Graphics Cards related queries here.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

I don't understand why u guys r ready to suggest HD4850 to everybody but not forewarn them about its heating issues? Wanna give good suggestion then please also do tell them about the temperatures of the HD4850.

The PALIT HD4850 is quite cool. 60 C on load compared to around 85 C on other cards.
And don't forget we also recommend CM690 cabinets to anyone with a gaming PC. :)

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot

I've both, as u can see from my siggy but still increasing Fan Speed is no permanent cure for higher temp. Moreover it makes the default silent system into a noisy windmill. One expects to get the proper product while spending top buck for it. AFA BIOS flashing is concerned, most of the people just refrain from it after just reading about involved risks like bricked card etc.
AFA Palit cards are concerned, they are generally either out of or short in stock mainly 'cause of their high Price-Performance ratios so one can't always get what he/she wants. I too wanted a Palit one but had to settle for a MSI one.

My 8800GTS 512 G92 runs at 81C on load.Is that OK?
CPU-55-56C,Mobo-48-52C.I know this is a GPU thread only but please help me on this one.
As for the GPU upgrade,I just wanted to change to get rid of the the heating issues but as Plasma snake mentioned 4850 also runs very hot, I better wait for something better and cooler.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

My 8800GTS 512 G92 runs at 81C on load.Is that OK?
CPU-55-56C,Mobo-48-52C.I know this is a GPU thread only but please help me on this one.
As for the GPU upgrade,I just wanted to change to get rid of the the heating issues but as Plasma snake mentioned 4850 also runs very hot, I better wait for something better and cooler.

Everything is fine.... The 8800GTS cards will run so hot so no need to worry abt that....

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

XFX is generally readily available ......... dunno about the 9800GTX+ variant.... if its not, then sorry :(.

imgame2

Padawan

XFX is generally readily available ......... dunno about the 9800GTX+ variant.... if its not, then sorry :(.

no need to be sorry man ...i simply asked if its available ..?? and i know xfx is perhaps the most common brand available ....but i haven't seen any 9800gtx+ model yet from xfx .... but why u need to be sorry for that?? :confused:...that guy asked which is better ..and u replied him aptly ....it was on my personal curiosity to know if its available ...never intended to prove u or anyone wrong ...it just makes easier for me to draw conclusion if we know its availability and price in india...

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

^^Ok then, sorry for being sorry :D.....lol, jokes apart.....I also dont seem to find any on online stores :|.

EVGA seems better than XFX here.

imgame2

Padawan

yes and EVGA has a superclocked flavour too ....and EVGA superclocked are great cards ...

nvidia

-----ATi-----

Don't buy XFX guys... Their customer support sucks.. They take eons to replace your card if anything is wrong.

AYmn

Broken In

i have a geforce 8500gt 512mb ddr2 gfx crad.My problem is tat i see white lines when i start ma pc and when i start windows xp is getting stuck i tried with ma secondary gfx card it have no problem and it's working well. i wanna know the actual probelem and how to solve it?

imgame2

Padawan

i have a geforce 8500gt 512mb ddr2 gfx crad.My problem is tat i see white lines when i start ma pc and when i start windows xp is getting stuck i tried with ma secondary gfx card it have no problem and it's working well. i wanna know the actual probelem and how to solve it?

dude as said before its the problem of gfx card get it replaced ...

Top Bottom