Graphics Cards related queries here.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Guys tell me some benchmark utilities to bring GF9800GTX+ to sleep :D. Know what I mean? I can't wait for Fermi. Are there any rumors or somethin'?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Guys tell me some benchmark utilities to bring GF9800GTX+ to sleep :D. Know what I mean? I can't wait for Fermi. Are there any rumors or somethin'?

use furmark gpu burn in test. It will take the hell out of any gpu if used for a long period of time :p

*www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

Play Burnout Paradise to Burn the Fan & every component of ur card...or put kerosene...
to get maximum temperature.....:-D

Btw what is Fermi?

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

Crysis Warhead on max with full AA will beat the **** out of your card :D

emperor_ankit

Broken In

guys my 8800gt went sleep a week ago, now the service centre's offering me 9800gt as 8800gt is not available (after paying the price difference of 1200 bucks).
could you tell me if this card is compatible with my motherboard MSI K9 NEO V3?
also, is this good? or should i take a credit note and go for gtx260? they're only giving me a credit note 0f 4000 :( bought the card for 13500 :( <sob>

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

guys my 8800gt went sleep a week ago, now the service centre's offering me 9800gt as 8800gt is not available (after paying the price difference of 1200 bucks).
could you tell me if this card is compatible with my motherboard MSI K9 NEO V3?
also, is this good? or should i take a credit note and go for gtx260? they're only giving me a credit note 0f 4000 :( bought the card for 13500 :( <sob>

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

1) 9800GT is compatible with your board
2) it's a VFM card for 19" or 20" displays
3) Remember that X2 5600+ could bottleneck GTX260 and if you don't have a FullHD, there is no use in going for GTX260.
4) better save money and get DX11 next year. Till then 9800GT should do well for you.

Dont pay even a single rupee for 9800 GT, coz its only a renamed 8800 GT, not more than 2% performance difference (if any at all). Insist on getting the card with paying any amount.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

Thank you, people. Awesome response. I'll try out FurMark & Crysis WARHEAD, I'll soon post the screens too. But, I see no difference between 2x and 4x AA in Crysis series. I'll try out with supersampling 16xQ AA through nHancer. But a new fear arose for me, what if it really goes to sleep? Or DIE!? OMG! :blank: I'll be :blackeye:.

@asigh: No! No! No! Encourage me by sayin' this card is good for gamin' at 1440x900 :D. I have to convince my father to buy me. I can't buy a GPU myself for another 2 yrs or so. He's sayin' no GPU till Feb., it's good right? Know why? I should be :reading:.

@KaranTh85: Fermi's new generation of NVIDIA cards. GT300 series which'll have DX11 support with the infamous PhysX. I can't buy an ATI card, they sh*t! No offense to ATI buddies. :chinscratch:

From what I've seen DX11 isn't what you think it is. Unigine benchmark was so bullsh*t, there was no stairs at all in DX10!

DX10:
*i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp302/nvidiageek/off.jpg

DX11:
*i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp302/nvidiageek/on.jpg

DX11 Road Texture:
*i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp302/nvidiageek/6p5h5y.jpg

DX10 Road Texture:
*i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp302/nvidiageek/120091105110021.jpg

WTF!? :deadbored:

Take a look at the textures in Crysis DX10:
*i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp302/nvidiageek/screenshot0012yh5.jpg
Crysis FTW! :thumbs:

Final word:
Don't think DX11 will do wonders. Tessellation is great for screens, that's all, in reality, it'll cost you fps greatly. Maybe GT4xx and HD6xxx will be powerful enough to process those "promised" things in DX11. Who agrees with me?

Last edited:

arun181818

Right off the assembly line

I bought a Palit 9400gt recently. It is working well. The thing is, there is a connector provided with the card and I don't know what to do with it (I haven't connected it to anything). Those Palit guys didn't even give a hardware manual (except for the software installation manual).

The card also has a socket (where the sli bride is) and I have encircled it in the photo. Here are the photos. Please tell me what to do.

*i48.tinypic.com/zwew4w.jpg

*i49.tinypic.com/2els5t1.jpg

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

^It's audio output if you connect ye'r card to your HDTV or somethin' like that. But, I have it connected. Take a look below.

*i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp302/nvidiageek/zwew4w-1.jpg

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Thank you, people. Awesome response. I'll try out FurMark & Crysis WARHEAD, I'll soon post the screens too. But, I see no difference between 2x and 4x AA in Crysis series. I'll try out with supersampling 16xQ AA through nHancer. But a new fear arose for me, what if it really goes to sleep? Or DIE!? OMG! :blank: I'll be :blackeye:.

@asigh: No! No! No! Encourage me by sayin' this card is good for gamin' at 1440x900 :D. I have to convince my father to buy me. I can't buy a GPU myself for another 2 yrs or so. He's sayin' no GPU till Feb., it's good right? Know why? I should be :reading:.

@KaranTh85: Fermi's new generation of NVIDIA cards. GT300 series which'll have DX11 support with the infamous PhysX. I can't buy an ATI card, they sh*t! No offense to ATI buddies. :chinscratch:

From what I've seen DX11 isn't what you think it is. Unigine benchmark was so bullsh*t, there was no stairs at all in DX10!

DX10:

DX11:

DX11 Road Texture:

DX10 Road Texture:

WTF!? :deadbored:

Take a look at the textures in Crysis DX10:

Crysis FTW! :thumbs:

Final word:
Don't think DX11 will do wonders. Tessellation is great for screens, that's all, in reality, it'll cost you fps greatly. Maybe GT4xx and HD6xxx will be powerful enough to process those "promised" things in DX11. Who agrees with me?

Man, how could you miss the main thing. You card does not support Dx11...?? So you will see jack difference..!!!! Unless those screen shots were not rendered on your system..?

Regarding Tessellation, it will not eat too much FPS, cause the 5xxx cards have the engine built in. It can process it side-by-side to the rest of the stuff...!

Man your card is fine, for your resolution. As said before, do not take Crysis/Warhead as the benchmark. Study man, it will pay off later. Then you can use or your disposable income on hardware --- like I do...! :)

tanvir_87

Broken In

hey guys
i m buying a new imac 21.5 inch
you can have a look at it in the following link
*www.apple.com/in/imac/
now in here i m getting two graphic card options NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory3 and
ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics processor with 256MB of GDDR3 memory
which one shold i go for ????

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

hey guys
i m buying a new imac 21.5 inch
you can have a look at it in the following link
*www.apple.com/in/imac/
now in here i m getting two graphic card options NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory3 and
ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics processor with 256MB of GDDR3 memory
which one shold i go for ????

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

@asigh: You've told what I expected. Thank you. It is not mine, a guy with HD5870 posted it. The main thing 'bout that is DX10 can do more if it's used properly. Look at that Crysis screenshot, it looks much like DX11. I think DiRT 2 didn't do justice to DX11. I hope Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will be a great DX11 game. I fear that, by the time I start earnin', will there be games like it is now? I love keyboard + mouse thingy. Will there any revolutionary changes in 'bout 10 years?

Top Bottom