Graphics Cards related queries here.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

availability of the HD5850s and 5870s are really poor everywhere. I've been wanting to buy a Sapphire/XFX/Asus 5850 or 5870 for almost 2 weeks now. The only ones that have some sort of availability are Diamond and Powercolor, but I'd rather not go for them.

Krow

Crowman

^Yup, you hit it right. Rumour has it that 40nm wafers were bought in huge numbers by nvidia for Tegra, so you are in a spot of bother due to ATI's slacking all that time.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

yes.... 0 card,around 17k. I gone Nehru Place,ND to buy ATI HD5850 ..but not available

Did you try SMC..?

availability of the HD5850s and 5870s are really poor everywhere. I've been wanting to buy a Sapphire/XFX/Asus 5850 or 5870 for almost 2 weeks now. The only ones that have some sort of availability are Diamond and Powercolor, but I'd rather not go for them.

Powercolor is fine. Using 2 of them. They are running just dandy...!

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

^^^Its 1GB and yea it's worth it...however I wud consider HD5770 for low power consumption and price of 11.5k or HD5850 for the ULTRA game experience.

sxyadii

Drifting in DIRT 2

Did you try SMC..?

Did you try SMC..?

yup, I also tried there.... is it worth to buy HD580 for playing games like GTAIV,DIRT 2,Crysis??? or is there suggestion about choosing gfx cards??

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

^^but HD5770's performance is nowhere near to what HD4890 gives. among these two, HD4890 is the one to go for or else go for HD5850.

so which one should I buy?

HD 4870
HD 4890
HD 5770
Palit GTX 260 sonic

budget around 10-12K

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
AMD phenom II 940@3.00GHz | ga-ma78gm-s2h | Corsair TX 650 | CM 690 |WD 500GB | 2x2Gb Kingston @800Mhz | Samsung 2233sw

Krow

Crowman

GTX275 is a great option instead of HD4890. Plus OP can use PhysX too. HD5850 is for the future proof one, GTX275 is the best of today's sub 15k lot.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

GTX275 is a great option instead of HD4890. Plus OP can use PhysX too. HD5850 is for the future proof one, GTX275 is the best of today's sub 15k lot.

GTX275 for 12k-13k will be a killer deal

Playing the Devils Advocate:

In the reviews, the HD4890 beats the GTX275 in some games (NOT CRYSIS), and usually pulls ahead at the 2560x high resolutions. This is probably due to more memory of 1GB (HD4890) vs 896MB (GTX275). Also the HD4890 has faster clocks, and is the supremo OC'er from the 48xx series. Though the GTX275 has a 512BIT memory bus width vs the HD4890 256-BIT, but the red team has GDDR5.

Also the HD4890 is slightly cheaper BUT the green team gives Physx.

:)

Now what you all say to that...................!

Krow

Crowman

It's a personal choice. :) Hardcore gamers for GTX275 and some looking for cheaper alternatives, 4890 (at little less performance).

Want to buy a new Gfx card

Hi all
I want to buy a new mid range gaming system for which I have allocated 10-12 k for a good graphics card. I posted this on a diff thread and was suggested to go for HD 5770 or GTX 260 Sonic, which are unfortunately not currently available with local vendors in Pune.
My dealer has instead suggested me the following

Power color ATI HD4870 Display card with 1 GB DDR 5 memory Rs.11000 /-

I have to buy my PC in next 7-8 days as I ve to submit the bills to my company (that means i can't wait for Fermi to come and prices to drop). Shall I go for the above graphics card? or should i go for some other graphics card?

Hoping for a good response as always.
Thanks in advance

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

It's a personal choice. :) Hardcore gamers for GTX275 and some looking for cheaper alternatives, 4890 (at little less performance).

And, that is what we want. To show them both sides of the pie, and they choose what to eat...! (HD4890 beats the GTX275 in some places)

Though why did you change your name --- previous was better. Took me a while to get used to it.

:)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ i think the present one is more short and sleek and easy to remember and type :p

BTW, I would go for GTX 275 anyday over HD4890 - sounds like a fanboy -
But I'm not - the strong plus point is better driver support and ofcourse PhysyX :p

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^ i think the present one is more short and sleek and easy to remember and type :p

BTW, I would go for GTX 275 anyday over HD4890 - sounds like a fanboy -
But I'm not - the strong plus point is better driver support and ofcourse PhysyX :p

Drivers:
Please...its just as good and bad for both teams. I can show you umpteeen threads / reviews about people complaining about nVidia drivers. ATI releases a new driver every month...! :)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Check this uber P55 motherboard:

*www.guru3d.com/imageview.php?image=20552

Here is the review link:
*www.guru3d.com/article/evga-p55-classified-200-review-test/2

Krow

Crowman

Yeah, drivers are similar, even in this forum, nvidia drivers are as good/bad as ATI as I have noticed.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect

ATI drivers are headache under Linux. Better go with Nvidia if you use Linux.

Top Bottom