Graphics Cards related queries here.

anuragdws

Broken In
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Hi all. My mobo is D101 ggc, RAM 2 gb ddr1, cpu 3.07 ghz. Till now i ve played games like halo, call of duty 1 & 2, battlefield 1942, half life 2, Far cry, world in conflict etc. but I was unable to play cod 4. The game was just struggling. May i know this graphic card HD4670 is compatible with my mobo. I still use crt monitor. Thank u all.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

Hi all. My mobo is D101 ggc, RAM 2 gb ddr1, cpu 3.07 ghz. Till now i ve played games like halo, call of duty 1 & 2, battlefield 1942, half life 2, Far cry, world in conflict etc. but I was unable to play cod 4. The game was just struggling. May i know this graphic card HD4670 is compatible with my mobo. I still use crt monitor. Thank u all.

D101GGC has a PCIe slot, so u can plug in a PCie card.. And Yes, ur Mobo is 100% compatible with HD4670 and get that card(after released in india...:D) and it pawns all the games well compare to other cards in its range...

rahuljin

Broken In

i dont mind a price difference of 2-3k. benq supports full HD and dell is always the best. so i m totally confused.

plz......any suggestion for my first question about the shop in computer market, wazirpur industrial area, delhi.

imgame2

Padawan

i dont mind a price difference of 2-3k. benq supports full HD and dell is always the best. so i m totally confused.

plz......any suggestion for my first question about the shop in computer market, wazirpur industrial area, delhi.

but u can only get 14.5k and 16.5k 22" dell models ...out of them 16.5k for Dell SP2208WFP ...is simply brilliant ! if u can buy that u will never be disappointed!

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

hi
i want to buy a 4850. can anyone tell me a shop at computer market, wazirpur industrial area, delhi.
i have a p4 with 925v2 mobo, 2gb ddr2 533mhz ram, xfx 6800gt (3 yr old), vista ultimate.
i dont want to upgrade now but in dec or jan.
is it good for my system to buy a product (as my system is very old) ??

one more thing --- is benq is 21.5" lcd better that dell's for gaming, movie etc.??
(sorry i know that it is graphic card thread, but i dot want to create a new thread)

btw thanks ;);)

1. Delhi guys will guide you :|.
2. P4 will be a bottleneck.
3. Dell will be better but the problem is your budget, you need to increase it so that you can get a Dell 228WFP. Otherwise, Dell 198wfp is also a option. Its the best VFM 19" LCD out there. (Price = 9.2-9.5k).

@ rahuljin:
There is not any good shop in Wazirpur Market that can provide HD4850 at a good price. For the cheapest price ... u can order from ITwares ( i myself ordered Palit 9800GT from there 2 weeks back for 7500 + 150 while at Nehru Place it was about 9 k) .. or u can go to Nehru Place where u can Buy the MSI 4850 for 10700 (from SMC International) or the Sapphire One for Rs 9500 (from Infinity ).

Edit:
Dell 198fwp is 9200 At SMC International, Nehru Place.

Last edited:

rahuljin

Broken In

thanks guys, i will check the shops in few day(not now).

about the monitor, i wanted to buy a Dell SP2208WFP but it does not support full HD where as benq's is cheap and support full HD. this is what i am not able to decide ??

imgame2

Padawan

usually only 24" monitor supports full HD and cost around 20k now:( .. but benq's that particular monitor is the only one which supports full HD ....@ 22" ...which is good ...one of our forum member has already bought it we are waiting for its review ...

personally i think its a very good option cos full HD @ 13k is very good thing if u are into games or full HD movies ..which i download a lot form net ..so for a person like me ...i can perhaps sacrifice extra sharpness,contrast,color saturation dell has to offer ..its a matter of personal choice ....and more over one can never tell the difference until two monitor are placed side by side ..thats my experience ...perhaps my eyes are not as trained or expert ...but then i m buying it for me ...am i not ..?

what u intend to do with it ....if u can answer that u will be able to decide better ...

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

hi
i want to buy a 4850. can anyone tell me a shop at computer market, wazirpur industrial area, delhi.
i have a p4 with 925v2 mobo, 2gb ddr2 533mhz ram, xfx 6800gt (3 yr old), vista ultimate.
i dont want to upgrade now but in dec or jan.
is it good for my system to buy a product (as my system is very old) ??

one more thing --- is benq is 21.5" lcd better that dell's for gaming, movie etc.??
(sorry i know that it is graphic card thread, but i dot want to create a new thread)

btw thanks ;);)

Being from Delhi my self ----- I would suggest take a trip to Nehru Place for computer parts....

