Graphics Cards related queries here.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Hello, guys.
I am looking for a Graphics card in sub 8.5K range.
Currently, I have selected the Radeon HD7770 (non OC), that's retailing at 8.3K for a 1GB Sapphire card (including 5% VAT) @ CosttoCost, New Delhi.

I just want some suggestions from you guys, on whether I should go with the non OC edition, or, the OC edition, or a different card all together (may be a GTX650). May extend my budget a bit (by around 10%), if justified by the performance. I am not a gamer, but my younger brother is a casual gamer, who wants to play latest games, and more, he wants to do some 3D designing.

Apart from that, with regard to the HD7770, there's one more query. If I get a non OC edition, will I be able to OC it to boost the performance, or is there some kind of OCing restriction with a non OC card? I haven't had a dedicated graphics with my system, so, have no experience with that.

My Current System Specs are:
Processor: Intel C2D E4500 running OC'd at 2.8GHz
Motherboard: MSI G41M-P26 (1 x PCIE x16-v1.0 slot)
RAM: 2x4GB DDR3 Kingston VR
PSU: Corsair VS450 (with one PCIE 6 pin connector)
Cabinet: form factor MicroATX
I hope this info is relevant, the remaining are in my siggy.

Now, I'm finalizing the thing. Which one should I go with: a Gainward Nvidia GTX650 1GB which is costing me Rs. 6930 and Sapphire Radeon HD7770 for Rs. 8165. The difference is around Rs. 1100. Also, can anyone let me know what about Gainward? Though, I know that's a brand, I don't know much about it. It's Hardware Quality, Customer Service, etc.
Thanks for help, guys.

@Techfreak: Are you using an affiliate link? It's taking us to Flipkart landing page. This was the resulting url, when I clicked on that link: *www.flipkart.com/?affid=tyroo&cmpid=affiliate_promo_tyroo

rock2702

Padawan
Asus 7970 Matrix Platinum,this one is clocked higher than a GHz edition and performs well.Available in Online sites for around 33-34k.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Now, I'm finalizing the thing. Which one should I go with: a Gainward Nvidia GTX650 1GB which is costing me Rs. 6930 and Sapphire Radeon HD7770 for Rs. 8165. The difference is around Rs. 1100. Also, can anyone let me know what about Gainward? Though, I know that's a brand, I don't know much about it. It's Hardware Quality, Customer Service, etc.
Thanks for help, guys.

@Techfreak: Are you using an affiliate link? It's taking us to Flipkart landing page. This was the resulting url, when I clicked on that link: Online Shopping India - Shop Online for Books, Mobile Phones, Digital Cameras, Watches & More at Flipkart.com

Better go for HD 7770. Its worth spending the extra 1.1k.

rst

Youngling
Thanks for help, guys.

@Techfreak: Are you using an affiliate link? It's taking us to Flipkart landing page. This was the resulting url, when I clicked on that link: Online Shopping India - Shop Online for Books, Mobile Phones, Digital Cameras, Watches & More at Flipkart.com

go for 7750 1gb ddr5 from costtocost (save rs 500) :-D

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for help, guys.
Go with Sapphire HD 7770. It is a good 30% faster than GTX 650, so it is worth going for HD 7770. Plus, I don't have any idea about who handles Gainward's RMA.

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
my sapphire 4670 is having issues, the screen change color to white/colored lines(see pic, it's not of my screen but it is same) and after few seconds the screen shows "no signals" error. I've to restart my pc to fix this.
The card is out of warranty, is there any way to repair it?, and are there any shops for graphic repair in Delhi?

tkin

Back to school!!
my sapphire 4670 is having issues, the screen change color to white/colored lines(see pic, it's not of my screen but it is same) and after few seconds the screen shows "no signals" error. I've to restart my pc to fix this.
The card is out of warranty, is there any way to repair it?, and are there any shops for graphic repair in Delhi?
Try to visit Sapphire service center, but do not repair it if it costs over 500/- not worth it.

kishangupta

Broken In
Hi, I want to purchase a new GPU card. Kindly suggest me best option.

1. Which Power Supply do you have? (Be EXACT while naming the company and model)
Ans: Corsair GS600

2. What is your budget?
Ans:6 to 7 k

3. Which resolution will you game at?
Ans: Presently at 1280x720p, will upgrade my monitor soon.

4. What are your current computer specifications?
Ans: Processor : AMD Phenom II X4 945 (95W)
Motherboard : ASUS M2N68-MN Plus (will upgrade in 6 months)
RAM : 3GB DDR2 (2x1) (Will upgrade with motherboard)

kishangupta

Broken In
Which manufacture is better (ASUA or Sapphire or any other). If possible please mention complete name also.
Can any one suggest me from where I should buy in Bangalore.

My monitor is old one having only VGA port. Here it is showing that it do not have VGA port....

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Which manufacture is better (ASUA or Sapphire or any other). If possible please mention complete name also.

My monitor is old one having only VGA port. Here it is showing that it do not have VGA port....

You can buy Sapphire HD7770 1GB @8.3k or Sapphire HD7750 1GB @6.6k at Golchha Computers,Opp:Amar Radio Corporation,SP Road,Bangalore.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

You'll need a DVI-I to VGA converter or cable. Most probably you'll get with your card. Then you can use your monitor.

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
hey guys, my friend is upgradeing from his 9600GSO :-D he's looking for a GPU in 7-7.5k price range. and since he's using a local 450W PSU [Umax 450W] there is only one option in his mind, HD7750. which one is better? Gigabyte GV-R775OC-2GI 2 GB DDR3 [OCed 7750 with 2GB DDR3] or ASUS/Sapphire HD7750 [@stock speed] with 1GB GDDR5 memory?

d3p

PowerHouse
hey guys, my friend is upgradeing from his 9600GSO :-D he's looking for a GPU in 7-7.5k price range. and since he's using a local 450W PSU [Umax 450W] there is only one option in his mind, HD7750. which one is better? Gigabyte GV-R775OC-2GI 2 GB DDR3 [OCed 7750 with 2GB DDR3] or ASUS/Sapphire HD7750 [@stock speed] with 1GB GDDR5 memory?

Since HD7750 is a low end card, i would prefer to go with the 1GB GDDR5 variant than the 2GB GDDR3.

Top Bottom