Graphics Cards related queries here.

Vaibhav Bishnoi

Broken In
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Hi guys
I just checked out Newegg XFX HD-485X-ZDFC Radeon HD 4850 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire
is available for $189.99 which something around 10k's and it requires only 450W power while same Palit 1GB 4850 is for 11.5k's and requires 550W+

So guys is this also available in NCR or somewhere near &&& also please give your comments/reviews on XFX 4850 performance

URL
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150351
(It contains related info,specs on XFX 4850)

sidkarode

Broken In

Hi every1,
I had zeroed on Zotac GTS 250 AMP Edition Card which retails at around 12k. Also my motherboard of choice for my new machine was Gigabyte EP45C-UD3R ( *www.giga-byte.com/Products/Motherboard/Products_Spec.aspx?ProductID=2953 ). This board costs Rs 9500.
But now, I am thinking whether i should go for Palit Radeon HD 4870 1 GB Dual Sonic Card (Rs 17000) and Gigabyte EP43-DSL3 motherboard ( *www.giga-byte.com/Products/Motherboard/Products_Spec.aspx?ProductID=2847 ), which is around Rs. 5000. I am opting for the gigabyte boards, instead of MSI or any other brand is because, they have 8 back USB ports and 4 internal USB headers, which is my requirement.
My question is, if I opt for the Radeon 4870 (which is a very big card), will it cause problems while installation in the smaller motherboard. Also, will there be any problem, as this card occupies 2 slots. And the amount of heat generated by this card is also quite a bit. I m thinking of going in for Coolermaster CM 690 Nvidia Edition cabinet, which appears to have provision for 6 fans.
Now another thing, in order to connect all 6 fans in the cabinet, what all is required, i mean, from where do the fans draw there power? Does the motherboard require slots for plugging in the fans, or do they plug in the PSU? I am a novice, so will require some assistance!

Thanx in advance.

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!

Hi every1,
I had zeroed on Zotac GTS 250 AMP Edition Card which retails at around 12k. Also my motherboard of choice for my new machine was Gigabyte EP45C-UD3R ( *www.giga-byte.com/Products/Motherboard/Products_Spec.aspx?ProductID=2953 ). This board costs Rs 9500.
But now, I am thinking whether i should go for Palit Radeon HD 4870 1 GB Dual Sonic Card (Rs 17000) and Gigabyte EP43-DSL3 motherboard ( *www.giga-byte.com/Products/Motherboard/Products_Spec.aspx?ProductID=2847 ), which is around Rs. 5000. I am opting for the gigabyte boards, instead of MSI or any other brand is because, they have 8 back USB ports and 4 internal USB headers, which is my requirement.
My question is, if I opt for the Radeon 4870 (which is a very big card), will it cause problems while installation in the smaller motherboard. Also, will there be any problem, as this card occupies 2 slots. And the amount of heat generated by this card is also quite a bit. I m thinking of going in for Coolermaster CM 690 Nvidia Edition cabinet, which appears to have provision for 6 fans.
Now another thing, in order to connect all 6 fans in the cabinet, what all is required, i mean, from where do the fans draw there power? Does the motherboard require slots for plugging in the fans, or do they plug in the PSU? I am a novice, so will require some assistance!

Thanx in advance.
One answer, HD4870 1GB beats GTS250 to hell, only thing lacking in HD4870 is PhysX and CUDA but that's not that important, go for HD4870 1GB.

BUT remember a good mobo is very very important, so its upto you.

Also a new card(Palit HD4850 512MB DDR5) has been launched which costs 11.5K and performs between GTS250 and HD4870 1GB, basically this card(HD4850 512MB DDR5) is nothing but a HD4870 512MB with a bit less clockspeed which can be OCed easily.

So best choice for you is;
1.Gigabyte EP45C-UD3R =9.5k
2.Palit HD4850 512MB DDR5 =11.5k
Should give excellent performance, P45 chipset(Gigabyte EP45C-UD3R) is always preferred over P43(Gigabyte EP43-DSL3) anytime.

The CM690 case is perfect for your setup, will not cause any problems at all.

Chassis fans are two type-
1.Draws power from mobo(3 pin), fan speed(RPM) can be controlled via Bios or Windows.
2.Draws power from PSU directly using molex connectors, fan speed can't be controlled.

About the fan power questen I can't help you(as I have not actually seen the CM690), but since mobos usually have 2-3 fan connectors, the fans will probably draw power from the PSU, so to run 6 fans which requires a hell lot of power, you'll need at least 750w PSU.

Recommended PSU-
1.Corsair TX750w=8.2k(highly recommended, beats all other PSUs in catagory and provides upto 900w power)
2.Cooler master Real Power Pro 750w=8.1k
*www.theitwares.com/smps/smps.htm

REMEMBER-Don't neglect the PSU, with 6 Fans that setup will require a hell lot of power, get anything less and you might damage the setup.

