Graphics Cards related queries here.

ashikns

ByTeS fLoWiNg ThRu VeIns!
I don't understand why the 7790 wasn't mentioned in best cards for money. All the reviews show 7790 as a better choice. Is there a reason it wasn't mentioned in this thread? I mean are there any problems with it?
Also, two of them are 1gb. Is that gonna be a bottleneck?

Cilus

laborare est orare
It is because when I updated my thread last time, HD 7790 was 11K+ and GTX 650 Ti Boost was around 12K which is faster than 7790 by a good margin, in fact slightly better than even HD 7850. Now only it is available at 10.7K. Updated the guide and share your opinion here.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
^^Me too didn't notice that it was a Boost ed.
Go for it..
Giga cards aren't ei-cheapo it's SMC selling @ lower prices
check it @ itdepot
Buy Online Gigabyte Geforce GTX650 Ti Boost 2GB DDR5 NVidia PCI E Graphic Cards (GV-N65TBOC-2GD) in india

ashikns

ByTeS fLoWiNg ThRu VeIns!
^^Me too didn't notice that it was a Boost ed.
Go for it..
Giga cards aren't ei-cheapo it's SMC selling @ lower prices
check it @ itdepot
Buy Online Gigabyte Geforce GTX650 Ti Boost 2GB DDR5 NVidia PCI E Graphic Cards (GV-N65TBOC-2GD) in india

Zotac version @ itdepot itself costs 2k more
Zotac Geforce GTX650Ti Boost 2GB DDR5 NVidia PCI E Graphics Card

So can anyone vouch for the quality of gigabyte cards?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think the main reason the GB cards are cheap because they don't need to provide service through local service centers. The seller is liable for that :lol:

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
hello!

a small query. a friend recently bought a new Sapphire HD7870 2GB GPU from R.K. Infosys at Lamington road. however, upon installation, there was no display. upon exhausting almost all options while troubleshooting, he installed another GPU, and the display came up on the monitor! wanted to ask whether is there any switch of sort or any mechanism on the GPU, which one needs to activate after installing the card before use? or is it the simple case of a faulty GPU?

P.S. - PSU is a brand new Seasonic S12II - 520W.

Piyush

Lanaya
Wanted to ask one thing.
Just like there are games which have better performance on Nvidia cards, like Witcher 2, Batman AA/AC, etc..
Are there any games for AMD cards as well, that is, comparatively better performance than Nvidia?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wanted to ask one thing.
Just like there are games which have better performance on Nvidia cards, like Witcher 2, Batman AA/AC, etc..
Are there any games for AMD cards as well, that is, comparatively better performance than Nvidia?
Bioshock: Infinite
Tomb Raider
DmC: Devil May Cry
Hitman Absolution
Sleeping Dogs
Far Cry 3
Saints Row: The Third
Company of Heroes 2
GRID 2

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Wanted to ask one thing.

& I thought these ran better on AMD cards HARDOCP - Introduction - Fall 2012 GPU and Driver Comparison Roundup

*www.hardocp.com/article/2012/03/22/nvidia_kepler_gpu_geforce_gtx_680_video_card_review/9#.Ud6SIvml5lc

Need to buy an AGP card... Thinking about HD 4670 from Aliexpress.. done anyone have experience buying from the site? Are there any better alternatives for 4670?

Last edited:
Top Bottom