Graphics Cards related queries here.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Just learnt that the prices of 6600 GT series is coming down !!!! Can ne1 plzzz tell me if XFX 6600 GT 128 MB AGP (PVT43AND) Gfx Card is available in Kolkata and if it is then what is its current price !!!!! I currently hv 300 W PSU... do I need to get a 350 W one if I upgrade to a new Gfx card !!!!

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
it should be priced around 10k's ....

And yes the card should be available in Kolkatta .. i've got mine from here itself ...

And i'm also running my system on a 300W psu ...

aceman

Broken In
Hi guys this is my first post here,
after a long time time i finally decided to dump my fx5200 and go for a zebtronic 6800gt(AGP) this week end (I live in chennai,can directly walk int spencer plaza :twisted: ), will post a detailed review when i get my hands on it.Also have to cahnge the psu to 400watts, currently having a 300psu.
Can't wait to rsun Farcry,men of valor, Half life 2,SWAT4,silent hunter 3..........list..................continues.
currently running a 2800+,via,~760 Mb of ram,xfx fx5200.

Hi Team!
I have a pc with specs-
2.4Ghz CELERON processor,
256 MB ddr266mhz RAM(266MHz is the maximum that my motherboard-Mercury PVM266aM- supports)
and 300W smps.
Pls tell me which graphics card wud be the BEST for this Config.
My Budget is 3000-3250 Rs.
ps:i plan to add 256mb ram after a month or two.
Hoping to get a reply soon.
Thanks Team.

asdf1223

Journeyman
after a long time time i finally decided to dump my fx5200 and go for a zebtronic 6800gt(AGP) this week end (I live in chennai,can directly walk int spencer plaza
make sure u get the leadtek card and not zebronics's own card.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
@imagineer_aman : like i previously said .. get a 6200 ... it costs around 3800 and will last more than any other card ...

Can anyone here help me find a Radeon 9800 Pro. I've had it with 6600GT and the omnipresent shimmering (in FS9). Ebay has a few listings for Rs22K. LOL. 22K for a card that performs below par as opposed to 6600GT. No online stores in India have it. I don't know anyone in my neighbourhood who has it, else I'd have gladly swapped. :lol:

Keith

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Keith...I know the card is available in Bangalore but the reason why it is so expensive is cos its the platinum series which is available at the mo. The 9800 Pro's are hard to come by and even more so cos of the 6600GT's.

abhilash

Broken In
Anybody who can help me take a decision....???

I wanted to play games like HL2,Doom3,Farcry,ColdFear, & others that needs Pixel/Vertex shader...
The preferred resolution is 800 x 600. with unwanted eye candies like.. aa etc off(i can live without AA )

shud i go for geforce Fx 5950 or 6200 non Gt..

Fx series or 6 series..

Really confused.. Please help. ^_^

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@keith:I remember the Powercolor Radeon 9800Pro was around 13k.Now prolly it must have reduced for sure.Where are you from?
If in Mumbai i suppose Lamington road is the one-stop-shop.

@abhilash:On the Agp front i would definetly ask you to go in for the 5950 or the 5950Ultra.This card can handle games at fairly high resolutions and guess what you can have those eye candy added to a certain extent too.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
@abhilash : go for the FX5950 .. if u can then make sure u get the FX5950XT ... it'll whoop the gaming a** of a 6200 at any given time ....

arunbj

Broken In
Help me choose GFX card

Which is the best graphics card for 2000-2500 Rs? Which is the best model in GEFORCE 4 series and how much it costs?

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
get a XFX GeForce 6200 128mb 64bit mem. agp8x card .. its priced around 3800 bucks .. and will whoop the gaming a** of any other card in this budget ....

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Re: Help me choose GFX card

arunbj said:
Which is the best graphics card for 2000-2500 Rs?
Since Fx 5200 was then only choice back then now its a different option as you can get the Geforce 6200 (Non-Tc) 128MB Vram AGP 8X card.Low-End model for the Geforce 6 series but a great buy compared to the FX5200.Plus it also Supports SM 3.0 which might prove useful in future games though this card wont run them at high resolutions.

arunbj said:
Which is the best model in GEFORCE 4 series and how much it costs?
The best is Geforce 4 Ti4600 i suppose and the cost was somewhat around 4.4k sometime back not entirely sure though.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
QwertyManiac said:
for 2-2.5 k u can get a high mbed geforce mx ot ti card...
Lol.MX series are a joke for purchase @ such budget right now.Their whole core is now outdated.Plus Ti4600 is somewhat better than an FX5200 but no way is it better than an Geforce 6200.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
And its precisely for queries such as urs threads like these

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13761

exists. Thread reported.

Top Bottom