Last edited:

capt.rej

Optimus Prime

The CM690 comes with 3x 120mm 3-pin fans...
u can add another 4x 120mm fans...a good coolermaster 120mm fan would set u back by around 300bucks but well worth it...
I also happen to own the Corsair 750TX...best PSU out there fr the buck

now guys help me out with this...my config:
ASUS Rampage Formula (Intel X48 Chipset)
Corsair Dominator 4GB (2x2GB) 1066MHz DDR2 RAM
Intel Core2 Quad Q9450 2.66GHz 12MB L2 Cache
Ati Radeon 3870X2 OC Edition

now my motherboard supports Crossfire, so it has 2x PCIe x16 slots
on of them is occupied by the 3870X2. Now one of my cousins gonna give me her old GeForce 7900GT. if i put it in my other PCIe X16 slot could i put it 2 ant practical use....
like take care of game physics...or help my 3870X2 deliver better performance...or anything like that...
i am currently using a single monitor setup...& no plans to go multi-monitor...
thnx in advance....

ambar.hitman

Journeyman

What about overclocking 9500 GT? How much can i overclock it? I dont have any custom cooling kits. All i can do for cooling is that i can keep my case open. My usual temps are 50-55 c while heavy gaming. Also, my config is 3 GHz HT, 1.5 GB DDR RAM. Will overclocking 9500 GT benefit me?
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
What about overclocking 9500 GT? How much can i overclock it? I dont have any custom cooling kits. All i can do for cooling is that i can keep my case open. My usual temps are 50-55 c while heavy gaming. Also, my config is 3 GHz HT, 1.5 GB DDR RAM. Will overclocking 9500 GT benefit me?

ambar.hitman

Journeyman

tkin

Back to school!!

The CM690 comes with 3x 120mm 3-pin fans...
u can add another 4x 120mm fans...a good coolermaster 120mm fan would set u back by around 300bucks but well worth it...
I also happen to own the Corsair 750TX...best PSU out there fr the buck

now guys help me out with this...my config:
ASUS Rampage Formula (Intel X48 Chipset)
Corsair Dominator 4GB (2x2GB) 1066MHz DDR2 RAM
Intel Core2 Quad Q9450 2.66GHz 12MB L2 Cache
Ati Radeon 3870X2 OC Edition

now my motherboard supports Crossfire, so it has 2x PCIe x16 slots
on of them is occupied by the 3870X2. Now one of my cousins gonna give me her old GeForce 7900GT. if i put it in my other PCIe X16 slot could i put it 2 ant practical use....
like take care of game physics...or help my 3870X2 deliver better performance...or anything like that...
i am currently using a single monitor setup...& no plans to go multi-monitor...
thnx in advance....
No, you can't put it to any practical use, 7900GT does not support PhysX, so if you install that card you'll practically have 2 different GPUs installed, many games allow you to select the graphics adapter, you can use any one of them but not both at the same time.

Also note that since the GPUs are completely different and not interlinked you'll need to change the Monitor connection to the GPU if you switch between GPUs everytime.

Recommendation-DON'T INSTALL THE GPU.

hey frienz plz help ,,,i want to buy a card between these three....
plz friendz i am in a g8 rush ....
Here r those..
8800 GTX XXX 768 mb Dddr3
9800 GTX 562 mb Ddr3
XFX 260 GTX 896mb ddr3

Plz if u can gimme a link to compare the three is lots gud ...plz help me out fast...

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent

XFX GTS260 is the best among the three...but it should be around 17k

r u sure of its caomparison vid 9800 n 8800gtx ...money no problem...
n its 260 GTX not 269GTS.......
How is 9800 GT 1gb ddr 3??
so out of three wicjh one rocks?

9800gtx 562 mb ddr3
9800 gt 1 gb ddr3
gtx 260 896mb ddr3
8800 gtx xxx 768 mb

thx!!!!!!!

Last edited:

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent

definitly it is far more better than 9800GTX+(now GTS250) and 8800GTX

Vaibhav Bishnoi

Broken In

Hi guys
I just checked out Newegg XFX HD-485X-ZDFC Radeon HD 4850 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire
is available for $189.99 which something around 10k's and it requires only 450W power while same Palit 1GB 4850 is for 11.5k's and requires 550W+

So guys is this also available in NCR or somewhere near &&& also please give your comments/reviews on XFX 4850 performance

URL
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150351
(It contains related info,specs on XFX 4850)

?????????????????????????????///
Is XFX 4850 good enough

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

Man you seem confused, look, if you consider the GTX260 one moment, then 8800GTX, 9800GT, 9800GTX+ and all are already fked out.

Just go for a GTX260 from any brand at the lowest price, cuz it's reference cooling is very great, and allows you to OC the core all the way to 720MHz, that means it pawns the GTX285 in performance too.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent

^^+1, GTX260 is always far more better than GTX285...GTX280/285 is a complete waste of money

k thx frenz
Posted again:
k thx frenz

Last edited:

ajith025

Broken In

which graphics should be used with samsung 2233SW monitor.

to play games, movies, etc.

Manickaraj

Broken In

Guys I ve a budget of 10k for a graphics card. I'm torn between 9800gtx+ and HD4850? Which one is better? Pls give me the brands and prices
(if possible Chennai price).

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

1) What SMPS/PSU do you have?
2) can you extend your budget to 13.5 (and get HD4870 which is far more superior to these two)

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

Wait for few weeks and get HD4850 for 6.5-7k.... :D
Yup, a massive price cut... BTW 9800GTX+ is not 10k.. its 12.5k here in Chennai...

Top Bottom