Graphics Cards related queries here.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Regarding >1 GPU via SLI or xFire. There is a lot to say. It in a way depends on the game lobby. Crysis has the hots for nVidia so SLI scales well with Crysis, and xFire is not as good.

It is difficult to get a card in todays day..that will be an overall winner. nVidia scales well with most games, but is expensive. ATI is better VFM, but does not scale too well with some games. (Drivers not updated frequently enough)..there is a whole section on 3d guru forums..(sorry dont kill me for promoting another forum) dedicated solely to ATI/nVidia drivers, and games like Crysis/Warhead. Most people complain about xFire not scaling well with Crytek stuff..!

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

HD 4870 1Gb is AMD's fastest single GPU solution.
GTX 280 is the fastest single GPU solution in all.

The 4850X2 dual GPU, 2 PCBs in one) beats the GTX 280, and shud be for a price tag of the GTX 260 Core 216 (Core 216 is new, but the 4870 1Gb beats it)

Then is the Ultimate 4870X2(wich gets severely bottlenecked by even an OCed QX9770, so maybe Deneb and iCore7 will sove tht problem).

anuragdws

Broken In

Hi asingh. U seem to have the same mobo as mine i.e. d101 ggc with 2gb ddr1 ram and 3.07 ghz single core processor. Could u please advice me which graphic card i should get in order to play games like COD4, Crysis, Command & conquer 3 kanes wrath etc. etc. Thanks in advance.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

Hi asingh. U seem to have the same mobo as mine i.e. d101 ggc with 2gb ddr1 ram and 3.07 ghz single core processor. Could u please advice me which graphic card i should get in order to play games like COD4, Crysis, Command & conquer 3 kanes wrath etc. etc. Thanks in advance.
Get atleast a 256MB DDR3 8600GT from ASUS in order to play those games u mentioned at med settings..
A 256MB DDR3 8600GT from ASUS costs about 3k to 3.3k....
And the best bet is, A HD4670 for around 5k.... Will release before Deepavali...(Hope so)

anuragdws

Broken In

Thanks a lot rajkumar_pb. One more querry. My psu is 350w. Is this enough for both the cards mentioned above. Thanks once again.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

Thanks a lot rajkumar_pb. One more querry. My psu is 350w. Is this enough for both the cards mentioned above. Thanks once again.

Nope... You've to get atleast a 400W Branded PSU or a Zebronics 450W SATA PLUS(Just 600bucks)... That'll be better for those things i mentioned..:D

Or get a PowerSafe 500W Silver for 1.7k
CoolerMaster 460W - 2.2k

tkin

Back to school!!

HD 4870 1Gb is AMD's fastest single GPU solution.
GTX 280 is the fastest single GPU solution in all.

The 4850X2 dual GPU, 2 PCBs in one) beats the GTX 280, and shud be for a price tag of the GTX 260 Core 216 (Core 216 is new, but the 4870 1Gb beats it)

Then is the Ultimate 4870X2(wich gets severely bottlenecked by even an OCed QX9770, so maybe Deneb and iCore7 will sove tht problem).
HD 4870x2 will not be bottlenecked by QX9770, that's an awsome processor dude, overclock it to unleash the beast(Or wait for Nehalem):)

What the HD4870x2 need is a good Mobo and DDR3 RAM.

Or you can get the Skulltrail system;)

Any news on next set of GPUs from ATI/nVidia? Things are moving slowly again:D

what are the difference in performance to expected between 8400gs and 8600gt
Huge difference, like heaven and hell man;)

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

crysis warhead is not upcoming..... its released i m playing it ..... and people in our forum have finished it

thats a really nice link ...thanks for sharing it with us

Thanks pal.

