Graphics Cards related queries here.

Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Hey Gx,y dont u get a 3870 XT??I has GDDR4 memory and just 2-3 K difference.It would serve u better IMO:D

ajayashish

Living to Succeed

i want to but a graphic card for games and 3d work purpose,.... i am eyeing something from Geforce only...

now i want a suggestion...

should i go for 8800GT or GTX or GTS...

what size of memory... 512MB 768MB or 1gb

And which company... Asus MSI... XFX...

or should i get something for SLI... means 2 card... but i want to get the best value for my money... what do u suggest guys

quadroplex780

Maximum Fame

^^A Core 2 Duo will have to be clocked at 3Ghz to give the best experience with an geforce 8800 card another thing is that the AMD 64 3000+ is a single core processor so it will be a huuuuge bottelneck.Don't go for SLI if u don't have a 3Ghz core 2 duo for scalability to some extent.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed

i will be buying a quad core q6600 with 4gb corsair ram at 800MHz... the only thing i am not sure of is the motherboard and the graphic card... i thought of getting P5N32E-Sli which is presently out of stock...

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

if u want to go for SLI, then get 9600GT SLI rather than 880GT SLI. 9600GT scales better in SLI mode and at lower cost.
it ll cost u 10k+10k= 20k
and u need at least an 800W or better high performance PSU to run it.

if u stick to HD 3870 X2, it need less power than SLI solution and same performance and runs much cooler. In future u can even add another HD 3870 X2 to have a quad crossfire termed as Crossfire-X to further double the performance. And as it runs much cooler and 55nm , it has much higher overclocking potential.

you are replying to the guy with 2 8800GTS G92s. How can he understand ?:rolleyes:
2.5 years back i owned a PC with AMD Athlon XP 2800+,128 MB DDR RAM,40GB SATA HDD,Nvidia geforce 2,only cd writer not even DVD!!,a 15" CRT,some crappy mobo(dont remember the exact model),later upgraded to 384 MB RAM and u are saying that i cant understand?i can understand better than anyone around.On that rig i used to die to play GTA SA,TCNY and many new games at that time.
Everyone doesnt own a quad-core by birth:)

mannrak2003

win2k intrnls xpert
Smile Need an AGP card for 667 MHZ P3 processor asus cuv4x motherboard

Can anyone suggest an AGP card for 667 MHZ P3 processor, asus cuv4x motherboard, 768MB sdram,250 w power supply? what is the maximum rating of power supply i can connect to this config?

what is maxm rating of AGP card that can be connected at this config pls give prices also .

No plans on upgrading right now thats why im asking.ALso need market price of 512 MB SDRAM?

Last edited:

ajayashish

Living to Succeed

if u want to go for SLI, then get 9600GT SLI rather than 880GT SLI. 9600GT scales better in SLI mode and at lower cost.
it ll cost u 10k+10k= 20k
and u need at least an 800W or better high performance PSU to run it.

if u stick to HD 3870 X2, it need less power than SLI solution and same performance and runs much cooler. In future u can even add another HD 3870 X2 to have a quad crossfire termed as Crossfire-X to further double the performance. And as it runs much cooler and 55nm , it has much higher overclocking potential.

I want to stay with Nvidia and so will take only Geforce... if i decide not to go for SLI then which card to take...

which brand do u suggest and what memory size...

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz

^^Well, then you can opt for 8800GTS with 512MB DDR3! Just wait for the moment, when prices fall then go for it. As far as brands are concerned, XFX cards are excellent performers. Though, they suffer with heating issues. MSI and PaliT should be the second choice. For you, i say, go with PaliT cards. Their onboard cooling is amazing as mostly they use Zalman or other aftermarket coolers! And yes, just make sure you have atleast 450W PSU from CM/Antec! 500 watts "Real Power" PSU from CM should be an adequate choice.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

Only some lower models of XFX had some issues and they soon retified it by a better version, ya im talkin bout 8600GT.
But their 8800GT and GTS are very gud, though bit expensive than brands ike MSI.
MSI has gud vfm as most of their cards are factory oced and is really cheap.
MSI 8800GT is for some 12.5k and GTS is for some 16k

And if u wanna oc other components like proccy ram and add another HDD then opt for atleast a 650W PSU, as 8800GT and 8800GTS are real power mongers.

And in SLI, i wud always suggest only 9600GT SLI. Performs better than 8800GT SLI in most cases though in single mode 8800GT is powerful than 9600GT.

get MSI 9600GT 512MB DDR3 for 10k each in SLI. Or u can also wait a bit longer for the 9800GTX or GX2.
Go for GTX as u shud always prefer single GPU setup than dual GPU ones unlees there is no other choice for such power.

quadroplex780

Maximum Fame

i will be buying a quad core q6600 with 4gb corsair ram at 800MHz... the only thing i am not sure of is the motherboard and the graphic card... i thought of getting P5N32E-Sli which is presently out of stock...
The nforce 790i chipset(with true PCI eXpress 2.0 support without a bridge like on 780i) is due out on the 15th March.There will be plenty of stock for it in then and be quick to ask Rashi Peripherals for help as soon as the chipset is released buy an ASUS one(know this that early bios revisions may have bugs but mobos rarely have a hardware fault at launch).
As for the graphics card both the 8800GT and 8800GTS(G92) are excellent buy for the price.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed

The nforce 790i chipset(with true PCI eXpress 2.0 support without a bridge like on 780i) is due out on the 15th March.There will be plenty of stock for it in then and be quick to ask Rashi Peripherals for help as soon as the chipset is released buy an ASUS one(know this that early bios revisions may have bugs but mobos rarely have a hardware fault at launch).
As for the graphics card both the 8800GT and 8800GTS(G92) are excellent buy for the price.

Thanks for the suggestion... Do u know if P5N32E-SLI available in Kolkata or not... and if i got with 512mb 8800GTS which brand should i choose and what will be the price...

hellgate

At Hell's Disq

Thanks for the suggestion... Do u know if P5N32E-SLI available in Kolkata or not... and if i got with 512mb 8800GTS which brand should i choose and what will be the price...

Asus P5N32-E SLi is out of stock with all vendors that i called up 2day.only P5N-E SLi is available.:(
getting a aBit IP35-E instead of P5N32-E SLi.