Graphics Cards related queries here.

sonicspeed

Broken In
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

guyz many of you have already know the specification for gtx 280.it has one 6 pin and one 8 pin connectors.So i wondering are there any smps officially supporting these insane graphic card?i know its too early to chat about not even hit the street as yet.

sir ask keithji about pin requirement. he is giving so much information on graphics cards.

pratik03

Journeyman

decided to buy palit 9600GSO 384MB Soinc
just called rahul

i have few questions

will this card run perfectly on my very old asus M2A-VM mobo

also what do you think about palit after sales service

P

paranj

^^Palit has the worst after-sales service. M2A-VM will do just fine!

nvidia

-----ATi-----

^^+1
AFAIK, its not a very popular brand, at least in India its not.. The motherboard will work fine with the card. Make sure you get a good power supply which supports the card..

pratik03

Journeyman

^^Palit has the worst after-sales service. M2A-VM will do just fine!

^^+1
AFAIK, its not a very popular brand, at least in India its not.. The motherboard will work fine with the card. Make sure you get a good power supply which supports the card..

I am getting EVGA 8800GT for Rs 9050/- from US

so which is the best option (not in terms of performance) in my budget(9K max), i dont want to buy 9600GT

1> EVGA 8800GT for Rs 9050/-(with Loss of warranty)
or
2> Palit 9600GSO 384MB sonic for Rs 6350/-(with worst after sales service)

Last edited:
P

paranj

EVGA outperforms Palit easily ! And anyways u are comparing a 8800GT with 9600GSO. Obviously 8800GT!

pratik03

Journeyman

I am not comparing 8800 & 9600gso what i want to ask, is it worth to loss the local warranty for rs 3000

P

paranj

^sure. Most EVGA cards dont have any probs. so that u will need the warranty:) Go for it blindly!

P

paranj

^^Now u are classified as a gaming-geek :D

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Of PCI Express v1.0 vs PCI Express v2.0-----I m confused

I hav finally come across an eVGA card in kolkata!!!!! :) 8) :D

Tirupati International are stocking them...

I hv decided on a eVGA eGeforce 8800GT KO edition card(675/1674/1900) for abt 12.8 k.

but before i took the plunge,i went into fresh doubts....

i hv the XFX 650i ultra mobo sporting the nvidia 650i ultra chipset.....and PCI express v 1.0.
but the 8800gt is a PCI express v2.0 card.....
now i am confused whether this mobo will support the gpu :( :( :(

PLEASE HELP FRIENDS

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

^^^ yes , ur mobo will support the discreet graphics u r going for without any loss in performance too . .

johnjjx

Ambassador of Buzz

@pratik...goin for evga card is nice 88gt roxx....but r u gettin it shipped or sme1 bringin it over here(a fren or relative??)

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain

@pratik03
I got EVGA 8800GT Akimbo edition from newegg for $222.99, It's now available for $209.99 + $7.59 shipping. You can look into it, it's got a great dual slot cooler bundle with it. This is the card I bought *www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130347

@mukherjee
I am using the same mobo with EVGA 8800GT without any problem. BTW, could you please check with tirupathi for the akimbo edition and its price.

pratik03

Journeyman

@john

already ordered the card
please tell me version & release date of bios of your card
card having older version of bios have some compatibility issue with certain type pci gen1 motherboard, evga has released the bios update to fix this but new bios can be flashed only with pci gen2 motherboard

Top Bottom