Graphics Cards related queries here.

Sambit

Right off the assembly line
AGP 4X card below 5000

Hi guys ,

I want an AGP card for my system that will let me play all the latest games in medium settings. My budget is around 4-5K( Even 2nd hand cards will do as this just a temporary upgrade till I can upgrade my whole system).
I dont want to go for those crappy FX 5200 cards(until and unless i have to). What other options do I have in that price range ?? How good will be radeon 9600 or 9550 ? Any other optins in Ati or nVidia ?
By the way I have a AGP 4X slot on my motherboard that accepts only 1.5V video cards. Now, I know that all 8x cards are downward compatible as far as speed is concerned ,but it may be the voltage that may give some incompatibility issue as 8X cards work on 0.8V.
So kindly suggest me card that will work on my mobo.

Thanks in advance
Sambit

abhilash

Broken In
OK guys ... I finally gave my Xfx 6200 256 mb Card back & took a Leadtek...a6600td 256mb GCard... feeling good now...(at least the box is much decent than the xfx i had... :) )i got 2 Game DVD rom's free.

Played all the games in max setting & didn't see any performance drop.
Happy with leadtek..... Still confused...Is it leadtech or leadtek?? am on a ride...checked the leadtek website ...saw the same box that i bought....What a relief...Phew !!! ..

Playing Cold Fear now.

Hi all,

I'd appreciate it if any of you gave a list of Bangalore retailers for gfx cards. I'm looking to buy a Radeon 9800Pro as my current (and all GeForce 6 series) cards have a shimmering issue with FS9.

I'm looking for a R9800Pro below INR 10,000 (which is reasonable given they retail for <$140)

Keith

Sambit

deathvirus_me said:
again an XFX GeForce 6200 agp8x 128mb 64bit mem. card ... priced around 3500 bucks ...

thanks a lot virus......but is it a good idea to buy a 64 bit version ??
and can you tell me few contacts( since ur also from kolkata) where i can get the AGP and non-TC version of 6200 ?

which is better radeon 9600 or nVidia 6200 ? I'll be playing mostly directx based games.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
well its the best card with the 64bit mem. most of the card in this range have 64bit mem. .... and the ones with 128bit mem. have less powerfull gpu ..... with this 6200 us hsould be able to play Doom 3 at 1024x768 , medium , 2x aa ..... which i think is better than the other cards in this budget range .....

personally i'd suggest u to wait some more time .. get some more bucks and get a 6600 .... that will be a good choice at this moment ...

U can contact "Eastern Logica" or "Sabu Peripherals" ... they will give u a very reasonable prices for the card ..... both are near chandni ....

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
deathvirus_me said:
well its the best card with the 64bit mem. most of the card in this range have 64bit mem. .... and the ones with 128bit mem. have less powerfull gpu ..... with this 6200 us hsould be able to play Doom 3 at 1024x768 , medium , 2x aa ..... which i think is better than the other cards in this budget range .....

personally i'd suggest u to wait some more time .. get some more bucks and get a 6600 .... that will be a good choice at this moment ...

U can contact "Eastern Logica" or "Sabu Peripherals" ... they will give u a very reasonable prices for the card ..... both are near chandni ....

Hi Virus, since you are from Kolkata and I am from Kolkata as well, I was wondering if you could provide me any contact who sell Leadtek cards in Kolkata. I enquired around Chandni, and I found no dealer who sell Leadtek. Some of them haven't heard of it also. They only stock Asus and XFX brand of cards. I am looking for a Leadtek 6600GT PCI-ex. Since I will be going for an upgrade in the near future (as discussed in a separate thread), this is very important. Saboo don't sell Leadtek cards.

BTW, which card do you use at present?

Ankit

Journeyman
well i am not a gaming freak...i am using the integrated graphics on a 845gbv motherboard...agp 4x interface...can you people suggest a good compatible gfx card within Rs. 3000 for casual gaming purpose...TV out is a must...and should be available easily in Mumbai...

Sambit

Ankit said:
well i am not a gaming freak...i am using the integrated graphics on a 845gbv motherboard...agp 4x interface...can you people suggest a good compatible gfx card within Rs. 3000 for casual gaming purpose...TV out is a must...and should be available easily in Mumbai...

well ...i had the same issue......... if you can extend ur budget by 800 bucks u can get 6200 128 MB AGP version which i myself bought two days back for 3800 ( with tax)......

Ankit

Journeyman
Sambit said:
well ...i had the same issue......... if you can extend ur budget by 800 bucks u can get 6200 128 MB AGP version which i myself bought two days back for 3800 ( with tax)......

well whihch make and model..does it have tv out...

