Graphics Cards related queries here.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Drivers:
Please...its just as good and bad for both teams. I can show you umpteeen threads / reviews about people complaining about nVidia drivers. ATI releases a new driver every month...! :)

Yeah, drivers are similar, even in this forum, nvidia drivers are as good/bad as ATI as I have noticed.

Yup, Know all of them has bugs and they release fixes :p

BTW, I meant that for Linux driver support. Still now ATI don't has very good driver support for linux OSes. As there are very little game support for linux they are not so interested in making good linux drivers.

ATI drivers are headache under Linux. Better go with Nvidia if you use Linux.

Yup, as of now anyone wish to use their GPU under linux should get nvidia but I beleive ATI will improve driver support for linux in the future.

xbonez

NP : Crysis

agreed GTX 295 is the fastest. but for a far lesser cost, 2 x 5850s CF perform better.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

A 5870 is more than enough for today's needs. Let the games catch up.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

5870 is a waste of money considering the performance gain over 5850.

Depends.....

The 5870 scales > AVG 10-15 then the 5850 -- and it is the highest end part. I think it is fine. That much FPS can make a difference in the gaming world, and I am sure, it will run much better with all eye-candy on..!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

i said it's a good card. I haven't tried both of them and can't judge which one is better :)

my mind says Palit is the better one.

Top Bottom