Graphics Cards related queries here.

sa_still_rocks

SA ~San Andreas
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Does anybody know a good graphics card(PCI X16) for 2000-4000 bucks? Plzzzzzz.....

plzz try to mail me at my email too... thnx a lott.

Last edited:

janitha

Wise Old Owl

Spend a little more & get MSI P35 NEO-F For Rs. 4600 or Palit P35 A For Rs. 4300.

A rig with p35 chipset, C2D 8400 & 9800GTX+ with 2x1GB ddr2 ram in dual channel will give you far more better performance & ocing capability than a mobo under 4K.

Where? I bought it last week for 6K + shipping. Even now no online shop quotes it for less than 6K!

Edit:-

Sorry. My mistake. It is P45.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ Ok. It's alright buddy. No need to be sorry :p

theitwares guys are selling it for only Rs. 4600

*www.theitwares.com/motherboards/motherboards.htm

Vaibhav Bishnoi

Broken In

PPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSS.
Rates for PALIT HD4850 512Mb & 1 GB Sonic edition.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
How much watt SMPS will be required and please tell da Brand also.
Any drop in prices expexted ????

AbhY

Broken In

Hi all, i'm, new here.
Well, i want to purchase a new graphic card and ram as well for gaming.

My configuration is-
Intel P4 3.0GHZ,
1 GB DDR2 ram,
Asus P5BMX-WifiAP MotherBoard(Inter 946GZ Equivalent),
80GB HDD,
DVD-RW + CD-RW

My total budget for total upgrade (GFX card + RAM) is around 4-4.5K

I have followed this topic, and i have shortlisted 3 models-
1) Nvidia 8600GT
2) ATI HD 4350
3) Nvidia 9500 GT

Any other good one in such low price? I guess 3rd one may not be worth, but i'll like to get the confirmation.

I'll be using it for gaming only and basically what i want is a nice one with any amount of memory (256 or 512), or any damn specifications (DDR2 or DDR3) which will give me best gaming performance and maximum compatibility and running for maximum amount of time. And just for knowledge, the 8600GT is available in 512MB, and 1GB versions, right? What is it?

And the RAM, i have 2 slots, one is already filled up having a 1GB DDR2 667MHZ stick. So, just one slot remeaining. Should i get 2 GB additional for being future proof, or shud i get just 1 GB instead? Plz consider that I'm not a hardcore gamer. As of now, i'm just after GTA 4, nothing else.

And one most last thing, will i require a new more powerful PSU according to my newer configuration?

tkin

Back to school!!

GTX 295 still fails with HD 4870X2 , poor :( NVIDIA their response to HD4870 failed

The ATI has released the crossfire HOTFIX for the HD 4850 & 4870 , now the crossfire works with all games fine
Sorry dude, GTX 295 beats the crap out of HD4870x2 at every game it is tested on, at same price. Looks like nVidia is learning the truth and putting the card at 499$, i.e @ 28k in India, wish I had a SLI mobo, this card blows all away.

*www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-295-preview/

P.S-There are more reviews, just google GTX295 review.

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

Sorry dude, GTX 295 beats the crap out of HD4870x2 at every game it is tested on, at same price. Looks like nVidia is learning the truth and putting the card at 499$, i.e @ 28k in India, wish I had a SLI mobo, this card blows all away.

*www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-295-preview/

P.S-There are more reviews, just google GTX295 review.

The difference in performance in Dead Space is just insane. Those who think that HD4870x2 wins should seriously get their eyes checked. The people in green are back in bussiness 8).

Manickaraj

Broken In

The difference in performance in Dead Space is just insane. Those who think that HD4870x2 wins should seriously get their eyes checked. The people in green are back in bussiness 8).

But we cant forget wat ATI have done to the gaming community. No ATI, no 9800 gtx+ for 11k. ATI shud come back quickly with their 40nm GPUs and they shud beat the crap outta nvidia.:cool:

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

ati is going to launch the RV740 next quarter.Its made 40Nm process technology.better than any other CPU/GPU in the world!It will have 3600Mhz or 4000 Mhz may be GDDR5(just like 4870).And performance will be be better than 4850 and price will be only 120$!!High performance low price-extreme value for money.Also it might be the first GPU in the world too be overclockable to 1 Ghz core speed!.PSP2 is also rumoured to have a GPU of this company and not nvidia.Successor of Xbox 360 and successor of Wii will have GPU of AMD,no news of PS4.These day intel r trying to buy Imagination Technology is PowerVR(Just like the brand name of Asustek company is Asus,the brand name of Imagination Technologies is PowerVR).It is very good graphics company-3rd only to Nvidia,ATI.So from I.T and one of my friend had a graphics card of this company called the Kuyro 2 which i benchmarked a lot.Competitor to Gforce 2, very good VFM

acidbrainfused

Right off the assembly line

My PC specs are:

Proc: P4-845G
Mobo: Mercury 903U
RAM: 1GB
HDD: Seagate 250G and 400G

Planning to add RAM, 1 more HDD (USB) and a couple of USB devices.

a) What is the ideal PSU reqd?
b) Which is the "recommended" Graphics card for this config? (I would ideally want to play GTA 4, NFS etc.)

