Graphics Cards related queries here.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

found it, here it is.

The 4 gpu limitation is only from the driver side. Wonder if ati releases support for 8 gpus in new drivers. It is very much feasible though as is evident from that interview :D

I heard that ASUS will be launching a X58 based mobo with 8 PCI-e x16 slots........ imagine the power of 8x HD4870x2 :twisted: .......it would run 3 Crysis parallely @Ultra High settings without any hiccups :D....lol

forever

filth is me

I heard that ASUS will be launching a X58 based mobo with 8 PCI-e x16 slots........ imagine the power of 8x HD4870x2 :twisted: .......it would run 3 Crysis parallely @Ultra High settings without any hiccups :D....lol

lol by the time that board hits the shelves i guess well have 40 nm ati cards, 4870x2 may very well be dethroned in well under a year :D

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

lol by the time that board hits the shelves i guess well have 40 nm ati cards, 4870x2 may very well be dethroned in well under a year :D

yus, you seem to be right ..... the pace at which grafix cards are advancing is just amazing....... there is a new big performer every 4 months now :D... I guess NVIDIA will be planning to launch a GTX280x2 .........:D:D

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!

By the time it is released ... A better counterpart to Crysis would have arrived. :D

tanmoy_Siliguri

In The Gaming Heaven

We all know that pci express v2.0 cards are backward compatible.Is it real?
A higher version card works on a lower version motherboard without any sort of problem?

forever

filth is me

We all know that pci express v2.0 cards are backward compatible.Is it real?
A higher version card works on a lower version motherboard without any sort of problem?

Aye sir, it surely will. I myself am running a card that supports pci-x 2.0 on a board with pci-x 1.1 slot only :p

tanmoy_Siliguri

In The Gaming Heaven

ok.thanks for the confermation.Actually I have a intel G965 motherboard.I am going to change my 7300le card & willing to take a ATI Radeon HD4670-512MB DDR3 card after launching in India,thats why.I have another question,beside this card can someone give some card names that can play any latest games in 1024*768 in maximum setting?

se7en_sg

S E 7 E N

Hi All,

I need some advice regarding the strange behaviour of GFX card(XFX 8600 GT)/mobo (ASUS M2N-MX) of my PC.

The setup worked fine for over a year until..
One fine morning when I switched on my PC ... no video signals came out
of the GFX card(not even bios screen).
I checked the components, GFX card's fan was still working, so I just un-plugged the card & used the mobo on board display & everything was fine again.I tried this setup (using the on-board display) for a few days & decided that something must be wrong with either my mobo's PCIe slot or the GFX card (8600 GT) itself.

I first took the card to XFX support in Kolkata (Akshay enterprises, Stephen House) where I was shown within minutes that both the card & the DVI-VGA dongle were fine.. the guys simply plugged the card into a PCIe slot, turned on the PC & all was good.. perfect picture & all.

So after all of this, I thought the mobo PCIe slot must be having the problem. When I took it to ASUS support, the staff at the service center said that they would test it using their own card and not my 8600GT. They plugged in some 6/7 series PCIe card and... now the PCIe slot was working fine and they booted into windows smoothly.

Now I am stumped! I mean, what am I missing here?! I am pretty sure either the GFX card or the mobo is faulty, but I cannot pinpoint the snag. Any suggestions are MOST welcome.

P.S: the card is still not working on my mobo, but then I haven't tested in anywhere else other than the XFX service centre.

manishjha18

In the zone

hello--my friend needs a graphics card -his budget is around rs 8000 max--can u suggest any nvidia card--kind a urgent-

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

hello--my friend needs a graphics card -his budget is around rs 8000 max--can u suggest any nvidia card--kind a urgent-

Palit 9800GT 512MB GDDR3 for NVIDIA

and if ur friend can up his budget a little, then Palit HD4850 512MB GDDR3 for 9.2k

tkin

Back to school!!

EVGA 9800GT KO Edition for 7.9k(Street Price should be around 7.5k or less)

manishjha18

In the zone

he wants nvidia only--he would buy it from Bangkok-- so he may get cheaper there-
any other card--say within 10 k--
thanks a lot--

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

EVGA 9800 SSC (SuperSuperClocked edition) @ 10k

Yus, he asked for a good grafix card <10k from NVIDIA...... isnt it good ?? An OC'd 9800GT = HD4850 and as eVGA is giving a factory OC'd card, why not buy it ?? It matches the performance of a HD4850 :D.

imgame2

Padawan

Yus, he asked for a good grafix card <10k from NVIDIA...... isnt it good ?? An OC'd 9800GT = HD4850 and as eVGA is giving a factory OC'd card, why not buy it ?? It matches the performance of a HD4850 :D.

where does it match HD4850 ??? ...how many times we will have to do this conversion ..unless 9800GT OC is not better than 9800gtx ..or equal to 9800gtx+ it doesn't dare match HD4850 ...

do i have to prove all over again ...??

Last edited:

dixit8611

Journeyman

Palit GeForce 9600GT is around RS 8900 and have 256 bit memory interface and very high clock and memory speeds.

imgame2

Padawan

Palit GeForce 9600GT is around RS 8900 and have 256 bit memory interface and very high clock and memory speeds.

don't even think about it ...buy palit HD4850 512 MB ...for about 9.2k to 9.7k depending upon ur place ...

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

where does it match HD4850 ??? ...how many times we will have to do this conversion ..unless 9800GT OC is not better than 9800gtx ..or equal to 9800gtx+ it doesn't dare match HD4850 ...

do i have to prove all over again ...??

Well.......I saw a review on some site which said 9800GT is only 11-13% slower then HD4850 and if u OC it then it will match HD4850's performance.

Top Bottom