Graphics Cards related queries here.

Therapist

Broken In
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

62c on load? What kind of load? That looks like the load generated by pacman(or mario)?? :lol:

Jokes aside, those are pretty nice temps, best as seen by me so far, for HD48xx series load below 90c is ok.
My bad. I meant 82°C at load. With the fan set to 65%, I have seen it hit 79°C at the max. I need to create some fan profiles, because the current one doesn't crank the fan beyond 20%.

I asked because installed air filters on all vents, and that's slowed down the airflow a bit. I know that the card is designed to handle temps of over 100°C without a sweat, but I wanted to know what readings the people over here are recording. Feedback's appreciated, btw.

abhidev

Human Spambot

Hey guys a quick question...i hv MSI R5770 which has a display port and a LG LCD 21.3inch with a dvi-d port. So if i use a dvi to display port adapter, will it be of any advantage?

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

primeabgb is the best.....
problem with E-Lounge is shop timing....

primeabgb is costly though....

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

Hey guys a quick question...i hv MSI R5770 which has a display port and a LG LCD 21.3inch with a dvi-d port. So if i use a dvi to display port adapter, will it be of any advantage?

DisplayPort has many advantages over HDMI however and is very powerful. It performs with relatively low power-consumption, has a low pin count and can transmit data at 10.8 Gigabits/second, supporting resolutions up to 2560x1600 (WQXGA) and possibly beyond. It can perform properly over a length of cable up to 15 meters in length, which many see as a great advantage over HDMI.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

@abhi: nope some difference will be there but not much.....overall prime is well known & trusted in digit forum

abhidev

Human Spambot

DisplayPort has many advantages over HDMI however and is very powerful. It performs with relatively low power-consumption, has a low pin count and can transmit data at 10.8 Gigabits/second, supporting resolutions up to 2560x1600 (WQXGA) and possibly beyond. It can perform properly over a length of cable up to 15 meters in length, which many see as a great advantage over HDMI.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

@abhi: nope some difference will be there but not much.....overall prime is well known & trusted in digit forum
ya it may be a trusted dealer but when i went there to get a new cabinet (HAF-922) he told me the cost as 6.8k...where as i bought it from another shop for 6.2k

my LCD has max resolution of 1920X1080...so if i use this adapter and play games...will it be of any use to me....?

also i hv a corsair vx550...so will it be sufficient for crossfire....or i hv to upgrade the psu?

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

display port converter cost a lot. don't waste so much on a converter only. i head it cost close to 100$ (in toms hardware).

rajan1311

Padawan

display port converter cost a lot. don't waste so much on a converter only. i head it cost close to 100$ (in toms hardware).

comes for $20 now, sapphire selling them...display port -> DVI ....a pretty recent thing, will try to dig up the link..

here it is...
SAPPHIRE- HOME

Last edited:

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

Yeah, if the EVGA reference was available here, that would've been awesome, pov also has a reference design, not so sure about the availability and service here though.

If this one dies I WILL NEVER BUY ANY AMD PRODUCT(AND XFX) :-x

You really got nice card there, nice temps.

Well,thanks!

Here is an another example of XFX RMA in Kolkata !

BTW,I have sent my brother's Palit 9600GT through one of my friend.
Good thing is I have found my original purchase bill.
But,still no news from him yet.....

Does that mean we have none to trust? Rashi,now Akshay even....:banghead:

What choice do we have for nvidia cards? Palit(widely available) or others(cant find any atm)? Even MSI comes by order and advance!!! :mad:

Revolution

Wise Old Owl

Palit is widely available and its cheap also but I will keep away from Palit.
Yesterday,Tirupati refused to take Palit card from my friend.
They told that the card got physical damage.....:shock:
I swear,I had done nothing with that card.
Fcking Tirupati told to take the card to reseller(M.D.Computer)...:x
I have to off my work and will go to M.D.Computer next week.
No idea what will happen ....:(

Arnab boss

In the zone

guys wht abt the card market..is msi r5770 hawk is available now...i have been detached abt month so no idea and want a card within 10k...!!! just returned frm holiday in thailand..!!

