Graphics Cards related queries here.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

^^may I correct u in something??.........HD3650 costs much less....u will get HD3850 512MB for 10k now.

OMG....really? but that card also heats up a lot isn't it. It has a 2 slot cooler design & overkill for my setup & system

nd ya its better than 9600GT wich is really 8600GT with triple SLI support+increased clocks nd nothing else....nd with d new Catalyst 8.3v from ATi, d stock HD3850 performs close to dat of HD3870.

The choice is between Radeon 3650 & GeForce 9600GT. I will do one thing, I am going to check whether there are any rendering issues with ATI cards in 3ds Max etc. If there are not then ATI 3650 it is.

Now, I personally know the Gigabyte dealer of U.P. so I can ask for any Gigabyte product & it can also come on order. I have 3 Radeon 3650 graphics cards in mind & if there is no anomaly I am buying it soon provided the cost is acceptable.

Gigabyte GV-RX365512H

MSI R3650-MD256

Sapphire Radeon 3650

I read some reviews of Radeon 3650 on the net such as Hothardware. Radeon 3650 pwns GeForce 8600GT so 8600GT is out of question. Now GeForce 9600GT pwns Radeon 3650 & Radeon 3850 but it is more costly & eats more power then both of the ATI cards.

Radeon 3650 seems more & more tempting specially considering the fact that Radeon 3650 has exact same features as Radeon 3870, just performance is bad which will not matter to me that much. Exclusion of OpenGL 2.1 will not make such a big difference to me as it is a gaming grade card after all & even if I buy Radeon 3870 or 9600GT they will work slow in 3ds max anyway.

The Video features of Radeon 3650 & HDMI support is tooooo juicy to miss. Anyone in this forum has a Radeon 3xxx series graphics card? If yes can you plz test 3ds Max for me? I will tell you how to, just spare the download time & 15 mins & it will be enough for me to make a purchasing decision.

New decision, if Radeon 3650 is available for maximum 6k then I am buying it right now, if not then I will wait till April end to see the cost decrease of Radeon 3850 & GeForce 9600GT.

Looks like I have to leave the tag of nVidiot & wear the tag or fanATIc :D

Last edited:

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent

^^ya Darkload hav already posted the results of 3850 cards in crossfire.....nd y r u so concerned abt 3d Max......it will work fine, nd plz don't blindly believe the scores given by these bechmarking tools

u should see real world test results to judge a card's performance

and am not forcing u to become an ATi fan :)

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

nd"]M@tt;769112]nd[/EMAIL] y r u so concerned abt 3d Max......it will work fine

Dude, I got a Job of 3Ds Max, I cannot afford a workstation class card yet like FireGL or Quadro, so I need to make sure that Radeon cards do not produce anomaly & curroption in 3ds max viewport like they used to at one time with Radeon X1900 series.

OpenGL Architecture wise Radeon 3650 isn't much different from Radeon 2600XT which a friend has. I will go to his home tomorrow & run 3Ds Max at his computer extensively to test the GPU's performance.

u should see real world test results to judge a card's performance

I know, but it is for gaming. In real world for ne only these things matter

1) Electricity consumption

2) Noise of the GPU Fan

3) Feature set for Videos like Avivo, UVD etc

4) Low cost & VFM

5) Good performance equal to atleast 8600GT in 3ds Max

Since I don't play games much, & even If I do, I play them at 1024X768 with 4X AA & 4X Anis, anything over 45 fps at these is good enough for me. I don't need a hign end gaming card, I need a VFM good featured card, & so far other then the surity of 3Ds Max, Radeon 3650 wins everywhere for me. :D

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent

^^ya ya ok then.... :(

HD 3650 is a gud entry level card.........probably I too will try to get a hand on it ;)

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

hi friend,
ATI's HD 3650 is built around 55nm. So it consumes less power nd produce less heat.
And as u know, the HD series is much ahead of GF8 when it comes to home entertainment like HD decoding, H264 playbacks etc.
And as ATI said, the HD 3650 is set for replacing HD 2600XT nd will be cheaper. Also 2650 has same specs as that of 2600XT which was neck to neck with 8600GT. Also also 3650 has open GL 2.1 support and SM 4.1 with its DX 10.1.
so it ll deliver almost same performance as 2600XT at relatively lower price

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Right now I am reading this article about the architecture of Radeon 3650 HD compared to GeForce 9 Architecture. Like I said before, on Paper Radeon is better then GeForce & looks better but real world scenerio is different.

Now if only darklord can help me to run 3ds max in trial mode on his Radeon :D

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

but the article says HD 38xx has SM 4.0 and Open GL 2.0 whereas in real it has 4.1 and 2.1 resp.
but i think this might be due to the unavailabilty of DX 10.1 update from Microsoft for Vista, but ll be soon released.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

It is written on ATI website that Radeon 3650 supports OpenGL 2.0 & DirectX 10.1. I only need OpenGL 2.0 & DirectX 10 so Radeon 3650 is good for me, I just hope i get a good deal.

Another thing I like in ATI which isn't in nVidia is that ATI Radeon 3650 HD can down clock itself, reducing the clock speed of core & shader clock to lower electricity requirement & heats less, when not in use. Cool....

