Graphics Cards related queries here.

Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

@rajkumar_pb:Sorry to break it to you,but Prescott is history (in terms of Computing)and yeah, it will bottleneck that card no matter where you put that processor, and you had be better off with some other mobo than 630i(your sig) try getting a P35 or anything recent from nVidia, and Ati 4670 will be way better than 7600GS.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

imgame2 said:
yes it will ..cos most of the new games coming out utilises as much CPU as a GFX card ..some card require atleast a core2duo to run ...so it will definately bottleneck ur HD4850 ...infact just look around the reviews ...people do get different FPS using different CPU ...so prescott P4 HT is defiantely old to utilise what HD4850 has to offer
:(
OK... How abt the config in my siggy(just leave the GPU as i m gonna buy a good gfx card by a month or two)... So i put my p4 in asus p5nmx mobo along with 7600gs.. I think p4 will never bottleneck for a 7600gs... :D
I play some nice old games wid that rig and after getting my new gfx card i get to play new games... Till then, start playing GTA:SA,FarCry,NFS: ProStreet,MW and Carbon,etc....

@rajkumar_pb:Sorry to break it to you,but Prescott is history (in terms of Computing)and yeah, it will bottleneck that card no matter where you put that processor, and you had be better off with some other mobo than 630i(your sig) try getting a P35 or anything recent from nVidia, and Ati 4670 will be way better than 7600GS.
Oops dude... i already get that Mobo and gfx card. I almost built that rig n only thing missing is that damn RAM which was sent to RMA...So no way.. May be after a month or two, i save may money till then to get a Palit HD4850 Sonic Edition.. Hope that help me..... Gaming = Empty Wallet:mad:

Last edited:

imgame2

Padawan

:(
OK... How abt the config in my siggy(just leave the GPU as i m gonna buy a good gfx card by a month or two)... So i put my p4 in asus p5nmx mobo along with 7600gs.. I think p4 will never bottleneck for a 7600gs... :D
I play some nice old games wid that rig and after getting my new gfx card i get to play new games... Till then, start playing GTA:SA,FarCry,NFS: ProStreet,MW and Carbon,etc....

well dude don't be sad u will be getting nice gfx card within a month as u say ...and i think 7600 GS will be good with the games u play ...

Oops dude... i already get that Mobo and gfx card. I almost built that rig n only thing missing is that damn RAM which was sent to RMA...So no way.. May be after a month or two, i save may money till then to get a Palit HD4850 Sonic Edition.. Hope that help me..... Gaming = Empty Wallet:mad:
where are u getting Palit Hd4850 sonic edition ??? AFAIK its not available in india :sad:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

imgame2 said:
where are u getting Palit Hd4850 sonic edition ??? AFAIK its not available in india :sad:
I just said that i m gonna buy a Palit HD4850 Sonic Edition by saving some money.. The problem of buying is after getting money...:D Anyway i get it from Newegg thru KMD or else i search for lynx store for that... By the time i purchase the HD4850 sure Sonic Edition will be avail at ease.... Hope so........;)

imgame2

Padawan

I just said that i m gonna buy a Palit HD4850 Sonic Edition by saving some money.. The problem of buying is after getting money...:D Anyway i get it from Newegg thru KMD or else i search for lynx store for that... By the time i purchase the HD4850 sure Sonic Edition will be avail at ease.... Hope so........;)
i hope the same for u as of now ...its not available in lynx but soon it will be launched ...in india !

arijit_2404

still find time for games

Can anybody tell me , how can I confirm that my HD4850 is running at PCIExpress 2.0 mode on my motherboard?

arijit_2404

still find time for games

^^
I tried. But it shows Bus type as PCI Express x16.
Isn't it confusing?
My mobo has PCIEx2.0 slot and HD4850 is also PCIEx 2.0 compliant. So how can I confirm this?

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

^^
Isn't it confusing?
My mobo has PCIEx2.0 slot and HD4850 is also PCIEx 2.0 compliant. So how can I confirm this?

Just use the ATi Control Panel to looking the information....

tkin

Back to school!!

^^
Isn't it confusing?
What's the difference, Gfx cards can not even use the full bandwidth available for PCIe 1.1 let alone PCIe 2.0, and if mobo supports then the card's probably running at PCIe 2.0 (If the card supports).

I don't think GPUZ shows that info, look at your mobo manual to find if it actually suppports PCIe 2.0.

nvidia

-----ATi-----

^^Actually many high end cards use almost the entire bandwidth offered by PCIe 1.1. But using PCIe doesn't make much difference.. AFAIK 5% is the maximum increase in performance..

tkin

Back to school!!

^^Actually many high end cards use almost the entire bandwidth offered by PCIe 1.1. But using PCIe doesn't make much difference.. AFAIK 5% is the maximum increase in performance..
High End!!!
Yikes!!
Anyway, I'm sure that 5% don't count since the cards are High-End and 100 & 105 FPS is visually impossible to distinguish.

tkin

Back to school!!

The human eye cant render more than 25-27 FPS :razz:
According to science, the limiting value is 10FPS, go beyond that and you can see a movie from a set of photos.

The human mind persists a image for 1/10 seconds, so 10*1/10=1, so need 10FPS to see a continuous movie:- *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persistence_of_vision(Scroll down and look at the horse)

Computer graphics work in a bit different way. Look here:- *amo.net/NT/02-21-01FPS.html, a 60FPS is the best sufficient value.

Top Bottom