Graphics Cards related queries here.

sagar_coolx

Journeyman
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

What is the current price of hd4670 in MUMBAI ?
I know itwares quotes it as 5775/-...but considerind that ppl in kolkata get 9600gt for 6k...this seems high...
would it be cheaper in lamington?if so tell some shops which offer a good deal please..

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

hi all...

i wanna buy a gfx card and norrowed down my choices to the following :

(i) Palit 9400 GT - 1GB

(ii) XFX 8600 GT - 512 MB

please help to finalize which one to get....!!!!

are Palit cards good..? or do they have any performance issues...?

my mobo is intel D101GGC
intel 2.66 dual core processor
1.5 GB RAM
and onboard gfx chipset is ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 series...

thanks a lot in advance...!
GO for 9500GT @ 3.7k, best option.

I know itwares quotes it as 5775/-...but considerind that ppl in kolkata get 9600gt for 6k...this seems high...
See, HD4650 is th best contender for 4.8k, and HD4670 uslessly costs 5.5k but no performance increase.
The nxt level is 9600GT selling for reportedly as low as 5.6-5.8k, so u see, no question of HD4670 at all.

janitha

Wise Old Owl

would it be cheaper in lamington?if so tell some shops which offer a good deal please..

5.5K @ primeabgb.com

AbhY

Broken In

8600GT is better but I would suggest you to get a 9500GT 256MB ddr3 instead.(Palit ).

8600GT Will be 512 MB, where as 9500GT will be 256 MB. How will the memory size affect the performance? What about running GTA4 with both these cards? GTA4 requirements say that it requires 512MB card. That's y i'm asking

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

I said 8600GT is beter than 9400GT.

8600GT and 9500Gt - Both have have identical performance but latter is a bit better.
9500GT with 256MB ram can outperform 8600GT with 256MB ram.
9500GT is based on 55nm fabrication process & 8600GT is based on 80nm.
So 9500GT runs a lot cooler.

9500Gt & 8600GT gpus don't have enogh power to utilise the whole 512MB ram.

So look for 9500GT 256MB DDR3 version - You can even oc it more than 8600GT as it's run cooler.

You should be able to run GTA4 better than 8600GT on 9500GT though lower settings and resolutions.

If you want play GTA4 at a decent quality then opt for 9600gt

Last edited:

spiketide

Right off the assembly line

thanks for the tips guys...

can utell what is the currnet price for 9500 GT and 9600GT...?
can u also specify it along with the size of RAM on them...?
my budget is 5k and there's no way i can go up and beyond that.... blame the recession....:mad:.. i guess...

thanks....

and i also do have this nagging suspicion why palit cards costs so less than xfx cards... i mean cards with the same specs.....

Last edited:

AbhY

Broken In

spiketide said:
can u tell what is the currnet price for 9500 GT

At lamington road, mumbai,

Palit 9500GT 512MB = 3250RS/-
Palit 9500GT 1GB = 3750RS/-
I don't remember the ram type, if it's DDR2 or DDR3

I'll like to ask a few questions.
topgear said:
So look for 9500GT 256MB DDR3 version - You can even oc (overclock) it more than 8600GT as it's run cooler.
I'm looking for a GFX card with HDMI port (for connecting to TV), so that i can use the same HDMI cable which i use for connecting my DVD player to TV as well.
Palit 9500GT doesn't have it. Any other brand suggestions?

Is a graphic card with DDR3 memory supposed to have any substantial advantages over the DDR2 version of the same? (Incase you need, I have intel 946GZ motherboard with DDR2 ram support)

I have 450W PSU (brand = i-ball). Will i need to change it if i use a Palit 8600GT/9500GT?

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

Guys,
I have a Intel C2D E8400, Asus P5GC-MX/1333 Board and a Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 card. All running on a Intex cabinet's default 450 W supply. It runs fine, but my concern is if it can create complications in the future. Also, my GFX card runs at about 65-70 deg. cel. under load, is this temp critical?

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

No, but 'm concerned about the PSU. please change it soon, very soon.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

At lamington road, mumbai,

Palit 9500GT 512MB = 3250RS/-
Palit 9500GT 1GB = 3750RS/-
I don't remember the ram type, if it's DDR2 or DDR3

I'll like to ask a few questions.

I'm looking for a GFX card with HDMI port (for connecting to TV), so that i can use the same HDMI cable which i use for connecting my DVD player to TV as well.
Palit 9500GT doesn't have it. Any other brand suggestions?

Is a graphic card with DDR3 memory supposed to have any substantial advantages over the DDR2 version of the same? (Incase you need, I have intel 946GZ motherboard with DDR2 ram support)

I have 450W PSU (brand = i-ball). Will i need to change it if i use a Palit 8600GT/9500GT?

The cheapest good card with HDMI port is Palit 8600GT 512MB DDR3 With HDMI For rs. 3500. Don't know about other brands.

Graphics card with DDR3 gives significant performannce boost.

If your PSU is serving you well hen you don't need to buy a new psu for running 8600GT/9500GT.

Vidur

Right off the assembly line

can anyone please suggest me the cheapest Gigabyte graphics card.

no emphasis on specifications,
just specify the price
please, its urgent

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

I need to get some things straightened out:
1> How will I know the effenciency of a PSU?
2> Is there any way to reduce the Power consumption, for example, by playing at a lower resolution?
3> Will attaching extra fans increase the load?

giri1991

Broken In

Among the cards with are spoken above ? Which has efficiency to play GTA IV smoothly ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^^ At least 9600Gt. Better HD4850 or 9800GTx+

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

Among the cards with are spoken above ? Which has efficiency to play GTA IV smoothly ?

Anything above the 9600GT will cut it depending on the rest of the config as the game is more CPU dependent than GPU. If you have a good Core 2 Duo with 2.2Ghz speed and 2GB of RAM, then a 9600GT will be the cheapest card to play it smoothly at a res. of 1280x720 on Medium/Low settings.

giri1991

Broken In

Anything above the 9600GT will cut it depending on the rest of the config as the game is more CPU dependent than GPU. If you have a good Core 2 Duo with 2.2Ghz speed and 2GB of RAM, then a 9600GT will be the cheapest card to play it smoothly at a res. of 1280x720 on Medium/Low settings.

Oof :rolleyes: GTA IV :rolleyes:

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

I need to get some things straightened out:
1> How will I know the effenciency of a PSU?
2> Is there any way to reduce the Power consumption, for example, by playing at a lower resolution?
3> Will attaching extra fans increase the load?

its usually written on a label on the psu or on the box that the psu came with. many times , its over rated.
if its a popular psu , then u can see the reviews where efficiency is measured. if a psu is 80plus certified , then its efficiency is over 80% around 50% load. .even at 100% load , its above 80% . .it drops only at very low loads.

lower resolution will decrease power consumption but at too great a cost. .i dont think any one would reduce resolution for saving power. besides , the power u save is not even substantial.

an extra fan may take a watt or two . not much. its worth it as it brings about ventilation.

sagar_coolx

Journeyman

one small doubt...i have asusu a8n-e mobo..a 939pin amd mobo...nforce4 ultra chipset...with pcie port. now will the palit hd4670 work on this? the card is ati but my chipset is nvidia..will there be compatibality problems?also the card is pcie2..

Top Bottom