Graphics Cards related queries here.

aceman

Broken In
Hey Guys bought a Geforce 6800GT from Leadtech, graphics are amazing, though I play games only at 1024, anything more my monitor refresh rate goes down :cry: :cry: ,Currently playing SWAT4 and Men Of Valor ( after a series of patches of course)

Aparajith

Broken In
Hi guys,

Just enquired the rates. I wanted to go for quite a good graphics card. I have three queries :

1 . Should I go for LEADTEK or XFX 'cos my dealer says LEADTEK is better.

2. Should I go for a 128 MB 6600GT or 256 MB 6600 ? By the way what is the difference between the two. I use my system for lots of A/V encoding and graphics renderings. How much of an improvement will I achieve ? Will the extra cast between a 6600GT and 6600 be worth the money [ A diff. of around 4000 bucks ].

Thank u guys,

Aparajith .S

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Should I go for LEADTEK or XFX 'cos my dealer says LEADTEK is better.

i'd prefer xfx .. i'm using a 6600GT GE from xfx currently and am really very impressed ..

Should I go for a 128 MB 6600GT or 256 MB 6600 ? By the way what is the difference between the two. I use my system for lots of A/V encoding and graphics renderings. How much of an improvement will I achieve ? Will the extra cast between a 6600GT and 6600 be worth the money [ A diff. of around 4000 bucks ].

this also depends onthe rest of the system .... coz if ur processor bottlenecks the 6600GT the ur better off saving money by buying the 6600 ...

here is a bit of a comparison chart :

memory type : ddr
memory interface : 128 bit
core clock : 300
memory clock : 500

6600GT
memory type : ddr3
memory interface : 128 bit
core clock : 500
memory clock : 1000

so unless ur into gaming .. get a 6600 128mb ver. and save all the money for ram maybe ...

aceman

Broken In
Aparajith said:
Hi guys,

Just enquired the rates. I wanted to go for quite a good graphics card. I have three queries :

I myself would prefer Leadtech since you can directly drop in to zebtronics shop at spencer or Delta buy yourself a winfast at extremely competitive prices ( Since you are at chennai) and the Leadtech overclocks extremely well also.
XFX is also decent , though it might be a bit more costly, but if you want xfx drop in directly at rashi peripherals in egmore.
Stay away from the plain 6600 if you can , extra cash for the GT would be worth it.

ghost24

Right off the assembly line
help me

hi guys, im a liitle short on cash n can afford only geforce 6600 256mb pcie right now, which one should i go for??? i have been quoted 6500 for the xfx version and 5650 + tax for BIG, from big byte corporation.

abhilash

Broken In
On no...I am late by 2 days ...i shud have checked the forum...Gwwwaad... I am already owning a Geforce 6200 256 mb thingie...rite now....

do what now..lemme check if i can talk to the dealer if i can get a 5950Xt..its only 2 days Old & i played doom 3 demo omn that with all eyecandies on...except aa & at 800x600 resolution.. Is that good..???
Fps is 40+

Do what now...???
halp.
Regards,
abhi

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
bought a Geforce 6800GT from Leadtech, graphics are amazing, though I play games only at 1024

WTF ?? i got a 6600GT and i play games at 1280x1024 , maxed settings .. u should consider geting a new monitor dude ...

aceman

Broken In
deathvirus_me said:
WTF ?? i got a 6600GT and i play games at 1280x1024 , maxed settings .. u should consider geting a new monitor dude ...

Anything more than 1024 the refersh rate drops below >85hz in my Lg monitor (normal vesion not pure flat) maybe a 19 inch monitor can help out , but not in a position to buy one, at least till the month end ( so that i can get my sal :wink: )
but seeing the way I spent the last two months sal, my parents might kill me :lol: :lol: :lol: .

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Anything more than 1024 the refersh rate drops below >85hz in my Lg monitor (normal vesion not pure flat) maybe a 19 inch monitor can help out , but not in a position to buy one, at least till the month end

enable vsync on higher res. if the monitor doesn't support higher refresh rates at that res. .... i'm playing most of the games at 1280x768 ... monitor refresh rate tweaked to 90Hz .... coz my monitor supports 1280x1024 at 65Hz ....

harish_21_10

In the zone
hey guys i wanted to about which to go for between 6600gt and 6800.And also pls give the price for these two and also the price of 6800gt...tnx

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!

aceman said:
Aparajith said:
Hi guys,

I myself would prefer Leadtech since you can directly drop in to zebtronics shop at spencer or Delta buy yourself a winfast at extremely competitive prices ( Since you are at chennai) and the Leadtech overclocks extremely well also.
XFX is also decent , though it might be a bit more costly, but if you want xfx drop in directly at rashi peripherals in egmore.
Stay away from the plain 6600 if you can , extra cash for the GT would be worth it.

Yup.. if u r at chennai then its better 2 go 4 a LeadTek 6600GT (if ur opting solely for 6600GT and under not ne 6600/6600Gt dilemma) becoz the leadtek is factory overclocked (550/1120) and has better heat sink so u can get better performance than a XFX 6600GT 128 MB (500/1000) in normal non-overclocked mode. For rest of India, I think XFX 6600GT will rock !!! The one from leadtek will cost 11,500 bucks from Zebronics in Chennai.

neoalies

I own a Gigabyte 7VKMP-P Mobo. though it already got an Inbuilt display support but I am planning to buying a new graphic card. The mobo only supports 4x interface slot. please suggest me a good graphic card which got the 4x interface support.

Thanks !

raj14

In Deniel
So anybody knows the price of XFX GeForce 6800Ultra? i saw a BFG 6800Ultra seeling at 20k!(super bargain) at ebay.in(bazee.com) :D

raj14

In Deniel
neoalies said:
I own a Gigabyte 7VKMP-P Mobo. though it already got an Inbuilt display support but I am planning to buying a new graphic card. The mobo only supports 4x interface slot. please suggest me a good graphic card which got the 4x interface support.

Thanks !
an 8x AGP Card will automaticly scale down to work witha 4xAGP slot, you have quite a bunch of choices, mainly a GeForce 5200 if you're budget is low, you can get a XFX GF 5200 for Rs.2550/- wghich has 128MBsof Ram and offers Decent value. you can also go for an MSI VTD Series of FX5200s not only do have lots of free games, but their performance is also, quite good. though, i strogly recommend you go for a GeForce 6600GT AGP from LeadTek, it costs 11.5k, and with it, you cna play any game at high resolutiosn for isntance you can play Doom3 at 1024x768 with 2xAA and eye candy turned on and get a smooth Frame Rate! if you're budget ius slightly lower youc an go for a GeForce FX5700 or ATI 9600Pro, the 9600Pro offers high VFM< since priced only at 6k it can go head to head with sub 15k cards! FX5700 on the other hand isn't a Power house, but gets the job done; a Greta choice would be 9600XT from ATI a tasty performer it can play HL2 at High resolution with AA and AF, i don't know the latest price so :) if you're budget is High End, go for a 9800XT, you can also choose to go with ilks of 6800 or X800 but beware that these cards perform btter on PCI-E platform, and shall you choose to buy a AGP varient they will bea Overkill :shock: not to mention they are terribly expensive :!:

shaffysid

hello ppl,
help me out here,
which one of the two is a beter deal
nvidia 6200 with turbo cache
nvidia 6600 picex
will 6200 do gud with 512 mb ddr ram for games?

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
which one of the two is a beter deal
nvidia 6200 with turbo cache
nvidia 6600 picex
will 6200 do gud with 512 mb ddr ram for games?

the 6600 ofcourse ... and the 512 mb 6200 will not make much difefrence ...

Top Bottom