Sambit

Ankit said:
Sambit said:

well whihch make and model..does it have tv out...

make is XFX......and model is PV-T43L-UA
it doesnt have a TV out
u can get 6200 cards with TV out as well but there is an issue
XFX..cards which hv TV out are 64 bit( model no PV-T44-WA and PV-T44-WA)
there is no card which has 128 bit mem interfaced as well as TV out....
so if TV out is must then u hv to settle for a 64 bit card......(which may cost u less than mine

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
I am looking for a Leadtek 6600GT PCI-ex.

sorry dude .. but u wont find any Leadtek retailers in Kolkatta ... u can try Eastern Logical .. they can ship it over from Mumbai ... a few extra bucks may be charged too .... but my curiosity bites .. why not XFX ???

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
@Virus: You must be knowing that the standard clock speed of XFX is 1GHz (standard for 6600GT) whereas for Leadtek it is somewhat higher (1120Mhz) and hence leads in a lot of benchmarks. I have used the following webpage as reference:

*graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20050404/geforce_6600-30.html

Leadtek, I think, is priced around 11.5k. So if I get a solid performer for a thousand more, I will take it.

Anyway, I will try Eastern Logical. Can you give me their contacts?

Thanks

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
Help Me chhosing Gfx card.

Guys I need a bit of help this time. I am going to assemble a midrange computer for my brother and the alloted budget for graphics card is rs 3k-3.5k. So I have only three choices in this price range.
1.XFX Fx 5700 128 MB 128 bit agp 8x
2.XFX 6200 128 MB 128 bit. agp 8x
3.Asus Rdeon 9600 128bit 128 MB.
But I cant decide between this two.So help me choosing.

As far I know the specs of these cards are as follows........
Fx 5700 Core clock 425 Mhz
Memory Clock 600 mhz.
Memory Bandwidth 9.6 gb/s
Pixel/clock 4
Direct x Support 9.0
Nvidia 6200.. Core clock 300 Mhz
Memory Clock 552 mhz
Memory Bandwidth 8.83 gb/s
Pixel/clock 4
Direct x support 9.0c
ATI Radeon 9600
Core clock 325 Mhz.
Memory Clock 400 Mhz
Memory Bandwidth 9.2gb/s
Pixel /clock 4
Direct x support 9.0

Price : Fx 5700 = Rs 3100
6200 = Rs.3200.
ATi 9600 = Rs.3600

But the problem is this 6200 seems to be more feature rich than 5700 which is I think relaively powerful card. 6200 supports pixel shader 3.0 as opposed to v2.0 in 5700.. Also there will be hardware support for the upcoming windows vista UI in 6200 where fx 5700 will only give software support.6200 is also less power hungry.
On the other hand Fx 5700 is a more powerful card and a bit cheaper too.(I've seen a 5700 running NFS 2 UG @ 1024*768 with 2x AA nd 4x AF where 6200 cant even manage 800*600 with AA nd AF turned on)
I personally dont like ATi because their's driver is not as good as Nvidia nd sometimes creates problem...
So what should I choose? Plz suggest.
Plz dont post things like "increase ur budget nd get 6600" coz I cant expand my budget anymore.
Thnx in advance..

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
If he's not heavily into games, then go for 6200. Think about future when you try to use Vista. But if he can shell out some more later on then 5700 is the way to go.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
I've seen a 5700 running NFS 2 UG @ 1024*768 with 2x AA nd 4x AF where 6200 cant even manage 800*600 with AA nd AF turned on

this is not true unless its a 6200TC ... plz dont mix up the TC and the nonTC ver. ... the 6200 easily manages NFSU2 at 1024*768 with 2x aa ....

Go for the 6200 ...

cybershastri

Journeyman
Keith Sebastian said:
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a Radeon 9800Pro as my current (and all GeForce 6 series) cards have a shimmering issue with FS9.

What do you mean by that? Can you please explain that in more detail? Does the GeForce 6 cards have some problem running FS9?

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
deathvirus_me said:
I've seen a 5700 running NFS 2 UG @ 1024*768 with 2x AA nd 4x AF where 6200 cant even manage 800*600 with AA nd AF turned on

this is not true unless its a 6200TC ... plz dont mix up the TC and the nonTC ver. ... the 6200 easily manages NFSU2 at 1024*768 with 2x aa ....

Go for the 6200 ...
Buddy that was a non tc version running on a p4 2.8 ht with 865 gbf nd 512 mb ddr 400 in dual channel.YTry running nfs 2 ug with both 2x aa nd 4 x af( Which I mostly use) nd u will feel jerking. U can paly the game but the smoothness is no more.
I told this coz i've seen 6200 in action.

Top Bottom