Revolution

Wise Old Owl

Search around different shops in Chandni, many shop will give you a lower price than Tirupati,

Here's some shops,

Vedant Infosys
26,GC Avenue
Kol - 700 013

Arihant Mercantiles
1,Chandni Chowk Street
Opp State Transport Building
Kol - 700 072

M.D Computers
16/1 GC Avenue
Kol - 700 013

Don't forget to bergain;)

@tkin
Thanks.....
I will try.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

As suggested above go for the 8600GT DDR3. Good card to compliment your current system. Follow the recommendations for the PSU.

Though on a 2nd thought..would not a 8800GT be better..or would his processor bottle-neck it..???

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

HD 4870x2 will not be bottlenecked by QX9770, that's an awsome processor dude, overclock it to unleash the beast(Or wait for Nehalem):)

What the HD4870x2 need is a good Mobo and DDR3 RAM.

Or you can get the Skulltrail system;)

Any news on next set of GPUs from ATI/nVidia? Things are moving slowly again:D

Huge difference, like heaven and hell man;)

Dude no current gen. procc can handle 4870X2, havn't you noticed, when an E7200 is also Overclocked to 5Ghz(and current games, only utilize 2 core properly), then there's like a 50% increase in the frames compared to even 3.5Ghz speed. So, no procc is strong enough.

And Nehalem is just 10% faster in the games than the QX9770 I've made a new thread check soon..

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

As suggested above go for the 8600GT DDR3. Good card to compliment your current system. Follow the recommendations for the PSU.

Though on a 2nd thought..would not a 8800GT be better..or would his processor bottle-neck it..???
Sure it would be a bottleneck for that card.. A Dual Core is the min req for that card..

tkin

Back to school!!

Dude no current gen. procc can handle 4870X2, havn't you noticed, when an E7200 is also Overclocked to 5Ghz(and current games, only utilize 2 core properly), then there's like a 50% increase in the frames compared to even 3.5Ghz speed. So, no procc is strong enough.

And Nehalem is just 10% faster in the games than the QX9770 I've made a new thread check soon..
E7200 to 5GHz, dude you've completely lost it:shock::shock:
E7200 Max at 3.8 GHz:)

E7200 sucks when compared to the QX9xxx ones:mad:
12MB L2 cache sure gives, also 1600MHz FSB(Forgot the quad core):D

Also in one famous review(may be Anandtech) the processors were compared and was found that after a certain Clock speed all processors perform nearly identical in games, so as long you have a proccy(Dual Core least) of 2.66GHz speed or higher no card can bottleneck it:cool:

In nVidia's case however, the PhysX/CUDA tries to offload as much calculation as it can to the GPU so whan developed properly(2009-10) the Proccy bottleneck issue should disappear completely, and we can see a lot of powerful GPUs out there:rolleyes:

ATI has some CGPU stuff but the progress isn't so good on it:confused:

Then again Intel has the Larabee(and HAVOC), so we're heading into an age of combine CPU and GPU architecture, probably by 2012 graphics card and processors should cease to exist individually:D:D

static_x

In the zone

I'm planning to buy a graphics card. Could you please suggest me which one to buy? My budget is 4-6K. Right now i'm thinking of nvidia 8600 GT 512 mb. Am using PIV 3.06 Ghz 2gb RAM, 1 TB HDD.
Thanks.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

I'm planning to buy a graphics card. Could you please suggest me which one to buy? My budget is 4-6K. Right now i'm thinking of nvidia 8600 GT 512 mb. Am using PIV 3.06 Ghz 2gb RAM, 1 TB HDD.
Thanks.

You the big storage guy...rite...
IMHO : Go for HD4670 if it is released..:D
Otherwise : ASUS EN8600GT 256MB DDR3(around 3.7k)
ASUS NX8600GT 256MB DDR3 (around 4k)
EVGA 8600GTS 512MB DDR3 (around 5k)....
My Pick : XpertVision 9600GT - 5.5k....This one is a good deal for the price tag and perform better than the above things..

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

Thanks.

+1 with rajkumar_pb

Top Bottom