Graphics Cards related queries here.

i am thinking of getting a zotac 3060ti twin edge (the non-oc version).A local dealer is offering one for around 52k-is that a good price for this gpu?

The non-oc variant of zotac 3060ti does not have any fan stop feature which causes the fans to stop spinning while the gpu is idle-my older 1060 6gb had this feature.Will keeping the fans of the gpu running all the time(Even when idle) decrease their longevity?
IMO, ok-ish price if you want something now. 3060Ti & 3070 prices have risen back up a bit. Then again, those are kind of the best mid-range GPUs, personally was considering those two, ended up with 3070.

Some sellers have Zotac RTX 3070 for as low as 55k, Yash Patel is one. But some people have complained about his slow shipping time of 3 weeks or so.
AkExtacY - Cheapest PC Parts Marketplace | Facebook
Check with verified sellers of this group.

Considering MD computers & vedant have that Zotac 3060Ti for 52k, it should be possible to get it for lower. Those 2 shops have high prices these days.

quicky008

Technomancer
i read some rather disquieting reviews online wherein it was mentioned that the zotac 3060ti is a bit noisy and can generate upto 42 dbA while under load.Is it bad enough to avoid this card altogether?

i read some rather disquieting reviews online wherein it was mentioned that the zotac 3060ti is a bit noisy and can generate upto 42 dbA while under load.Is it bad enough to avoid this card altogether?
For 3060Ti, Twin Edge will be ok-ish. Avoid 3070 one unless you get a great deal. India has high ambient noise, so noise is usually not an issue here. I will prefer Twin Edge over Colorful, Galax & Inno3D, also Zotac has 5 year warranty. Cooling is not great on this model, but from 3070, it becomes a bit of an issue, will run at high temps relatively. But a good case & 100% fan speed will keep it in check.

quicky008

Technomancer
according to some facebook user,this card(ie zotac twin edge 3060ti) idles at around 47 C and under load its temps hover around 70 C.

The twin edge gpu (non oc version) doesnt have a fan stop feature and so its fans keep on spinning even when its idle.

Therefore its a bit concerning why it would reache ~48 C while idling despite the fact that its fans are still active..Is the cooling solution in this card really poor in terms of efficiency?

according to some facebook user,this card(ie zotac twin edge 3060ti) idles at around 47 C and under load its temps hover around 70 C.

The twin edge gpu (non oc version) doesnt have a fan stop feature and so its fans keep on spinning even when its idle.

Therefore its a bit concerning why it would reache ~48 C while idling despite the fact that its fans are still active..Is the cooling solution in this card really poor in terms of efficiency?
Twin edge has poor cooling, but it is ok for 3060Ti, a bit concerning for 3070. I don't think Inno3D or Colorful will be much better. Anyways, noise is not a major issue in India as ambient noise is high here. So can run the GPU at high fan speed. My Zotac 3070 AMP runs at 75% fan speed to keep temps about 70C or lower in games. With Twin Edge, don't be surprised if you have to max out the fans.

will a i5 9400 bottleneck a 3060ti?
At 1080p, yes. At 1440p, it will as well, but not to a very big extent as 1080p. For an existing system, IMO you can buy a 3060Ti without worries. You won't get a night & day difference in most games by opting for say i5 12400 by spending extra. There are some benchmark videos on youtube, check them.

quicky008

Technomancer
bought zotac twin edge 3060ti non-oc today,although its working fine i have observed that i gpu intensive games like cyberpunk its temps rise as far as 81 C

Is this normal for a 3060ti to reach such high temps while running gpu intensive workloads?Whats the safe temp range for a 3060ti?

Can running the 3060ti at 80 C for prolonged periods reduce its longevity or damage it?

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
bought zotac twin edge 3060ti non-oc today,although its working fine i have observed that i gpu intensive games like cyberpunk its temps rise as far as 81 C

Is this normal for a 3060ti to reach such high temps while running gpu intensive workloads?Whats the safe temp range for a 3060ti?

Can running the 3060ti at 80 C for prolonged periods reduce its longevity or damage it?
congrats!! at what price and from where?
Also I thought zotac cards have good thermals

Price?

Twin Edge is not a great model thermally but considering Nvidia's temp limit is 86C, 81C is within operating temperature. Was this max temp or avg temp?

Use Zotac Firestorm & make the fan curve so that when your GPU hits 70C, your GPU fans are maxed out. Do the same stuff for your cabinet intake fans. I hope your cabinet has sufficient airflow, which one is it?

quicky008

Technomancer
Price?

Twin Edge is not a great model thermally but considering Nvidia's temp limit is 86C, 81C is within operating temperature. Was this max temp or avg temp?

Use Zotac Firestorm & make the fan curve so that when your GPU hits 70C, your GPU fans are maxed out. Do the same stuff for your cabinet intake fans. I hope your cabinet has sufficient airflow, which one is it?

I got it for 51.5k.

The cabinet is an older one, corsair carbide 400r,but it does have adequate airflow.

As per nvidia's official website, the safe operating temp for 3060ti/3060 is 93 C.

Does that mean its safe as long as the temp does not exceed 93 C? My older 1060 rarely exceeded 76-77 even under load.

Around 80c was the temp while running cyberpunk (according to the performance stats being displayed by nvidia overlay). However temps rise to the 80s only when the gpu utilisation is around 80-100%. I played some other games which were not so taxing and then the temps stayed under 70 C most of the time.

I got it for 51.5k.

The cabinet is an older one, corsair carbide 400r,but it does have adequate airflow.

As per nvidia's official website, the safe operating temp for 3060ti/3060 is 93 C.

Does that mean its safe as long as the temp does not exceed 93 C? My older 1060 rarely exceeded 76-77 even under load.

Around 80c was the temp while running cyberpunk (according to the performance stats being displayed by nvidia overlay). However temps rise to the 80s only when the gpu utilisation is around 80-100%. I played some other games which were not so taxing and then the temps stayed under 70 C most of the time.
Use HWinfo & take a good reading. See average temps. My GPU averages at 70C or lower but max goes up to 75C.

As mentioned earlier, tune fan curve for GPU & maybe case fans as well.

vedant is selling 6gb 2060s for 26k. Are these cards still viable for running AAA games at 1080p at med/high settings?
GPU entry level 1440p.png

1655434681922.png

I hope those graphs put things into perspective a bit. You can check benchmarks for RTX 3050 in new games, like CP 2077 & expect at least 10% uplift over that. IMO 26k is a decent price if you can't spend more than 26k on GPU. Else, I'd recommend RX 6600 for 31-32k. Also, latest gen architecture usually lasts better in long term as games don't get much optimization for very old cards.

A good example I personally saw is desktop GTX 1070 vs laptop RTX 2060. Former is more powerful in a lot of games, but in many newer games, the 2060 laptop GPU comes very close to 1070 desktop.

Top Bottom