Graphics Cards related queries here.

Arnab boss

In the zone
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Get the GTS 250.

thanks topgear,i was also thinking the same as u,and the price really matters.i also have to buy an smps for my rig.i sought out aerobics 700 watts @3100,and 600 watts @2800.but I really want to go for cm psu but 3700 for 600 watts really seems a big deal.as my friend has a 600 w zebby psu and is working fine,so is zebby ok or I should go 4 cm.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
Get the GTS 250.

Thank u topgear,i was thinking the same.now I need to upgrade my psu I have chosen aerobics 700 watts @3100 and 600 w @2800.whereas cm 600 watts @3700.how is zebby psu,my friend brought a zebby 600 w and it is doing great job,so is it wise to go 4 a zebby 700 w @3100 or a 600 w cm @ 3700.thank

Last edited:

nikhilraktale

Right off the assembly line

No replies to my query ?

I'll just re post it once more :

Hello everyone , I am planning to purchase a Graphics card for my computer in the near future , my computer specs are :

Pentium dual core 2.80 ghz proc
1.5 Gb Hynix RAM
M/b : D102GGC2 (It has a PCI X 16 slot on it , am not sure about the version though)
standard frontech Smps (400 Watts)
My cabinet has an ATX form factor and i think it is large enough to sport the larger cards.
oh and... i have a CRT colour monitor [not LCD]

My budget is 6000 , but am willing to shell out 1000 more to get a significantly better card.

I don't want to run all games at full resolutions and max details , intermediate level performance will do.

What I do need is Shader model 4.0 as i am a graphics programmer setting foot into shader programming and Shader model 4 is significantly better than the one that i have now (sm 2.0)

I also need to know if i will need to install a new power unit or cooling solution for any card that you might suggest as my computer does run for extended durations (2 - 3 days) on end.

I do have fair bit of technical knowledge in the area so technical details are welcomed, it's just that i get baffled by the tremendous amount of info that is given about these cards.

I hope the info i gave is sufficient , thanks for any help !
Nikhil

Arnab boss

In the zone

Ya the prices has fallen in kolkata too,i purchased 9600 gt @5200 last week 4 a friend and zebby 600 w psu@2850 all.can u believe it.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

Correction. Palit HD4850 should be around 7.5k

And it does need a new PSU if you are using any PSU that gives less than 450W power.

a vendor here is giving me taht for 8000 RS
model 8400 GT
Posted again:
a vendor here is giving me taht for 8000 RS
model 8400 GT

Last edited:

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent

Correction. Palit HD4850 should be around 7.5k

And it does need a new PSU if you are using any PSU that gives less than 450W power.

I think it can run on 400W PSUs...or at least on a low quality 450W PSU.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

thanks topgear,i was also thinking the same as u,and the price really matters.i also have to buy an smps for my rig.i sought out aerobics 700 watts @3100,and 600 watts @2800.but I really want to go for cm psu but 3700 for 600 watts really seems a big deal.as my friend has a 600 w zebby psu and is working fine,so is zebby ok or I should go 4 cm.

1st of all I've never heard about aerobic PSU. So cannot comment about that. I would recomend a corsair vx450w which retails @ Rs. 3.9-4.2K in kolkata.

If you don't want to spend that much get zebronics platinum series psu.

Arnab boss

In the zone

1st of all I've never heard about aerobic PSU. So cannot comment about that. I would recomend a corsair vx450w which retails @ Rs. 3.9-4.2K in kolkata.

If you don't want to spend that much get zebronics platinum series psu.

Sorry topgear for typing mistakes ,as I am using my e71 for surfing.i meant zebronics platinum series psu ,as u mentioned.is it okay as I prefer the 700 w@3100from starcomp. my rig will b phenom 2 940 with asus m3a 78 T,with 1 t.b hdd,xfx gts 250, ram zion 2*2 gb 1066.with 2 dvd optical drives. is this config ok and can this psu take this load.

Rashi"s Beleive It Or Not !!!!!

Hey Frendzzzzzzz......
Did u read my story!!!!!!

Here is a story ....**** Man....i cant beleive this!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am getting GTX @*) oops excitement mein shift key dabi reh gayi

XFX 280 GTX 1024MB DDR3 Standard GX-280N-ZDF9 for my XFX 8800 GTX 768MB DDR3 XXX PV-T80F-SHD9

lolzzzzz..........a card which i for abv 35000Rs today

Hey but one problem is there!

the new card asks for more power i think!

above 600 W but stilllllllllllllllllll.......................Yipeeeeeee:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

cyanide911

Broken In

Intel Pentium D 820 2.8GHz
Nvidia Geforce 7300LE 256MB
1GB DDR2 RAM
Intel D102GGC2

I'm thinking of upgrading my megultra crappy video card. Any recommendations? Should be under Rs 6500 (maybe 7000)
Also, if you can, recommend me where to buy it in New Delhi. Also, a good PSU to go with it.

Thanks a lot.

Top Bottom