Graphics Cards related queries here.

quicky008

Technomancer
From a local seller at my place (in west bengal). The seller has agreed to take it back and get it checked.If it turns out to be defective,he will rma it.

He mentioned that he had received stock of some gt 710s earlier from galax that were DOA. It seems galax's QC isn't the best as compared to other brands.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
From a local seller at my place (in west bengal). The seller has agreed to take it back and get it checked.If it turns out to be defective,he will rma it.

He mentioned that he had received stock of some gt 710s earlier from galax that were DOA. It seems galax's QC isn't the best as compared to other brands.
I don't prefer Chinese brands like Galax & Colourful exactly for this reason, quality control.

quicky008

Technomancer
I don't prefer Chinese brands like Galax & Colourful exactly for this reason, quality control.
How reliable are these so called colourful cards? I have been seeing lots of colorful gpus at my local retailers lately.

For instance one retailer is giving a colorful 3060 for around 36k,whereas a 3060 from zotac would typically cost 41k.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
How reliable are these so called colourful cards? I have been seeing lots of colorful gpus at my local retailers lately.

For instance one retailer is giving a colorful 3060 for around 36k,whereas a 3060 from zotac would typically cost 41k.
You yourself answered it, these galax & colourful cards have started flooding Nehru Place Delhi since 2-3 years ago with main reason being more profit margins for sellers & you can be almost sure that if most sellers in that place are trying to sell you same thing then that thing is definitely to be avoided.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
So I was just comparing the 1050Ti and RX480 4GB models through these links for some latest games because one of my friend is facing lag with their RX480 in PES21 but FIFA22 works fine. I am using 1050Ti and I don't face lags in PES21.
*www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1050-Ti-Desktop.181032.0.html
*www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-R...-Polaris-desktop-card-at-launch.168250.0.html

Even though RX480 is from 1 gen older, it seems better card than 1050Ti. Am I comparing it right? Also to add about config, friend is on i5 4th or 6th gen sub-20k processor and I have Ryzen5 3600

So I was just comparing the 1050Ti and RX480 4GB models through these links for some latest games because one of my friend is facing lag with their RX480 in PES21 but FIFA22 works fine. I am using 1050Ti and I don't face lags in PES21.
*www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1050-Ti-Desktop.181032.0.html
*www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-R...-Polaris-desktop-card-at-launch.168250.0.html

Even though RX480 is from 1 gen older, it seems better card than 1050Ti. Am I comparing it right? Also to add about config, friend is on i5 4th or 6th gen sub-20k processor and I have Ryzen5 3600
CPU might be causing the stuttering as at times the fps is dropping below 30fps maybe. You have a better CPU, so 1% low fps is higher. Also, check if your friend has RAM in dual channel.

RX 480 is more powerful than 1050Ti, former gets very close to 1060.

quicky008

Technomancer
You yourself answered it, these galax & colourful cards have started flooding Nehru Place Delhi since 2-3 years ago with main reason being more profit margins for sellers & you can be almost sure that if most sellers in that place are trying to sell you same thing then that thing is definitely to be avoided.
yes the seller was very insistent on the fact that colorful gpus are reliable and one could go for them without any reservations whatsoever. I think he had stocked up too many colorful gpus but as they were not selling that well he tried to get rid of them by offering them at a lower price.

yes the seller was very insistent on the fact that colorful gpus are reliable and one could go for them without any reservations whatsoever. I think he had stocked up too many colorful gpus but as they were not selling that well he tried to get rid of them by offering them at a lower price.
Don't believe any sellers IMO. For them, profits come first.

When I was hunting PC parts in SP Road, BLR, a seller was trying to sell me R5 3600 over i5 12400 I was asking saying the former is better for gaming. I was surely getting a lot of Colorful GPUs as well though, glad I ended up with Zotac.

quicky008

Technomancer
one of my friends wants to sell his 1060 6gb mini (zotac) -its around 3 yrs old and has no warranty.What would be a good price for it?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
one of my friends wants to sell his 1060 6gb mini (zotac) -its around 3 yrs old and has no warranty.What would be a good price for it?
If he had registered his card for 5 years warranty then it will still be in warranty & will fetch higher price. Usual price is around 12-13k with additional 2-3k for extra warranty left.

Finally some decent pricing for MSI Gaming Z rtx3070 at 59k
What should be the ideal pricing for this card, knowing FE version goes for 45k?
Price seems fine. We never got AIB cards for FE card like pricing before crypto boom, 3070 started at 50k & 3060Ti at 40k. Likely prices will fall till those figures. IMO anyone who wants upto a mid range GPU can just buy it now, no need to wait for few thousands more of price drop.

A 3060Ti at under 50k performs just 10-15% inferior to 3070, so not a bad deal. RX6600 at 29k is just the best deal around 30k.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Yeah, for people who are ready with their cash should just grab best value for their money at this point. Everyone is saying wait for 2months more there will be huge influx of used 3xxx series card but why is it not happening already?
How's the 6700XT against 3070? Vedant has Asus TUF 6700XT for 60.5K. What bothers me about 6700XT is the smaller bus interface of 192-bit (at this price) against 3070's 256-bit interface. Is that the reason why 3070 is slightly faster than 6700XT?
Also I am seeing comments like 3070's 8GB VRAM will not be sufficient in future so 6700XT's with 12GB VRAM is better pick. This value should apply only if 6700XT is priced lower than 3070 right?

Last edited:
Yeah, for people who are ready with their cash should just grab best value for their money at this point. Everyone is saying wait for 2months more there will be huge influx of used 3xxx series card but why is it not happening already?
How's the 6700XT against 3070? Vedant has Asus TUF 6700XT for 60.5K. What bothers me about 6700XT is the smaller bus interface of 192-bit (at this price) against 3070's 256-bit interface. Is that the reason why 3070 is slightly faster than 6700XT?
Also I am seeing comments like 3070's 8GB VRAM will not be sufficient in future so 6700XT's with 12GB VRAM is better pick. This value should apply only if 6700XT is priced lower than 3070 right?
As a 3070 user, 8GB VRAM on 3070 is a bummer for sure. But I doubt it will be an issue for up to 2K gaming anytime soon. Considering it performs similar to 2080Ti, it would have benefitted from higher VRAM for 4K. I feel 3080's 10GB VRAM as not good enough for 4K in future, not now though.

IMO 3070 should have had 10GB VRAM & 3080 with 12GB from start.

Cheapest 6700XT is 52k these days. It is kind of 3060Ti in performance.
MSI Radeon RX 6700 XT MECH 2X 12G OC 12GB Graphic Card
1656425203868.png

1656425276882.png

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Wow! If the performance is equal to 3060Ti then why the prices are near to 3070! AMD indian pricing is a joke. I was thinking to get AMD card for seamless Linux experience but gaming is priority. Now that Nvidia has opened their closed drivers, may be I can just go with 3070.

Also how are the thermal performance of those dual fans 6700XT card? They are so cheap that it seems like stock clearance or something.

Top Bottom