 card...& I am very very much happy with its performance.....i also suggest u to take this card...very good performance in Far Cry-2,Crysis etc..also normally its core temp is 35C when Playing just 50C....very cool budget gaming card...

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!

can any1 tell me the fps of 4670 @ 1440*900 in far cry2 nd warhead
Haven't played Far Cry 2 but from the reviews I can say it should run well.

Warhead should give you some REAL trouble, just finished playing it twice. Try running everything at Medium or some settings @ gamer and some @ medium with AA off.

And I remind you that Warhead has some real issues with ATI cards, seems they do horrible in this game. The game itself is buggy, in some parts of the Ice levels there was slow down with my config even @ 1024x768, which was caused by memory leaks, if you see any sudden excessive slow downs just save and restart the game to get rid of memory leaks.

You need to keep tweaking the settings to get good FPS, and expect about 20-40% less FPS in ICE levels than in jungle levels.

Top Bottom