Graphics Cards related queries here.

nikku_hot123

In the zone
^^i know how to get playable framerates. But i am just asking why it's not getting scaled according to the size of the screen without native resolution.?

rst

Youngling
thanks. so which one should he buy?

1. MSI HD7750 power edition : OCed to 900MHz [external POWER is required]
MSI R7750 Power Edition 1GD5/OC Graphics Card - MSI: Flipkart.com

2. Sapphire HD7750 at stock 800mhz
Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7750 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card - Sapphire: Flipkart.com

3. Power color HD7750 @ stock 800mhz
PowerColor AMD/ATI HD 7750 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card - PowerColor: Flipkart.com

4. Asus HD7750 @ 820MHz
Asus AMD/ATI HD 7750 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card - Asus: Flipkart.com

all of them are priced around 7.3k and all have 1GB GDDR5 memory

MSi HD7750 power edition seems pretty awesome VFM, but can a local 450W PSU handle its power requirements? [PSU with 19A on +12V acc to the sticker]

All are good.
I bought power color 7750 for rs. 6600 (from dehradun market)
So first try to get card from your local market.

mrsam1999

Broken In
My 4 year old xfx 9800 gtx+ has gone bad and i cant boot my pc with it anymore (shows black screen on boot up). I dont think after 4 years the warranty will be valid, so i want to repair it. Can anyone tell where in kolkata is the repair centre for xfx or nvidia graphics card ? *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/clear.gif

mrsam1999

Broken In
Well i bought the msi gtx 650 1 gb ddr5 video card today. But to my dismay, when i plug it in and started my pc, i get no video signal. My pc is i7 920, intel dx 58so mobo, zebronics 600 realwatts pro, 3 gb ddr3 ram, acer al 1716 17" monitor. Please help me pals !!

d3p

PowerHouse
My 4 year old xfx 9800 gtx+ has gone bad and i cant boot my pc with it anymore (shows black screen on boot up). I dont think after 4 years the warranty will be valid, so i want to repair it. Can anyone tell where in kolkata is the repair centre for xfx or nvidia graphics card ? [/URL]

Well i bought the msi gtx 650 1 gb ddr5 video card today. But to my dismay, when i plug it in and started my pc, i get no video signal. My pc is i7 920, intel dx 58so mobo, zebronics 600 realwatts pro, 3 gb ddr3 ram, acer al 1716 17" monitor. Please help me pals !!

I guess, your PSU is the main reason, why your 9800GT+ went kaput & now your new GPU is not working.

Just a guess coz the brand says it all.

husky

Right off the assembly line
hey guys, can i run a HD7770 on a 450W UMAX PSU ? it claims to deliver 25A on +12V ? and afaik HD7770 consumes 80W max. [10W more than my old zotac GT240 1GB GDDR5 which consumes 70W max]

BhargavJ

In the zone
Is it possible to OC the graphics card alone, not the main processor and RAM, and does this work with any regular motherboard or do you need to buy special OCable stuff to do this?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Graphics card is a separate entity, you can consider it as a separate computer with Graphics Processing Unit (GPU), Ram and Motherboard...everything fused into a single package. When you plug it into the Motherboard, it works as a Co-Processor, handling the demanding Graphics tasks. So it can be overclocked separately without touching the speed of any other components, you can even overclock the GPU speed and Video Ram speed separately. Just make sure, your PSU is powerful enough to provide power for the overclocked Graphics card.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
hey guys, can i run a HD7770 on a 450W UMAX PSU ? it claims to deliver 25A on +12V ? and afaik HD7770 consumes 80W max. [10W more than my old zotac GT240 1GB GDDR5 which consumes 70W max]

Don't overclock any of the PC components and it should be fine.
It'd be best if you upgrade your PSU to something a lot better like Corsair CX430v2.
Is it possible to OC the graphics card alone, not the main processor and RAM, and does this work with any regular motherboard or do you need to buy special OCable stuff to do this?

If you just want to experiment, download MSI Afterburner and overclock the card with small increments. Should give you bit of a performance boost. And always keep the things Cilus mentioned in his post in your mind.

Cilus

laborare est orare
I won't recommend any kind of overclocking with Umax or any local PSU with 450w rated power. These psus' never provide their rated power and I am sure maximum you can get in 12V rail is below 20 Amp. If you are in tight budget, get atleast corsair VS350 Antec BP300. Both are below 2k.

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
I want to buy ATI HD7750.
But can't decide which one ?
Which of the following should I chose and why ?
I'm from Kolkata.

Sapphire HD 7750 HDMI OC Edition
Sapphire HD 7750 1 GB GDDR5
MSI R7750 Power Edition 1GD5/OC
Gigabyte GV-R775OC-1GI 1 GB GDDR5
Asus HD 7750 1 GB GDDR5

Top Bottom