Graphics Cards related queries here.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

^^Why buy the 9600GT? he can get the 8800GT instead. Nobody is gonna get anything extra like DX10.1 support if they buy the 9600GT.
Only the brand new name to show off that you have a 9 series card.
Not worth buying it.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

you guys are forgetting an important thing. 9600gt is mid end and 8800gt is high end

Shloeb

In the zone

To what extent will the 8800GT price will reduce till april. Beause i also want to buy that card and m waiting for the price drop.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl

9600GT is not that bad card like we ppl make it.Asus\XFX 9600GT is a good mid range performer
DX10.1= no use at all since new games are DX10 only and will remain like that

the max 8800GT can get cheaper on april is by 1k only.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

On Paper The Radeon 36xx series looks more tempting then GeForce 8600GT. Although they both have a 128 bit wide memory bus but still, feature wise ATI looks better then nVidia. Now I am confusing my mind :D

ATI Avivo is better then nVidia PureVideo feature wise.

I am going to search for some benchmarks comparing Radeon 3650 with GeForce 8600GT & 9600GT.

The only Radeon 36xx series based card I could find was MSI R3650-MD256. Is it available in India & what's the cost.

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

That's it, I have taken a decision. Since I will buy the card by April End, I am not going to buy a GeForce 8600GT. I will either buy a Radeon 3650 (due to much better feature set & better performance in games compared to 8600GT at the same price point) or a GeForce 9600GT with 256 MB RAM.

I have incresed my budget to 10k. I am going to buy a graphics card once only & will keep it till DirectX 11 is released, so it better be something which even if low in performance, is high in feature set. Feature wise Radeon 3650 pwns 8600GT specially in normal world usage like power consumption, Video acceleration etc.

According to newegg, the average price of a Radeon 3650 is $110, not too bad

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain

@gx
How's the performance of ATI card in MAX.........heard that there are some driver issue regarding MAX.
I had real problem with X1950 with viewport being corrupt and the mental ray not working properly with MAYA. But didn't have any such problem with nvidia cards. I have used 5200,5500,6600 and currently using 7950GT without any problem.
Please see if you can find answer regarding ATI and MAX/MAYA. I also want to buy HD3870 but this issue is bothering me.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

@gx
How's the performance of ATI card in MAX.........heard that there are some driver issue regarding MAX.
I had real problem with X1950 with viewport being corrupt and the mental ray not working properly with MAYA. But didn't have any such problem with nvidia cards. I have used 5200,5500,6600 and currently using 7950GT without any problem.
Please see if you can find answer regarding ATI and MAX/MAYA. I also want to buy HD3870 but this issue is bothering me.

Ya, ATI card did had trouble with viewport of 3ds Max etc, that even I know but I have used a Radeon 2600HD in 3ds Max & there were no troubles in DirectX 10 mode with it. I am assuming there won't be a trouble with Radeon 3650 too....but still, let's just search on google.

If GeForce 9600GT comes for Rs 10k by April end then I am buying that instead. It's all about VFM

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl

^
*www.chip.in/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32073
Date-26feb
a 512mb 9600GT by ASus is expected to cost 12k.this card has the best cooler and performs better than XFX\EVGA reference cards

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Why is it so hard to take a decision to buy a graphics card? :D

Since my budget is Rs 10k, I am comparing GeForce 9600GT & Radeon 3650 feature wise. They should cost almost the same.

I am familier to nVidia, it works flawlessly in 3ds Max (this I know of). It has a 256bit wide memory bus. It has OpenGL 2.1 support. It's the latest graphics card & if I buy a 500W Zebronics SMPS then with my current system this 9600GT will be a balanced config for next 4 years.

On the other hand, Radeon 3650 is a low profile graphics card. It is very cheap at $110. It has more features then GeForce 9 series. How it will work in 3ds Max is unknown to me at this time. It supports DirectX 10.1 but OpenGL 2.0 only. It has a 128 bit wide memory bus. It is the latest Mid-range card from ATI. It will run fine even on my current sytem with a Local 500W PSU. It has support for ATI Avivo which assists in encoding of DivX or H.264 however this isn't something I will need as I don't encode videos much. It has many video enhancement technologies but in real world scenario they will hardly be used. It has support for HDMI but I know I won't be need it at all.

So final decision, if at the end of April Asus GeForce 9600GT is available for Rs 10k then I am buying it, else I am going for MSI/Sapphire Radeon 3650 HD graphics card which will sure cost less then Rs 10k.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent

^^may I correct u in something??.........HD3650 costs much less....u will get HD3850 512MB for 10k now.

nd ya its better than 9600GT wich is really 8600GT with triple SLI support+increased clocks nd nothing else....nd with d new Catalyst 8.3v from ATi, d stock HD3850 performs close to dat of HD3870.

Last edited:

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

9600GT is 8600GT with increased clock speed ?????

i dont think so. . .

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl

^ ^ thats the case with 9800 ,not 9600GT

+ heating issues with 8800GT are mor common with BIG\XFX (esp Alpha dog)
but not with EVGA\MSI\etc.. i guess XFX will never learn *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/actions1.gif

niax

Right off the assembly line

hey guyzz!!

i wanna overclock my E6750(c2d 2.66)with DG33FB mobo...
dunno how its done
also wanna adjust the RAM clock/timings any software 4 that??

i got a 3dmark06 score of 5935 with 1gb ram nd 8600 gts is it ok??

^^
Sorry mate but u cant OC on intel mobos.
ur score is quite good,dont worry
with 4GB RAM,8800GTS 512 and Q6600 i get 120xx score.so ur score is just fine

niax

Right off the assembly line

thanx myte...but i guess there was a software to adjust mem timings and mem clock..

Kiss

Journeyman

Guys I am thinking of buying Nvidia 8600GT.
However I have Intel 915GL Asrock Motherboard, With 512MB RAM, P4 @2.8 Ghz.
Will I face any kinds of compatibility issues after I insert the card and will 512Mb of RAM be sufficient for the card to work properly??

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

the card is perfectly compatible. And 512 MB is OK, but u cant use the full potential of the card when the memoy is bottleneck.
U can upgrade memory any time, and till then u can use 8600GT with current 512 w/o probs

Kiss

Journeyman

the card is perfectly compatible. And 512 MB is OK, but u cant use the full potential of the card when the memoy is bottleneck.
U can upgrade memory any time, and till then u can use 8600GT with current 512 w/o probs

Thanks friend. This means I'll be able to use the card's 60-70% resources.
However how much should i upgrade the memory so that I get the max out of the card.

Top Bottom