Graphics Cards related queries here.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I just checked some youtube benchmark videos for some AAA games and 3060Ti is able to do 60fps at Ultra. I don't even play AAA games. Even if I play, i will stick to high settings only. I will need 144fps for competitive games like Rocket League and CSGO etc. I am losing my nerve here :lol: that TUF version at 46 is decent price and best in last 2 years.

But the priced more than 20%. Also I don't find 3070 TUF version. Only 3070Ti TUF, which is also at best price in last 2years, at 64k for non OC version!
At that point, surely 3060Ti is a no brainer, that too TUF model. IMO just grab that 3060Ti TUF. 3070Ti needed 10GB VRAM to be worth it, its barely 10% better than 3070.

3060Ti has been an excellent VFM choice since launch, so in more demand. Like when I purchased my rig, a decent 3070 was 10% more than a decent 3060Ti, hence I bought a 3070 personally. Else 3060Ti was my choice.

quicky008

Technomancer
Rtx 2060 is selling for 26k on vedant, is its price likely to drop further to around 20k in the next few months?

How much was it selling for during the pre pandemic period?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Rtx 2060 is selling for 26k on vedant, is its price likely to drop further to around 20k in the next few months?

Around 26K only. 2060S was around 32K IIRC. 2060 isn't worth it anymore unless bought at around 21K. Prices supposed to be falling. Let's see when it happens. Indian gamers are predicting it to be after 1-2 months. That's when new gen will be announced(if no changes in plans) and start shipping to distributors. Since retailers are already sitting with massive stock of 3xxx gen cards and with no mining craze this time, prices should fall below MSRP for every card. This all is only best case scenario. Prayers of PC gamers all over world would work or not, we will get to see soon now.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover

This can happen but i dont suggest getting a non rtx card at this point, get atleast 3060 imo for around 35k

quicky008

Technomancer
6600 is supposed to be a good budget offering, but the fact that it's a pcie 8x gpu and performs unoptimally when paired with a pcie gen 3 mobo is a major let down

Last edited:

Had seen deals of 20-21k on a single fan Asus once, but usually was 24-25k. 2060S had some deals of upto 27-28k from what I remember.

6600 is supposed to be a good budget offering, but the fact that it's a pcie 8x gpu and performs unoptimally when paired with a pcie gen 3 mobo is a major let down
I think you are confusing it with 6500XT. RX 6600 is a good card. There is upto 5% performance drop if you use a Gen4 GPU on Gen3, but only 6500XT was the outlier because of x4 lanes.

Right now RX 6600 at 29k is the cheapest GPU worth buying new. PCIe 3.0 x8 still has enough bandwidth, unlike PCIe 3.0 x4.

quicky008

Technomancer
yes,i did,but at the time i didn't anticipate that gpu prices would drop so rapidly.If i had known that gpus like 2060 would become available for 26k within a few weeks then i might have bought that instead and saved a lot of cash.For my requirements,i think a 2060 would have sufficed.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
yes,i did,but at the time i didn't anticipate that gpu prices would drop so rapidly.If i had known that gpus like 2060 would become available for 26k within a few weeks then i might have bought that instead and saved a lot of cash.For my requirements,i think a 2060 would have sufficed.
Major oof! 51k is almost double of 26k . How did you end up spending double? Prices are falling down for sure but its very slow for low-mid range cards. Can't really say how much more it will fall but things are looking promising.

quicky008

Technomancer
i had always wanted to procure a 3060ti since its launch in 2020 when it was available for just 40k. However as my 1060 was doing its job pretty well at the time i decided not to get it (besides 40k in itself was by no means a low price and i didnt want to shell out that kind of money on a gpu alone). Little did i know that the prices would skyrocket with the advent of the mining boom within the next few months. So when the prices started coming down at the beginning of june this year i jumped the gun and bought it on an impulse(foolish move)! Although it would have been prudent to wait a bit longer as now i believe its price has reduced further to 47k!

Nowadays i am seeing lots of posts on FB marketplace from various sellers (of questionable repute) for 3060tis that are just a couple of months old and were used "only for gaming" apparently-and they are literally selling them at throwaway prices (35-40k).Why they are suddenly selling off their perfectly good gaming cards at such low prices is anyone's guess though-probably trying to recoup their losses by selling their gear after the crypto crash!

quicky008

Technomancer
I just checked some youtube benchmark videos for some AAA games and 3060Ti is able to do 60fps at Ultra. I don't even play AAA games. Even if I play, i will stick to high settings only. I will need 144fps for competitive games like Rocket League and CSGO etc. I am losing my nerve here :lol: that TUF version at 46 is decent price and best in last 2 years.
not for all titles though,in games like cyberpunk the fps drops when you crank the settings higher at 1080p and turn RT on. But its still is a pretty powerful card and is definitely a worthwhile purchase at 45k-ish range.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
i had always wanted to procure a 3060ti since its launch in 2020 when it was available for just 40k. However as my 1060 was doing its job pretty well at the time i decided not to get it (besides 40k in itself was by no means a low price and i didnt want to shell out that kind of money on a gpu alone). Little did i know that the prices would skyrocket with the advent of the mining boom within the next few months. So when the prices started coming down at the beginning of june this year i jumped the gun and bought it on an impulse(foolish move)! Although it would have been prudent to wait a bit longer as now i believe its price has reduced further to 47k!
You are not alone in this. I have same story to tell.

Nowadays i am seeing lots of posts on FB marketplace from various sellers (of questionable repute) for 3060tis that are just a couple of months old and were used "only for gaming" apparently-and they are literally selling them at throwaway prices (35-40k).Why they are suddenly selling off their perfectly good gaming cards at such low prices is anyone's guess though-probably trying to recoup their losses by selling their gear after the crypto crash!
They are obviously miners and probably still selling at without loss. What models are you seeing on used marketplace??

TheSloth

The Slowest One
not for all titles though,in games like cyberpunk the fps drops when you crank the settings higher at 1080p and turn RT on. But its still is a pretty powerful card and is definitely a worthwhile purchase at 45k-ish range.
RT is major resource hog and cyberpunk with its massive in-game crowd does it make fall below 60. I will not play with RT enabled if I can't get 60fps in AAA games and 144fps in competitives.

quicky008

Technomancer
mostly 3060tis and 3070s-3060tis are going for 35-40k and 3070s for around 45-48k.

there are many folks selling 3060s too,but their prices are not that great,usually in the same range as used 3060 tis-but recently i saw one for just 29k (a gigabyte model),which was quite well priced.

But i think its better to avoid such cards and buy new instead as no one knows for how long those cards were used and under what conditions-if they were used for mining then they are bound to go bad in the next few months.

And claiming warranty on them might be a problem,given that companies sometimes dont offer proper after sales support even for brand new products ,therefore one can very well imagine the nightmare that awaits someone who's unluckily caught dead with a malfunctioning second hand mining gpu.

Avoid used GPUs for sure. There's just too much risk of longevity. A GPU for gaming can last 5-6 years, but say a 24x7 operation by a miner will surely reduce its lifespan as gamers might be using it for maybe 2-3 hrs daily.

Secondary reason is, to let the miners take the loss. Bad thing is, Nvidia & AMD will always be in profit. Sadly Intel missed the window.

Top Bottom