Graphics Cards related queries here.

gulgulumaal

Broken In
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Guys, how's the Mercury 8600GT....heard that it's available for 3K. Is it a good buy?
If it's available for 3K, how come people are buying other brands like XFX for much higher price?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

Asus 8600GT is for 6.5~7k!!!!!!
more than twice!!.
Mercur 8600GT too comes with GRRD3 and 3yrs warranty. I dun think the oc potential of Asus is worth that 4k xtra. A 9600GSO for 6.5k makes a lot better buy than Asus 8600GT.

@gulgulumaal
but its only less than a month or so, that the mercury began to ship it for cheap[3.2k]. The cheapest ones available before was XFX and POV for arounf 4.5k

gulgulumaal

Broken In

Asus 8600GT is for 6.5~7k!!!!!!
more than twice!!.
Mercur 8600GT too comes with GRRD3 and 3yrs warranty. I dun think the oc potential of Asus is worth that 4k xtra. A 9600GSO for 6.5k makes a lot better buy than Asus 8600GT.

@gulgulumaal
but its only less than a month or so, that the mercury began to ship it for cheap[3.2k]. The cheapest ones available before was XFX and POV for arounf 4.5k

Cool...then I think Mercury 8600GT wud be the perfect choice for a budget gamer (like me). Am currently running an 8400GS, but if 8600 is this cheap, I'll buy one and gift the 8400GS to my bro :)

pratik03

Journeyman

Mercury 8600GT @ 3.2k is excellent buy

but what about its availability

shivg33k

I s33 G33ky p30pl3

Guys, give me some advice regarding this
which is good, MSI 8800 GT OC edition (with zalman cooler)
or XFX 8800 GT Alpha Dog Edition.
I also wanted to know that does XFX 8800 GT ALpha Dog Edition has some serious heating problem, but it costs around 12.2 K and comes with some game bundled with it.

What does MSI bundle include (apart from Zalman cooler), does it have heating issues as XFX's. Please mention also mention the current price if possible.

P

paranj

who told u Alpha Dog Edition from XFX has heating issue? i own it and its good. It dosent bundle with any game. I suggest the OC edition from MSI as its factory OCed. Sure u can OC it urself but will void warraty. So factory OCed is better:)

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

^^ there have been a few overheating complaints with regard to xfx 8800GT alpha dog.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

well....its time i upgraded my graphix card....

i cant decide whther to go for 9600Gt or 8800GT....I will go for factory overclocked tho....
Max budget is Rs.13k.

i m frm Kolkata.

i hv shortlisted MSI & XFx, but i m not sure whether eVGA is available in this area:(:(...

Plz extend me ur views....what model shud i go for....
512MB it will be, And factory overclocked....

but which models?

plz repl...quick if u plz :)

PS. Also throw in the prices frndz....

Last edited:
P

paranj

right^^ try the MSI 8800GT OC too! Its good but EVGA has more clock frequency but this has a cooler :D

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

right^^ try the MSI 8800GT OC too! Its good but EVGA has more clock frequency but this has a cooler :D

Well,coolll!!!

but bro,wat abt the prices???

And abt the MSi...their site talks nothin abt the zalman cooler and all!!!!:( :|

P

paranj

dunno much abt the cost, ask around the Hardware Prices and Quotes thread :)

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

Buy the 8800GT with Seaweed Blade Cooler, much beeter cooling, though acquires some space but its worthy!

Hi all,
can u suggest me the GPU for following configuration pc:
MB: Intel dg965ry
Pro: Intel pentium d 3.4 (Dual core)
RAM: 2 GB (667)

my budget is: 6000/-

P

paranj

^asus En8600gt 256mb Gddr3

P

paranj

no 512MB until the 9600GT will have GDDR3 memory. and cards lesser than 9600GT 512MB which have 512MB memory performs slower than 256MB GDDR3 because they will have GDDR2. In short, get the 256MB version of ANY 8600GT card. if u want 512MB than get a XFX 9600GT 512MB GDDR3 for 9.2k

Top Bottom