Therapist

Broken In

guys wht abt the card market..is msi r5770 hawk is available now...i have been detached abt month so no idea and want a card within 10k...!!! just returned frm holiday in thailand..!!
Well, if you would've had one less massage, you could've afforded the GTX460.

surinder

Tech addict

Can I get unprocessed full audio stream from my games and my (5.1 channel audio equipped) video files mostly MKV connecting 5770's HDMI out to AVR's (Onkyo 807) HDMI in.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Thanks, hopefully this card will last sometime :lol: no more stress test for me, XFX is NOT EVGA(9800GTX+ ran kombustor unlocked for 3 hours, damn good card).

Not sure, they might but it all depends upon your approach, they have serious feud with shops about selling to customers so they kept mum about any price information I asked them about, but a guy in another forum claimed they do.

But their after sales support is excellent, this is what they did, they gave the card for rma, as soon as it was accepted by XFX they gave a new card(from own stock) to me, its much better than rashi, turn around time is 3 weeks, fair, given that rashi takes about a month least and intel takes 3 months for mobos.

PS: How much do you think I can sell this card for in kolkata a few months later? I might get a new system next year and may end up selling the HD5850(gonna get evga)

Thanks for informing :p

BTW, I don't think their after sales service is excellent - you have seen the link posted by Revolution - right ??

I can give you one more where they completely refused to give any kind of warranty on a card.

Not giving warranty for XFX 8600 GT in Kolkata

XFX Complaints - Not giving warranty

Nah, no good games out now, I was looking forward to Singularity but friends say its not that good, mafia 2 looks way too short and easy compared to the first one, blur is crap, just playing borderlands now, installed crysis warhead and BFBC2 to test my GPU but I've played them a dozen time, thinking about starting fallout 3 again.

Singularity is a very good game - playing it currently - just give it a try and you will like it :p

Piyush

Lanaya

all types of gtx 460 1gb compared
some shocking results await u here :)

Roundup: Nine GeForce GTX 460 1 GB Boards Benchmarked : Shuffling Through The Cards

dkeny5

Right off the assembly line

At your budget, there is only one performance card, ATI Radeon HD 5650. It is a great DirectX 11 card and can play almost all current and upcoming games in a resolution upto 1600X1200 (in high or medium setting). So if you have a 19" or 20" monitor it is the best buy.
There are three option

MSI HD5670 1GB GDDR5 @ 6.3k
Sapphire HD5670 512MB GDDR5 Artic Cooling @ 5.5k
Sapphire HD5670 512MB GDDR5 @ 5.2k

My suggestion will be the 512 MB version, as the 1 GB version will not deliver high performance boost. Only in some higher resolution, it will have a little advantage.

And one question, do you have a good PSU or generic one? just let is know before buying the card. Because a good PSU is also very important to run a good card.

I have increased my budget to around 16k now. I looked up and i am thinking of buying Nvidia GTX 460 1GB. So should i go for ZOTAC, Palit or MSI? Also I have a Samsung P2370MS (Samsung Konect Plus Multi Function 1080p Full HD) Monitor, and it has got both HDMI and DVI ports.
I have a 400W I Ball power supply.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7500
Motherboard: Gigabyte EG41MF-US2H
RAM: 4 GB

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

I have increased my budget to around 16k now. I looked up and i am thinking of buying Nvidia GTX 460 1GB. So should i go for ZOTAC, Palit or MSI? Also I have a Samsung P2370MS (Samsung Konect Plus Multi Function 1080p Full HD) Monitor, and it has got both HDMI and DVI ports.
I have a 400W I Ball power supply.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7500
Motherboard: Gigabyte EG41MF-US2H
RAM: 4 GB

With that system,I would not put another foot forward without considering a PSU upgrade at the least.
A corsair VX450 @ 3.7k,or maybe gigabyte 460W @2.2k or FSP Saga II 500W @ 2.8k should be considered.

About the GTX 460, Zotac should be avoided. Though my Palit doesnt give me problems,MSI cyclone should be cooler.

Top Bottom