Graphics Cards related queries here.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

asus hits the spot.

radeon 3650 i hear was released to replace 2600pro not xt . so its performance is below xt and thus below 8600GT. so get urself a 8600GT.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

i think its around 7-8k .. i feel its simply not worth paying even 7k for a 860GT at this point of time. since u r not into OCing u can get xfx 8600GT for 5k. .but it does run a bit HOT. ( mine on load goes upto 78C )..

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl

arey nahi yaar..its the silent version\OC version that costs 7k
stock 8600GT by asus costs the same as XFX 8600gt +/- 200-400 bucks..its much coooler and performs better than XFX.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Nish, do u have any links for the Asus model u r talking about? I need to know the exect model number to order...else XFX is available here & seems like it no longer has the heating problem

So, how is Radeon 3750?

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl

page 51 of oct 2007 digit-
*img137.imageshack.us/img137/7599/imagexr5.th.jpg

Last edited:

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

@gx , 3750 ? u sure thats the one ? i think u're referring to the 3850 . it rocks and is around 2x performance of 8600. .

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

^^^^ ok, I was confusing with the model number. It gives 2X performance of 8600GT but also costs 2X More :D

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

offtopic : @gx , are u a ppg fan ? what made you choose prof utonium ( i think he's the guy ) as ur avataar ?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Well, I like cartoons. It's not that I am a powerpuff girls fan, just that I find his character a good one so using this avtar since forever.

:D Now changed to dexter

johnjjx

Ambassador of Buzz

^^lol n i thought there was sme graphic related querries or info:p

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

I just saw the benchmarks of 9600GT, wow...it is almost double of 8600GT in performance.

So, what should I do now? Architecture wise GeForce 9600GT isn't much different from 8600GT, means features are 99.99999999% same. However, performance wise 9600GT is double of 8600GT in games.

If I buy in April end, is there any chance of 8600GT's price reducing further. Or should I wait & buy 9600GT in April? What is the cost of 9600GT right now.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

utonium seemed better to me...

for what purpose are u buying the g-card ? 9600GT wouldnt exaclty be a gr8 choice. . true its pretty good. but its prcing in india aint. a MSI 8800GT 512mb OC @ 12k is a better choice i feel.

If u're into gaming then 9600 or 8800 is a better choice compared to the 8600. can u wait ? what'll be your budget ?if its gonna be around 5k , then u might as well get the 8600 . i see no reason for a price drop of 8600.prices of 9600 and 8800 may drop but not to the range of 5k in a month or two. and needless to say a 8600 will run on any smps but a 9600 or 8800 will need atleast a CM 500/600W. .

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

I m buying the graphics card for lite gaming once in a while, Photosho, Illustrator & 3Ds Max. Although a 8600GT is good enough for me, but I was thinking of waiting till april if there is a chance of price drop.

I asked for 9600gt just like that :D

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain

GX why don't you get the quadro...........I know it's hard to find but since you'll be getting the card by april end, so have a lot of time to search. Else get yourself 8600GT. No point in investing on a 9600GT since you are not into gaming.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Ok but since the 9600GT is out now, is the price of 8600GT expected to reduce

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

That's all I wanted to know. I will buy the card next month.

nvidia

-----ATi-----

@gx: why exactly do you want to wait? It may come down after a month but at the same time, the prices of other high end cards will also come down. And their prices will further come down if ATI makes another price drop. Its pointless in waiting for anything these days... Anyway anything you buy will be outdated in less than 6 months....

Top Bottom