Graphics Cards related queries here.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
The seller is in USA and eBay will get it for you to India.

Duties, shipping etc. Price much higher than normal.

yup, it is a dumb question and also the thing which you are asking explanation for.

Every generation has a low-end, mid-end and high-end. You're comparing a lowest card of HD 7000 series with a mid-end card of HD 6000 series. You may also want to check the price they retail for. HD 7750 can be had for 6K whereas HD 6850 is around 9K.

Why not compare HD 6850 with HD 7850 and see? Or why not compare HD 6970 with HD 7970. Also check the performance they offer for the power they consume. There you get your answer.

If you are into buying a card, tell your budget and we'll suggest you the right card.

so its not true that 7000 series is better than 6000 series ...
i found these differences between 7750 and 6850:
psu: 500W min for 6850 and 450W min for 7750
Ram: 1GB min for 6850 and 4GB min for 7750
and some more (source: amd site) ..
im planning to buy one gfx card .. have limited budget .. found that 6850 is expensive than 7750 ..
so 6850 is out of my budget .. looking for around 5-7k ... which is better (im also open for nvidia) ...

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
so its not true that 7000 series is better than 6000 series ...
Have I said so? Your asumption is silly. Just having a higher number doesn't make a card better. And just because the low-end card is slower than the previous high-end card (this has always going to be the case) doesn't make a series bad. And yes, HD 7000 series is better than HD 6000 series - head to head. Performance, power consumption and compute performance all included.

We have GT 630 which sells for 4K. We had GTX 580 which sold for 27K. Will I say nVidia's 600 series is bad because GT 630 is slower than GTX 580?

Coming to your question, spend a bit more and get HD 7770. Otherwise HD 7750 is the best option you have.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Windows Aero doesn't run for long in my laptop with 128MB geforce 8400M GS... is the GPU really isn't able to handle windows aero?? sometimes lappy also freezes after watching video for long , specially while streaming from web

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Windows Aero doesn't run for long in my laptop with 128MB geforce 8400M GS... is the GPU really isn't able to handle windows aero?? sometimes lappy also freezes after watching video for long , specially while streaming from web

it would be a good choice to disable Aero. about freezes try updating the flash player. also check if the issue persists when playing WebM/HTML5 videos (in chrome).

to test WebM, just disable Flashplayer in chrome and try watching youtube videos.

EDIT: and i think that "8400 GS" gave away your previous alias (if any) ;)

Raja Ram

Right off the assembly line
Graphic card under 2.5k please suggest

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a graphic card which cost around 2k(just wondering if i can get one). I like to play games like Dishonoured, Assasin Creed 4,Crysis 3 etc...
I would be gladly happy if i can get a graphic card where i can play games at mid level.

PC Config
Motherboard -ASUS P8H67-M Pro
Processor - Intel i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00Ghz
RAM -4GB
Screen Resolution - 1280 x 1024

Thanks in advance.....:-o

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
under 2k you can get a GT210 but you won't be able to play the games you've mentioned .. better increase the budget to 3.8K atleast to get a HD 6570..

Cilus

laborare est orare
Infact HD 3000 in i5 offers better performance than GT 210 in most of the games and HD playback. So better get a goof GPU.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Who handles GALAXY RMA ?? Any prior experience regarding this ?

And think twice before calling Zotac a crappy brand..
They are the only brand that offers 3+2 year warranty along with good service support

Here are some past reviews that makes Galaxy my No.1 choice

*www.google.com/url?q=*www.hardocp....ds-cse&usg=AFQjCNFLD6WVFN_Wlwas5DA0nt_WRdLQHA

*www.google.com/url?q=*www.hardocp....ds-cse&usg=AFQjCNF9aPdaXXQNU7R0qPtA6CsWtGwNmA

MSI Lightening and Galaxy are my preferred choices. If ASUS and Gygabyte launches a good ocing 770 or 780 with good aftermark cooler and power saving mechanism, I will always go for it. Titan is a TERRIBLE value for money, so 770 and 780 are sweet spots for gaming @ 2560 X 1600 resolution

Last edited:
dude, service RMA experience is an important part while choosing a brand.. who handles Galaxy RMA ??

I didn't get your question. But I believe, Galaxy is a reputed brand just like XFX, ASUS, MSI, GB so their service RMA should be good. I don't know who provides RMA of Galaxy

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Just because it's a reputed brand doesnt mean RMA will be good
Just search around TDF to find horror stories regarding XFX RMA (Rashi Peripherials)
Galaxy and Sparkle are not well known brands in India, no one has prior experience whether their warranty will be good, if you want to go for it.. atleast find out who handles their RMA.. If it's Rashi, avoid at all costs

Raja Ram

Right off the assembly line
Re: Graphic card under 2.5k please suggest

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a graphic card which cost around 2k(just wondering if i can get one). I like to play games like Dishonoured, Assasin Creed 4,Crysis 3 etc...
I would be gladly happy if i can get a graphic card where i can play games at mid level.

PC Config
RAM -4GB

Thanks in advance.....:-o

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the reply, i would like to play games like Assasin Creed 4,Gta V,Crysis 3 etc.......
1>>>Can anyone suggest me "List of Graphic Card" around 4.5k(minimum price of graphic cards to play above games)
2>>>Also can u guys tell me graphic cards that support my motherboard(so tat i decide which one to buy)

PC Config
RAM -4GB

Also please suggest me which graphic cards are better(Nvidia Gpu or AMD Gpu)

Top Bottom