Radeons are looking more tempting now

Last edited:

navrajyadav

Broken In

hi everyone,
i am new here. and i want to buy a graphics card 256mb in around 4k to 5.5k.

please suggest me a good graphics card. i have intel 915glvg motherboard, intel pentium 4 (2.:cool:, 512mb ram.

is any chance of reducing price on graphics card on next month due to new budget.

ashish_gh

Right off the assembly line

Hi,
I'm new to this forum & would like some help regarding graphics cards.
My PC specs are as follows:
1.ASUS P5LD2-VM SE Motherboard
2. Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 1.86 GHz
3. 1GB DDR2 RAM
4. 400W SMPS

I'm planning to buy a graphics card & have shortlisted the following ones
1. XFX 8500 GT
2. XFX 8600 GT
I would like to know if these cards are compatible with my Motherboard & DDR2 RAM. I would also like to know if these cards require an SMPS upgrade.
Also, if anyone knows a better graphics card, I'm open to suggestions :)

Thanks,
Ashish

samurai3

Broken In

can u tell me the cost of asus EN8600 GT and its quality... is there graphics card in this catagory. my budget's 8K.......... how about ASUS EA1900 XTX will it perform better....

my specifksn
intel core 2 duo 3ghz
2gb ram
200 gb hdd
intel p35 based mother board.....

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

1900XTX will perform better but its dx9 , so dont go for it now. .. asus en8600GT is pretty good. .but for a bit more money u can get 9600GT or radeon hd 3850..mind you , with a 9600/3850 u'll need a good smps.

Hi,
I'm new to this forum & would like some help regarding graphics cards.
My PC specs are as follows:
1.ASUS P5LD2-VM SE Motherboard
2. Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 1.86 GHz
3. 1GB DDR2 RAM
4. 400W SMPS

I'm planning to buy a graphics card & have shortlisted the following ones
1. XFX 8500 GT
2. XFX 8600 GT
I would like to know if these cards are compatible with my Motherboard & DDR2 RAM. I would also like to know if these cards require an SMPS upgrade.
Also, if anyone knows a better graphics card, I'm open to suggestions :)

Thanks,
Ashish
dont even think of 8500..8600 should be fine...most probobly u wont need a smps upgrade..whats the amps on the 12 volt rail of ur psu ?
since u have low power consuming c2d , any cheap smps is enough to run the 8600..

Last edited:

hi everyone,
i am new here. and i want to buy a graphics card 256mb in around 4k to 5.5k.

please suggest me a good graphics card. i have intel 915glvg motherboard, intel pentium 4 (2.:cool:, 512mb ram.

is any chance of reducing price on graphics card on next month due to new budget.
me too has 915dglvg, and it lacks a pci express 16x slot:(
^^^ Look for Radeon 3650 HD with 256 MB RAM.
finally you too realised that hd 3650 rox...
whats its current price, btw ?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

finally you too realised that hd 3650 rox...whats its current price, btw ?

Compared to 8600GT & 9600GT, yeah 3650 is better in features. If I wanted performance I would have opted for Geforce 9600GT instead but I wanted a VFM & more on features card so ATI Radeon 3650 is my choice.

My work now includes more of Microsoft Blend, Photoshop & Illustrator, then 3ds Max, so 10% less OpenGL performance is acceptable.

Besides, I need a silent PC which is low on power & heat. Radeon 3650 can decrese it's clock speed on the fly now even in desktop graphics card, which geforce can't. While working in Vista in 2D even a clock speed of 400 MHz is enough.

I have no idea about ATI drivers though since the last 3 years

Basanta

I just move into bangalore. I searched a lot and i did not find good dealer for 8800gt. Can anyone tell me cheapest price and dealer address here

purvabh

i've been looking around this thread but i'm still facing the same dilemma i was in (i'd built a rig around a P35......dint want a 8600.....waited.....waited.......and i'm still waiting:mad:).....i just want a decent card at 8k (rather 8k at max)......i dont want a 8600 (call it a personal bias but i dont it find to be worth it...even at 6k)......i've waited for about 3 months now (yeah a 6750 and 3 gigs of 800 Mhz just wastin off)..... ATi prices are still bloated in india.......and i like the 9600 but its still outta my range.....i can wait till april....only if i have to i.e if it makes any difference at all......so please help me out folks!

Cheers

i've been looking around this thread but i'm still facing the same dilemma i was in (i'd built a rig around a P35......dint want a 8600.....waited.....waited.......and i'm still waiting:mad:).....i just want a decent card at 8k (rather 8k at max)......i dont want a 8600 (call it a personal bias but i dont it find to be worth it...even at 6k)......i've waited for about 3 months now (yeah a 6750 and 3 gigs of 800 Mhz just wastin off)..... ATi prices are still bloated in india.......and i like the 9600 but its still outta my range.....i can wait till april....only if i have to i.e if it makes any difference at all......so please help me out folks!

Cheers

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Get a Radeon 3650, it gives double the performance of GeForce 8600GT.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

try HD 3850 256. They shud be around 8k now with teh new price after the recent reduction of 40$, and now its for 130~140$.
So if the price reduction reflects in local market, u can expect it even below 8k, coz even now the 512MB 3850 is at 10k.

Top Bottom