SMC International (B-10 and B-11 Meghdoot Building, 94 Nehru Place Phone: 011-26293001/2) is a good place. They are well stocked.

Plus if you have a doubt on prices..the same alley has many computer part shops. Most of them have posters on the glass doors with the prices on it..so you do not even have to walk into the shop to ask the price...!

Being a DELL fanboy -- go for DELL. Though not sure, if it is available in Nehru Place. 17" was, not sure if >17" is available. Get it online else..!

imgame2

Padawan

dell monitors are the best..no doubt about that ....and u can do everything with them ..but with smaller resolution 1680x1050 resolution which is not full hd ....so u can't watch HD movies with them....but HD movies are not yet readily available ...only movies available on internet are in HD format....games u can play only till 1680x1050 format..but even for that u will a powerful card ...so choice is yours ...dell service support is very good ..but i don't know much about benq..feature wise benq monitor looks good ...but we just know about other things yet !

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

go for Dell.......

Benq is a good and trusted company but Dell is better.....

And such a big resolution on a 21" screen...........everything will look ant-sized :D.

imgame2

Padawan

go for Dell.......

Benq is a good and trusted company but Dell is better.....

And such a big resolution on a 21" screen...........everything will look ant-sized :D.

well not really so ...cos u don't have to use that resulution always ..u can use them only while watching movies or games ....i used to do that on17" used to have 1152x864 for normal desktop but 1280x1024 for games resolution ...so i don't think thats a problem ...about being ant sized ...moreover every OS lets u increase DPI ...so again i disagree it will a problem ...but it will help u to watch movies (HD) and play games at 1920x1080...not a bad deal when u get that thing @ 13k while others being at 20k ....

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

well not really so ...cos u don't have to use that resulution always ..u can use them only while watching movies or games ....i used to do that on17" used to have 1152x864 for normal desktop but 1280x1024 for games resolution ...so i don't think thats a problem ...about being ant sized ...moreover every OS lets u increase DPI ...so again i disagree it will a problem ...but it will help u to watch movies (HD) and play games at 1920x1080...not a bad deal when u get that thing @ 13k while others being at 20k ....

well.....still he will need a HD4870 class GPU to play most of the new game @max at that resolution :|.

Sujitdx

Right off the assembly line

HI Please Suggest me Graphic Card between 4000 to 5000 for my PC.I m using Vista.

Nvidia
512mb
Directx 10

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

HI Please Suggest me Graphic Card between 4000 to 5000 for my PC.I m using Vista.

Nvidia
512mb
Directx 10

NVIDIA 9500GT 512MB GDDR3
for around 4.6-5k.

A whole lot better will be Xpert Vision 9600GT 512MB GDDR3 (based on NVIDIA 9600GT) for 5.5k + taxes = 6k.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

Thanks yar

:)

well no doubt about that .....!!

ya, then we all will be enjoying games @max with a 9.5k monitor + 9.2k HD4850/8800GT and he will have to shell out 14k for monitor + 17k for the card to meet the same FPS and settings standards....lol.

Yup either the 9600pro or XT if u find one thats is arnd 10k. Also if u don't wanna spend 2-3k extra u will be missing on the best VFM card out right now and that is the 6600GT which costs 13-13.5k. If u can somehow manage the xtra 2-3k then u will get atleast 1.5-2 times the performance of a 9600XT card with the 6600GT. Or else 9600XT is the way to go.

lol....good old days :D.

Last edited:

imgame2

Padawan

ya, then we all will be enjoying games @max with a 9.5k monitor + 9.2k HD4850/8800GT and he will have to shell out 14k for monitor + 17k for the card to meet the same FPS and settings standards....lol.
'
well an overclocked Hd4850 will do pretty good at that resolution thats the very good thing about HD4850 they scale very good @ HD resolution and actually everyone benchmark them at that resolution in most of the games it already performs good but an overclocked HD4850 will give u very good result on 1900x1200 ....though not on crysis ..but perhaps better results on crysis warhead

and for Hd4850 19" is a bottleneck ...u need atleast 22" monitor to really utilise its full potential ..and if that 22" can support full HD its added advantage ...

Top Bottom