Plz. help.

tkin

Back to school!!

ati is going to launch the RV740 next quarter.Its made 40Nm process technology.better than any other CPU/GPU in the world!It will have 3600Mhz or 4000 Mhz may be GDDR5(just like 4870).And performance will be be better than 4850 and price will be only 120$!!High performance low price-extreme value for money.Also it might be the first GPU in the world too be overclockable to 1 Ghz core speed!.PSP2 is also rumoured to have a GPU of this company and not nvidia.Successor of Xbox 360 and successor of Wii will have GPU of AMD,no news of PS4.These day intel r trying to buy Imagination Technology is PowerVR(Just like the brand name of Asustek company is Asus,the brand name of Imagination Technologies is PowerVR).It is very good graphics company-3rd only to Nvidia,ATI.So from I.T and one of my friend had a graphics card of this company called the Kuyro 2 which i benchmarked a lot.Competitor to Gforce 2, very good VFM
Decreasing Cheap fabrication process doesn't necessarily increase performance, then 9800GTX+ should beat 9800GTX by large margin but not so in reality, if the card costs 120$ then it will perform similiar to HD4850 or less, no way ATI will bring a card that replaces their current cheapest VFM card in less than a year, remember 8800GTX ruled for quite a long time, HD48xx will do the same.

Manickaraj

Broken In

Decreasing Cheap fabrication process doesn't necessarily increase performance, then 9800GTX+ should beat 9800GTX by large margin but not so in reality, if the card costs 120$ then it will perform similiar to HD4850 or less, no way ATI will bring a card that replaces their current cheapest VFM card in less than a year, remember 8800GTX ruled for quite a long time, HD48xx will do the same.

8800 GTX ruled for a long time because of the abscence of competition from ATI at that period. The scenario has changed now buddy. If the rabbit rests for a while u know who ll win the race.:D

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

8800 GTX ruled for a long time because of the abscence of competition from ATI at that period. The scenario has changed now buddy. If the rabbit rests for a while u know who ll win the race.:D

Well you got the marketing right..! :)

AbhY

Broken In

People, i'm waiting for your valuable suggestions.
Post no. 7387

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

Hi all, i'm, new here.
Well, i want to purchase a new graphic card and ram as well for gaming.

My configuration is-
Intel P4 3.0GHZ,
1 GB DDR2 ram,
Asus P5BMX-WifiAP MotherBoard(Inter 946GZ Equivalent),
80GB HDD,
DVD-RW + CD-RW

My total budget for total upgrade (GFX card + RAM) is around 4-4.5K

I have followed this topic, and i have shortlisted 3 models-
1) Nvidia 8600GT
2) ATI HD 4350
3) Nvidia 9500 GT

Any other good one in such low price? I guess 3rd one may not be worth, but i'll like to get the confirmation.

I'll be using it for gaming only and basically what i want is a nice one with any amount of memory (256 or 512), or any damn specifications (DDR2 or DDR3) which will give me best gaming performance and maximum compatibility and running for maximum amount of time. And just for knowledge, the 8600GT is available in 512MB, and 1GB versions, right? What is it?

And the RAM, i have 2 slots, one is already filled up having a 1GB DDR2 667MHZ stick. So, just one slot remeaining. Should i get 2 GB additional for being future proof, or shud i get just 1 GB instead? Plz consider that I'm not a hardcore gamer. As of now, i'm just after GTA 4, nothing else.

And one most last thing, will i require a new more powerful PSU according to my newer configuration?
HD4650 @ 4.5k
1GB Transcend/ur current brand RAM @ 0.7k

Now u won't need a new PSU wid the HD4650, tada.

AbhY

Broken In

Thanks comp@ddict. But this will require 5.2K, which gets out of budget. Can i do something like avoiding buying PSU by buying other GFX cards instead?

Last edited:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

R u true that "RV740" chipset GPU for 120$ , i ve heard that the GPU will be more than 200$ listed

Then 1Ghz core GPU cant imagine on the "RV" chipset , may be 40nm could make gamers dream ,

Also RV770 chipset has tend to outdated for ATI , the next chipset on the update of RV770 is ready with 40nm . 2009 launch

i think green is now getting RED .

Top Bottom