Graphics Cards related queries here.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

it is as reliable as XFX :) and you can find lot of Palit GPU owners in this forum :)

Warranty Rocks!!!! if u wait i suppose!!

Hey Guys I must say Warranty on graphic card rocks!:twisted:

Definitely u wud say Y?

Here is a g8 story totally on me ...may b its a trend or what...i dunno but i am pretty happy vid the results!!

i live in jalandhar, punjab..
Now here is it all waht happened!!

i bought my graphic card for a whopping 40,000 when 8800GTX was the king of all cards....i bought it frm Rashi Peripherals...
the card was imported from Singapore.
after i got the card 3 months later Rashi opened there centre in jalandhar too..altho it was in ludhiana also..
Cool the card worked Amazingly well ,running all the games in damn gud way vid High resolutions ,high graphics n all in Vista n XP both...
i was pretty happy vid the card n started not being active in this thread making me lose all info of currnet cards.
now a month back my GRAPHIC CARD got popped due to overheating...
i called the rashi n told them the issue n they replied that warranty doesnt cover heating issues....
now what???
i called the head office of rashi n told them the problem...
seeing records n date of purchase they said to me that we will offer u a replacement of card of 8800 GTX XXX frm XFX 768 mb..i said OK....
a day later they calld me to tell that we will giv u upgraded Model 9800 GTX
....i searched on net n found it preform better than 8800 gtx n said OK..
same day i called them n said to that if they can gimme GTX 260 ....n whoa they agreed .....
now the price difference was even not asked for me to pay!!!!
G88888888.......
i kno that card isnt placed at 40,000 still 8800 GTX served me for 2.5 years
n now they say they will gimme extended warranty of 2 years for loyalty towards High end gaming cards!!!!!!!!

g8....:mrgreen::)):twisted::twisted::grin:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

Thats really a great story.. but still hard to believe that they give GTX260 as replacement for 8800GTX.....:shock::rolleyes:
But still if you can get it, then its fu(king awesome man....

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent

GTX260 for 8800GTX??!!!!:shock: u r so lucky man...after all paying 40k 2yrs back was not at all a complete waste

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

Man, now that's called LUCK

Free upgrade anyone?
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
Man, now that's called LUCK

Free upgrade anyone?

Last edited:

ancientrites

In the zone

@ niraj trehan : dude its really hard to believe that you are getting replacement but then you are blessed by God :)

@comp@ddict:you said when gtx260 gets overclocked it beats up gtx 280 but what if gtx 280 overclocked.secondly i havent seen any review stating gtx260 is better than gtx280.

lolz bro...its quite easy to go vid the crap!!!!
actually i had no idea of xchange of cards n all....my mama g lives in london n he bot a dell desktop ,,,,by chance during the warranty period his cpu's motherboard's audio parts got defective,,,,as there was no same model available he got a SLI certified motherboard costing 3k more but free to him...!!
y???
evn i am not clear!!!!!!!!
but he says company is bound to giv us the replacement of HIGHER model only if the current is unavailable!!!
so i thot i must giv it a try!!
n whoa it worked!!!
Posted again:
lolz bro...its quite easy to go vid the crap!!!!
actually i had no idea of xchange of cards n all....my mama g lives in london n he bot a dell desktop ,,,,by chance during the warranty period his cpu's motherboard's audio parts got defective,,,,as there was no same model available he got a SLI certified motherboard costing 3k more but free to him...!!
y???
evn i am not clear!!!!!!!!
but he says company is bound to giv us the replacement of HIGHER model only if the current is unavailable!!!
so i thot i must giv it a try!!
n whoa it worked!!!

Last edited:

techie_85

Broken In

@rajkumar_pb,
I took your advice and bought a palit 4650 for 4.3k, pretty good card, i could play CoD4 and Crysis warhead at high setting,
Thanx for ur advice bro, i was originally thinking of buying 8600, i don't think that could have delivered this much performance.

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

^^ :)
Posted again:
^^ :smile:

Last edited:

Gowt1ham

Gowt1ham

Price of most wanted GPU's......

9800gt = 6800+Rs
HD 4850 7500Rs( 7300+) == 9800GT+ =8000+Rs

GTX 260= 10000Rs+(US)

The street prices are cheaper than quoted here.
GTX 260 is the best card for any sane guy--------but its above my pocket money.

nikhilraktale

Right off the assembly line

Hello everyone , I am planning to purchase a Graphics card for my computer in the near future , my computer specs are :

Pentium dual core 2.80 ghz proc
1.5 Gb Hynix RAM
M/b : D102GGC2 (It has a PCI X 16 slot on it , am not sure about the version though)
standard frontech Smps (400 Watts)
My cabinet has an ATX form factor

My budget is 6000 , but am willing to shell out 1000 more to get a significantly better card.

I don't want to run all games at full resolutions and max details , intermediate level performance will do.

What I do need is Shader model 4.0 as i am a graphics programmer setting foot into shader programming and Shader model 4 is significantly better than the one that i have now (sm 2.0)

I also need to know if i will need to install a new power unit or cooling solution for any card that you might suggest as my computer does run for extended durations (2 - 3 days) on end.

I do have fair bit of technical knowledge in the area so technical details are welcomed, it's just that i get baffled by the tremendous amount of info that is given about these cards.

I hope the info i gave is sufficient , thanks for any help !
Nikhil

(EDIT: I was thinking maybe the EVGA 9600GT or 9800GTX ,or can i get better ?)

Last edited:

Arnab boss

In the zone

Hi guys,yesterday I visited chadni for for rates of graphics card. I chose xfx 9800 gtx+ and xfx gtx 250, most of the shops did not heard about the gtx 250, so they suggested me 9800 gtx+.one of the shop even let me spoke with the xfx dealer in kolkata as he didn't have the gts 250,the guy said that 9800 gtx + and gts 250 have the same features and same memory with different pricing. But gts 250 is cheaper than gtx 9800 gtx+ so which one is good as the rates I got r 9800 gtx+ is 10600 whereas gts 250 is 9100. These r the cheapest rates I got from diff shops, so guys help me out to choose... Thank.

Top Bottom