Graphics Cards related queries here.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

hi friends,
wanna buy GPU worth 10K till end of OCT
Suggest any gud GPU.
Which of these is better, NVDIA GTX 260, ATI HD 4870 1GB, ATI HD 5770 1GB.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
hi friends,
wanna buy GPU worth 10K till end of OCT
Suggest any gud GPU.
Which of these is better, NVDIA GTX 260, ATI HD 4870 1GB, ATI HD 5770 1GB.

First of all which psu do you have ? and what are your other hardware specifications ?

abyss88

Broken In

hi guys, i have a nvidia 9800gtx+. as soon as i install latest drivers i only get a black screen after rebooting. i have to revert to old drivers 177.something that came with the cd. the problem is with all the drivers above 180....help me out

Krow

Crowman

^XP/Vista???
Chk this out:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121894
Similar problem I think, but no solution as of now. :(

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman

^If the older drivers are not giving any problem, then stick to them. Quite a few people are having issues with nvidia's newer drivers.

monkey

Padawan

hi guys, i have a nvidia 9800gtx+. as soon as i install latest drivers i only get a black screen after rebooting. i have to revert to old drivers 177.something that came with the cd. the problem is with all the drivers above 180....help me out

I too use 9800GTX+ om XP SP3 and have the latest drivers installed. But I never faced any problem (even with older drivers). I suspect something else is wrong with your system.

sundar07

Broken In

Buying a 4850 now would be a waste. Although it can fairly run all those mentioned games on Full HD. U 've waited too long for the card & now just wait little for prices to go down a bit for the Dx11 hardware.
when the price will go down??1-2 month ??

@ sundar07- get either GTX 260 or HD4870 1GB GDD5 edition cards

^+1 to GTX 260. Its better.
any idea abt the price of this card??
my budget is 7-8k max

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

GTX260 is around 10k right now and the best one to get is Palit GTX260 Sonic. costs around 10k and is a terrific card.

emperor_ankit

Broken In

hi m new here and trying to create a new thread about a hardware problem m facing but wenever i click 'new thread' it shows i dont have sufficient priviliges o_O help out plz, i think it may be related to my graphics card, can some one post a new thread on my behalf?
problem:
I turn on the pc, LEDs blink [red and green both] for long time before finally settling at green [just like at normal boot], no beeps.
but there is no display on the monitor. the LCD power just glows orange like its at standby..
monitor works with some one else's rig. so problem definitely with system unit.
my specs:
amd athlon 64 x2 5600+
2 x 1gb ddr2 corsair
xfx geforce 8800gt 512mb alpha dog
msi k9 neo v3 mobo
sata hdd and dvdrw
antec 450v psu

i believe there's no onboard graphics.
sometimes, after 40-50 tries of on/off of the ups, the machine starts up. but when shuts down it chokes on the same prob again wen next starting up :(

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

hi m new here and trying to create a new thread about a hardware problem m facing but wenever i click 'new thread' it shows i dont have sufficient priviliges o_O help out plz, i think it may be related to my graphics card, can some one post a new thread on my behalf?
problem:
I turn on the pc, LEDs blink [red and green both] for long time before finally settling at green [just like at normal boot], no beeps.
but there is no display on the monitor. the LCD power just glows orange like its at standby..
monitor works with some one else's rig. so problem definitely with system unit.
my specs:
amd athlon 64 x2 5600+
2 x 1gb ddr2 corsair
xfx geforce 8800gt 512mb alpha dog
msi k9 neo v3 mobo
sata hdd and dvdrw
antec 450v psu

i believe there's no onboard graphics.
sometimes, after 40-50 tries of on/off of the ups, the machine starts up. but when shuts down it chokes on the same prob again wen next starting up :(

did you try to use PSU and RAM on any other rig. these two are the usual culprits :)
Posted again:
hi, following is my system

AMD phenom II 940@3.00GHz | ga-ma78gm-s2h | Corsair TX 650 | CM 690 |WD 500GB | 2x2Gb Kingston @800Mhz | Samsung 2233sw

can you wait till end of November. By that time, HD5850 should be avilable inside 15k and will be a worthy buy. Else you can get HD5770 once it's prices gets below 10k. if it's urgent, go for Palit GTX260 Sonic.

Last edited:

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted

hi, following is my system

AMD phenom II 940@3.00GHz | ga-ma78gm-s2h | Corsair TX 650 | CM 690 |WD 500GB | 2x2Gb Kingston @800Mhz | Samsung 2233sw
that is a good system and gtx 260 sonic from palit is your best bet , but if you can wait for about a month then prices will fall and some new cards from nvidia are going to be launched . If u cant wait then go ahead with palit gts 260 sonic .

Krow

Crowman

^+1 to both rohan and desii. But really, who can't wait that much considering the performance gain? :)

can you wait till end of November. By that time, HD5850 should be avilable inside 15k and will be a worthy buy. Else you can get HD5770 once it's prices gets below 10k. if it's urgent, go for Palit GTX260 Sonic.
[
that is a good system and gtx 260 sonic from palit is your best bet , but if you can wait for about a month then prices will fall and some new cards from nvidia are going to be launched . If u cant wait then go ahead with palit gts 260 sonic .

So is it ok, if go for temp 2nd hand card?...........

Model # 8600 SE (512 MB)…working condition & 8 Months old.
Excepted Price:- 2.5k (slightly Negotiable)

is this ok till dec09?.......... after thanks giving ll buy new one.......:-D

emperor_ankit

Broken In

@desiibond

thanks i'll go check after office hours today..
i feel it maybe the PSU coz i also checked wiki for POST and it said NO BEEP = bad psu or disconnected processor
hope to god its not my graphices card.. bought it when it was 14k :(

btw do u suppose my mobo (msi k9 neo v3) will support amd phenom x4 should i wish to upgrade? which of the current market cards support DX11? from both nvdia/ati

Krow

Crowman

[

So is it ok, if go for temp 2nd hand card?...........

Model # 8600 SE (512 MB)…working condition & 8 Months old.
Excepted Price:- 2.5k (slightly Negotiable)

is this ok till dec09?.......... after thanks giving ll buy new one.......:-D

Is the IGP not enough? 2.5k hmmm... seems a waste of the money to me. But, if you need it, then get the card for ~2k.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

@desiibond

thanks i'll go check after office hours today..
i feel it maybe the PSU coz i also checked wiki for POST and it said NO BEEP = bad psu or disconnected processor
hope to god its not my graphices card.. bought it when it was 14k :(

btw do u suppose my mobo (msi k9 neo v3) will support amd phenom x4 should i wish to upgrade? which of the current market cards support DX11? from both nvdia/ati

if this is your board *en.kioskea.net/guide/details/959824-msi-k9n-neo-f-v3, then it should support phenom II X4 but I wouldn't suggest that as bhaskar had few issues with using am3 processor on am2 board (though am2+ board is pretty good).

right now, dx11 cards are very very overpriced and it's better if you can wait for a month or two for this.

can anyone tell me ATI RADEON 3450 256MB gfx card is equivalent(i.e. beat that or give performance like that) to which NVIDIA series.

Top Bottom