Graphics Cards related queries here.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

^^^not at all. 6.5k is reasonable price for HD5750. 9.5k means that you can go for GTX260 or HD4870.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

yes. and being new doesn't mean faster. it's a stripped down card and though it supports dx11, it cannot do gaming at FullHD resolution. if can wait, then wait till ATI slashes prices of HD5770 to sub10k and then grab one.

going for HD5750 is waste right now.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

maybe a month.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
The only reasonable priced (just a bit) card right now is HD5850 at 17k. HD5750 and HD5770 are grossly overpriced and for VFM, I would give them 3 out of 10 points.

Last edited:

Y should I go for Palit GTX 260 instead of HD 4870 1gb?

Specific reasons??

My rig:
AMD phenom II 940@3.00GHz | ga-ma78gm-s2h | Corsair TX 650 | CM 690 |WD 500GB | 2x2Gb Kingston @800Mhz | Samsung 2233sw

tkin

Back to school!!

Y should I go for Palit GTX 260 instead of HD 4870 1gb?

Specific reasons??

My rig:
AMD phenom II 940@3.00GHz | ga-ma78gm-s2h | Corsair TX 650 | CM 690 |WD 500GB | 2x2Gb Kingston @800Mhz | Samsung 2233sw
Because its faster and by a good margin in most games, also supports PhysX, but lacks DX10.1 support in compared to HD4870, but DX10.1 is used on a very few games(HAWX), PhysX is used on more games(ex- batman AA, Mirror's Edge) so GTX260 is better and VFM.
If you have mobo with 2 PCIX X16 slots get a cheap nVidia GPU(9800GT) now and later upgrade to a powerful DX11 GPU(must also be nVidia, nVidia drivers disable PhysX if it detects AMD cards, a hack is being worked on, but not very successful), then use the 9800GT for PhysX calculation, really good option.

My few cents:
Its a bad time to buy a DX10/10.1 GPU, DX11 has launched and new cards with cheap prices will hit shelf in a few months, no point in buying an expensive outdated(DX10/10.1 both outdated) GPU now-a-days,

emperor_ankit

Broken In

if this is your board *en.kioskea.net/guide/details/959824-msi-k9n-neo-f-v3, then it should support phenom II X4 but I wouldn't suggest that as bhaskar had few issues with using am3 processor on am2 board (though am2+ board is pretty good).

right now, dx11 cards are very very overpriced and it's better if you can wait for a month or two for this.

i took out my smps kicked it around and reconnected and its working now :D display in all glory :D jsut a nag: the smps has switches for 113Amp/230Amp, its always been at 113Amp.. should it be at 230Amp for 8800gt to max out?

Also, if i'm looking to grab a quadcore cpu with new mobo and gcard, can i use 8800gt on sli with say, gtx260 or maybe 295? or should i opt for dedicating 8800 to physX and use 260/295 for gaming?

also, any idea wat price i can grab for my 2yr old rig: athlon 64x2, 2gb corsair 667, 500gig, asus lightscribe, antec 450V smps, mercury full tower cab, msi k9neo f v3, xfx 8800gt alpha dog

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ It's voltage selector slider switch not a ampere selector though and if you live in here and your ups's output voltage is also 230V then you should set it to 230V. You are just running your components in under voltage which may harm you components later on.
Set that to 230V asap.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

@ emperor_ankit - why do u wanna sell ur rig? it's good...and will be good for another one year minimum....buy a new rig then

tkin

Back to school!!

i took out my smps kicked it around and reconnected and its working now :D display in all glory :D jsut a nag: the smps has switches for 113Amp/230Amp, its always been at 113Amp.. should it be at 230Amp for 8800gt to max out?

Also, if i'm looking to grab a quadcore cpu with new mobo and gcard, can i use 8800gt on sli with say, gtx260 or maybe 295? or should i opt for dedicating 8800 to physX and use 260/295 for gaming?

also, any idea wat price i can grab for my 2yr old rig: athlon 64x2, 2gb corsair 667, 500gig, asus lightscribe, antec 450V smps, mercury full tower cab, msi k9neo f v3, xfx 8800gt alpha dog
No, you can't SLI 2 different nvidia cards but you can use it for PhysX, only if use a nVidia card for main rendering. If you use an AMD card say 5850 then the PhysX is disabled.

Maybe you can get 8-10k, max 15k(find a loser) for that rig, don't sell now, hold on till next year, it has some juice left.

emperor_ankit

Broken In

^^ lol karta hoon :D btw check out thermaltake's Level 10 cabinet its awe--wait.for.it--someeee
Posted again:
@everyone
thanks for the advice :D
i wasnt planning selling ryt now anyway, more like wen mainstream nvidia dx11 are out and 295 prices superslashed :) i guess i would re-use most of the old h/w like smps,ram,hdd,gcard for physx;;; only mobo and cpu will have to go, maybe the cabinet too :)
say if i have 2x1gb corsair 667mhz rams, wen i upgrade do i need to get another 2x1gb corsair 667mhz rams? or could get 800mhz ones? or 2x2gb ones? to add with the existing? would they be compatible?

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!

^^ lol karta hoon :D btw check out thermaltake's Level 10 cabinet its awe--wait.for.it--someeee
Posted again:
@everyone
thanks for the advice :D
i wasnt planning selling ryt now anyway, more like wen mainstream nvidia dx11 are out and 295 prices superslashed :) i guess i would re-use most of the old h/w like smps,ram,hdd,gcard for physx;;; only mobo and cpu will have to go, maybe the cabinet too :)
say if i have 2x1gb corsair 667mhz rams, wen i upgrade do i need to get another 2x1gb corsair 667mhz rams? or could get 800mhz ones? or 2x2gb ones? to add with the existing? would they be compatible?
If you mix RAMS with different speeds and latencies then all run at lowest speed and highest latency(eg 2 667MHz and 2 800Mhz means all 4 run at 667MHz, same with latency, all run at highest latency), keeping speed/latency constant you can mix and match different types of RAMs.

Last edited:

sxyadii

Drifting in DIRT 2

0 ATI HD5850 graphics card are available in Nehrru Place...

sxyadii

Drifting in DIRT 2

yes.... 0 card,around 17k. I gone Nehru Place,ND to buy ATI HD5850 ..but not available

Top Bottom